Trip to the Faroe Islands - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Trip to the Faroe Islands

thesaint

Just wondering if anybody has anything booked for the Faroe Islands.Felt really let down when the sports options travel company cancelled their trip to the Faroes.I said at the time,they were panicking or being badly advised in cancelling the trip so long before it was due.If they had just waited a week or two more,it would have become clear that travel to the Faroes would be possible.It's certainly not the easiest place to book flights to,and i would appreciate any ideas about booking a flight etc.

Anybody able to work out the exact requirements to enter the Faroes.They are part of Denmark,so you would think the same regulations would apply to both.However,not sure about things i have read regarding not gathering in crowds etc,which would put the cabosh on attending the match.Thing is,i emailed the supporters club and they replied saying information on our ticket allocation would be out next week.If that's the case,then they must be planning to allow us to gather in crowds etc.Bit confused to be honest.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:25 AM, Flipping eck said:

I have a day trip from Edinburgh booked with a company called Wonky Sheep. They're like looking at the possibility of running a second flight and are taking names. I think it was £340. 

Sent them 4 emails regarding the trip,but haven't responded to any of them.Just wondering if you know what tests etc are required for a trip to the Faroes?Can't believe that nobody else who has booked a trip isn't interested in exactly what is required for entry.Surely some of them must be on this site?Trying to book a trip to the Faroes is really expensive,best i can do is £550 from london,with a 1 night stay,and that doesn't include travel costs to london and costs of pcr tests.Just like to thank sports options company for cancelling my trip from Edinburgh.Flapping f..king clowns.Never use them again,that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

I’m filing this one under “too much effort and cost for little reward”.

Focusing on Moldova.

J

I have a flight and hotel booked for the Faroes, the closer it becomes the more inclined I am to cancel it due to the hassle and trying to think of a worthy reason to get into the Islands. Moldova now all booked up and sorted with my group.

11 hours ago, thesaint said:

Sent them 4 emails regarding the trip,but haven't responded to any of them.Just wondering if you know what tests etc are required for a trip to the Faroes?Can't believe that nobody else who has booked a trip isn't interested in exactly what is required for entry.Surely some of them must be on this site?Trying to book a trip to the Faroes is really expensive,best i can do is £550 from london,with a 1 night stay,and that doesn't include travel costs to london and costs of pcr tests.Just like to thank sports options company for cancelling my trip from Edinburgh.Flapping f..king clowns.Never use them again,that's for sure.

As things stand you need a worthy reason for entering the Faroe Islands and attending a football match is not considered a worthy reason.

If I had been organising a trip out there then I'd have been cancelling it as well. 

2 hours ago, saintsparky said:

If the Faroes send us away tickets, then surely it would be with the approval of their government, that we will then be allowed into the country...

The SFA should clarify if there is a ticket sale...

Exactly.How crazy would that be,selling tickets to us ,in the knowledge that there is no way to get  into the Faroes to watch the match.Even in these crazy times,that would be just too ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Focusing on Moldova.

J

Was considering Moldova,but by all accounts it is a pretty hideous place.Also,lots of stories about problems with the local police etc.Could do without any hassle like that.Don't think i could be bothered with that.

6 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Focusing on Moldova.

J

Just realised that Moldova isn't on the green list like the Faroes,it's on the amber list.Surely that means more hoops to jump through.Even harder to get in and out of than the Faroes.

31 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Was considering Moldova,but by all accounts it is a pretty hideous place.Also,lots of stories about problems with the local police etc.Could do without any hassle like that.Don't think i could be bothered with that.

Don't believe what you've been told, it's a well worthwhile trip provided you are open-minded and do your research about the local culture before booking.

Was there in 2004, and would have been going on this one but for the travel difficulties. Indeed this was potentially the most attractive away trip of the group in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Don't believe what you've been told, it's a well worthwhile trip provided you are open-minded and do your research about the local culture before booking.

Was there in 2004, and would have been going on this one but for the travel difficulties. Indeed this was potentially the most attractive away trip of the group in my opinion.

That's interesting.However,the fact that Moldova is an amber country and not green like the Faroes is a bit off putting.Much more hassle regarding covid .

Moldova looks easier to get into than most countries...

