Vaccine Passports - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vaccine Passports

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alongside reporting of the shambles that is vaccine passports, sat two other reports:

Covid: How close is Scotland to full vaccination? - BBC News

'Running could cause sudden death for people like me' - BBC News

The first one underlying to me how unnecessary a covid passport is, in the context of one of the most successful vaccination programmes in the history of mankind. "Prof Andrew Watterson, a public health researcher at the University of Stirling, says the Covid vaccination programme really stands apart when compared with similar efforts."

The passport vaccination bounce in the charts presented in the article is also truly uninspiring. No measurable benefits can, or will, be achieved through all this shambling. 

The second report illustrates the many alternative opportunities where we could be putting our effort. Every week 12 young people (aged 14-35), 600 per year, die in the UK from undiagnosed heart conditions. 89% of those deaths could be prevented if we chose to implement a screening programme. Eighty nine fucking percent. How many years is that we could give back to people? Now that's a benefits case.

But instead of spending our time and money here on things that can make a real difference and save lives, we are passionately working to find effective ways of further excluding poor people from society. For little benefit to the rest of us. 

Mhairi Black in her maiden speech said that we should aspire to be sign-posts, pointing the way to a better society. Health, education, social inclusion. Scotland is pointing in the wrong direction right now.

The prof is saying a lot of things in that article. We're beyond a short term elimination strategy and have been for a while.

Prof Watterson says Scotland needs to keep vaccinating to get on top of the pandemic.

"An incredible amount of work has gone in, but we cannot relax. We need to go further," he says.

He argues that the Scottish government should also adopt a "zero tolerance" approach to Covid, following the example of countries like New Zealand, rather than allowing case numbers to go unchecked.

"Both polio and smallpox were targeted for eradication but in Scotland, the government seems to have accepted that Covid not only cannot be eradicated, it can't be eliminated either," he says.

"It's worth reflecting that if we had accepted smallpox could not be eradicated globally, we'd be living with it still. Yet after a long roll-out and global action, it was gone in the 1970s."

I dislike how the government are using the stick to get folk vaccinated. I posted earlier how the Danish model worked along with the huge study on it. That was more succesful. The mandate can't even be given credit for that bump cause another cohort was cleared for vaccination at the same time so it may be down entirely to that.

On another note

I've been reading testimony of health care workers and they're exhausted now moving into another busy as fuck time. A lot are just about ready to walk away/at breaking point. Think it's bad when lorry drivers don't want to do the job? The same thing happening in the health service is going to be catastrophic.

Just done the vaccine passport thingy. Piece of piss - even for a techno dinosaur like me. Not sure what all the fuss is aboot?

I might have ticked the wrong "Gender" box by mistake but it shouldn't be too difficult to change that later on. 😉

A few folk might have a wee meltdown when they see the "Gender" page appear during registration. 😂 I have to say, I wasn't expecting that to be one of the questions.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Just done the vaccine passport thingy. Piece of piss - even for a techno dinosaur like me. Not sure what all the fuss is aboot?

There were definitely issues on Friday, I couldn't get my application to work. Tried again last night and it went through fine.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:07 PM, TDYER63 said:

I agree with this. I have never been impressed by him .

Agreed.  He's a rather unlikeable character. Always seems to have a chip on his shoulder about something - suing a nursery because they didn't have room for his kids smacks of bullying and a sense of both entitlement and paranoia.  It's as it he sees everything in terms of people being out to get him because of his ethnicity when maybe it's just that a lot of folk don't like him as a person.  However he's probably safe in his job as he seems to be one of Nicola Sturgeon's cabal, an HCB and GRA enthusiast.  Seem to recall he got away with a motoring offence on some rather tenuous pretext.  Competence is not the first word that comes to mind when his name is mentioned.

21 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I might have ticked the wrong "Gender" box by mistake but it shouldn't be too difficult to change that later on. 😉

A few folk might have a wee meltdown when they see the "Gender" page appear during registration. 😂 I have to say, I wasn't expecting that to be one of the questions.

They seem to be using "gender" in forms where previously they asked for "sex".  a subtle difference that is not actually so subtle.

5 hours ago, Alibi said:

Seem to recall he got away with a motoring offence on some rather tenuous pretext. 

He didn't get away with any motoring offence, he pled guilty and was fined in the same way that anyone else would be.

Still not like you to let the truth get in the way of having a go at the "cabal".

Good to see you've learned not to say the quiet part out loud though.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

He didn't get away with any motoring offence, he pled guilty and was fined in the same way that anyone else would be.

Still not like you to let the truth get in the way of having a go at the "cabal".

He's useless at his job though,don't even think that's up for debate.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:02 PM, Orraloon said:

The Thai surgeons are the best at this sort of thing, apparently

On 10/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, aaid said:

Ok, my mistake.  Was it not driving without insurance or something like that?  He seems to have turned into a bit of a car crash himself.

No idea what your patronising last line's about but if you're trying to imply some sort of ethnic motive for my dissatisfaction with Humza's ministerial performance, you're way off the mark.  I wanted him to succeed when he was appointed as a minister, & he started off well when he first came to prominence, but he seems to have been blown off course.  Maybe something to do with being drawn into the Salmond stitch-up and the apparent attempted corruption of justice. I doubt anyone with his job could have come out of that looking good.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:10 PM, Lamia said:

This.

Cormack is a f&d!

No he's not

I went to the same school as Dave he's a fa&ny

growing up in garthdee when football games involved teams of more than 12 a side invariably meant the game was played at morrison drive field. Dave's home patch. Dave was a decent player he actually played at pittodrie (school game) however in todays footballing terms Dave would have perhaps been labelled a show pony or "lightweight" ,when tackled in the way you were in the 70's Dave would usually fall to the ground in a theatrical manner whereupon several people would shout "get up you fa&ny"  or words to that effect...

not on topic but just an alternate view on Dave

3 hours ago, davierobbsagod said:

Dave would have perhaps been labelled a show pony or "lightweight" ,when tackled in the way you were in the 70's Dave would usually fall to the ground in a theatrical manner whereupon several people would shout "get up you fa&ny"  or words to that effect...

Yup, sounds like him......f%d! 🤨😆