Vaccine Passports - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vaccine Passports

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, aaid said:

No extension of the venues covered by vaccine passports.  From 6th December a negative Lateral Flow test will be accepted as an alternative. 

BBC Scotland will be raging. They have been ramping it up in preparation for a concerted onslaught.

7 minutes ago, Lamia said:

BBC Scotland will be raging. They have been ramping it up in preparation for a concerted onslaught.

The latest cause of complaint seems to be that the App doesn’t currently include any booster you’ve have.

The material impact of that is unclear give the requirement is to have both initial doses, not both doses plus the booster.  I suspect that will change in the future and so long as the App is updated by then, it’s of no relevance.

But hey, the English app does it which I’m guessing is the point of the objection. 

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

The latest cause of complaint seems to be that the App doesn’t currently include any booster you’ve have.

The material impact of that is unclear give the requirement is to have both initial doses, not both doses plus the booster.  I suspect that will change in the future and so long as the App is updated by then, it’s of no relevance.

But hey, the English app does it which I’m guessing is the point of the objection. 

Looks like the BBC aren't happy now it hasn't been extended. 😂

21 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Looks like the BBC aren't happy now it hasn't been extended. 😂

They appear to be blaming Nicola Sturgeon for them jumping to the wrong conclusion.

The clincher was the guy from some cinema likening his position to a prisoner being on death row and not knowing if he was going to get a stay of execution or not, talk about hyperbole.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

The clincher was the guy from some cinema likening his position to a prisoner being on death row and not knowing if he was going to get a stay of execution or not, talk about hyperbole.

That was hilarious! 

On 11/22/2021 at 11:41 AM, phart said:

It's Hobson's Choice in practice really so was always going to lead to a spike in uptake.  Thought this was an interesting article on it although both the contributing doctors probably had to extract splinters from their glutes from prolonged fence sitting:

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/austria-mandatory-covid-vaccine-plan-ignore-lessons-history-1313153

My concern is the 'profit' from it is obvious but the 'loss' column less so.  One that leaps out, mirrored across much of Eastern Europe, is the rise again of the Far Right where Polling in Austria doesn't make great reading:

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/austria/

OVP have nose dived from 40% to 25% in a year whilst SPO are fairly static at 22-25%.  Freedom Party though have gone from 10% last November to 20% this.  Equally troubling would be the last two polls are 16% and 23% which would suggest they don't really know the extent of their support.  However wouldn't be surprised if we may see Hobson's Choice in practice again there too. 

20 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Does a positive LFT not mean that you have COVID? 😉

The requirement for a negative LFT is meaningless.  IIRC you can just get the serial number off a LFT, go on the website and enter the details saying that you got a negative result.  You don't actually have to do the test.  

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

It's Hobson's Choice in practice really so was always going to lead to a spike in uptake.  Thought this was an interesting article on it although both the contributing doctors probably had to extract splinters from their glutes from prolonged fence sitting:

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/austria-mandatory-covid-vaccine-plan-ignore-lessons-history-1313153

My concern is the 'profit' from it is obvious but the 'loss' column less so.  One that leaps out, mirrored across much of Eastern Europe, is the rise again of the Far Right where Polling in Austria doesn't make great reading:

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/austria/

OVP have nose dived from 40% to 25% in a year whilst SPO are fairly static at 22-25%.  Freedom Party though have gone from 10% last November to 20% this.  Equally troubling would be the last two polls are 16% and 23% which would suggest they don't really know the extent of their support.  However wouldn't be surprised if we may see Hobson's Choice in practice again there too. 

Might be Hobsons choice for the government if they're risking a complete collapse of the health care system. If the choice is lose both your ams but save your daughter or keep both arms and lose your daughter...

We don't know the "loss" side of everything just continuing as notmal.

Far too many unknowns and as i always say glad it's not me having to make these decisions.

Very pleased at this decision. 

It relegates the vaccine passport to just a waste of money and a mild risk to public health.

Rather than a waste of money which does no good, while also excluding people from Scottish society (from communities we pretend we want to include). 

I honestly don't think the government had much of a choice, when I could work out 6 weeks ago it was impossible for this to be anything other than a very bad thing. 

Wish we hadn't paid those tech companies millions of pounds. But fuck it, no point throwing good money after bad.