The Ministry of Health has established a new set of rules for entering Moldova. The red and green list of countries is no longer applicable.

On entering Moldova, all arrivals must complete an epidemiological form that declares information about your state of health (relevant to the COVID pandemic) and confirm that you will self-isolate for 14 days unless you are exempt.

You will be exempt from self-isolation if you present one of the following documents:

• proof that you have received both doses of an approved vaccination. The second dose must have been administered at least 14 days before your date of arrival. Current rules do not specify whether electronic documents are acceptable as proof, but you are recommended to present your vaccination certificate in paper form
  • negative result of a PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before your date of arrival;
  • negative result of a rapid antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before your date of arrival;
  • a confirmation of the presence of COVID-19 antibodies (serological test) that is valid for a period of 90 days from the date of the test

1 minute ago, saintsparky said:

Moldova looks easier to get into than most countries...

The Ministry of Health has established a new set of rules for entering Moldova. The red and green list of countries is no longer applicable.

On entering Moldova, all arrivals must complete an epidemiological form that declares information about your state of health (relevant to the COVID pandemic) and confirm that you will self-isolate for 14 days unless you are exempt.

You will be exempt from self-isolation if you present one of the following documents:

• proof that you have received both doses of an approved vaccination. The second dose must have been administered at least 14 days before your date of arrival. Current rules do not specify whether electronic documents are acceptable as proof, but you are recommended to present your vaccination certificate in paper form
  • negative result of a PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before your date of arrival;
  • negative result of a rapid antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before your date of arrival;
  • a confirmation of the presence of COVID-19 antibodies (serological test) that is valid for a period of 90 days from the date of the test

It's not so much getting in.Just wondering what you would have to do to get back into the uk.As it is an amber country,there obviously must be more hoops to jump through than coming from a green country.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

There wlll be 1000+ of us in Moldova. Faroes in October with a ball ache to get there/get in makes Moldova seem massively appealing. That's why we've all booked Moldova.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

There were definitely problems with the Polis last time. I experienced it twice myself and I do know the SFA and British Embassy called a meeting with with the Moldovan authorities to put a stop to it.

All of this was nearly 20 years ago, though.

What it's like now? Who knows.

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

Just realised that Moldova isn't on the green list like the Faroes,it's on the amber list.Surely that means more hoops to jump through.Even harder to get in and out of than the Faroes.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I’m with Barney on this one. We had a ball in 2004.

We had originally only booked one night in Chisinau and bookended it with two nights either side in Bucharest.

We had such a great time on the first day/night, we binned off the following night in Bucharest and stayed an extra night in Chisinau.

The Bucharest/Chisinau combo remains one of my favourite TA trips ever. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There wlll be 1000+ of us in Moldova. Faroes in October with a ball ache to get there/get in makes Moldova seem massively appealing. That's why we've all booked Moldova.

What's the requirements to come back into the uk from an amber country like Moldova?Austria,which is green was a pcr test in Austria and a 2day test on return.Obviously,there must be more to do when coming back from Moldova.Anybody got a definative answer?

10 hours ago, Dodger said:

As things stand you need a worthy reason for entering the Faroe Islands and attending a football match is not considered a worthy reason.

If I had been organising a trip out there then I'd have been cancelling it as well. 

I’m confused!! My reading of these rules is that if your are double vaccinated as the UK is currently orange it’s an OECD country then on the outward journey you simply turn up with proof of that vaccination and your in no tests no isolating!! https://en.coronasmitte.dk/rules-and-regulations/entry-into-denmark/categorization-of-countries

Edited by macwomble

1 hour ago, macwomble said:

I’m confused!! My reading of these rules is that if your are double vaccinated as the UK is currently orange it’s an OECD country then on the outward journey you simply turn up with proof of that vaccination and your in no tests no isolating!! https://en.coronasmitte.dk/rules-and-regulations/entry-into-denmark/categorization-of-countries

That's the way i originally saw it.Same as Austria,only double vaccination proof on way in,and pcr test in Austria and then the 2 day test when home.This thing about an acceptable reason to go to the Faroes seems a bit odd.Thought that was all done away with when the country turned green.Wish somebody could give a definitive requirement for entry.Frustrating to say the least.