Vaccine Passports - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vaccine Passports

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Really doesn't bother me. 

If I thought it wasnt going to turn out a shambles then it wouldn't bother me.

23 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Been showing my vaccine certification (it's linked to your Covid tracker app) in Ireland to get into pubs/restaurants for months now.

No big deal.

It is if you're not vaccinated for whatever reason. Not sure all 18 year olds in Scotland will be double vaccinated by 1st October. 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It is if you're not vaccinated for whatever reason. Not sure all 18 year olds in Scotland will be double vaccinated by 1st October. 

True. Although not all pubs are enforcing it here. Last time i was out in town 2 of the lads didn't have the cert. The pub didn't ask, so there was no problem.

It'll be the same in Scotland i'm sure.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Surely if you can’t get the vaccine for medical reasons there will be a way round it?

It is ridiculous that they have only given people 3 weeks notice though when it takes at least 8 weeks (is this still The case?) to get double jagged. 

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I understand there are exemptions for people who have been unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons.  Vaccination has been open to everyone over the age of 18 in Scotland since the end of May.  Anyone over that age who is not fully vaccinated- aside from those unable to for medical reasons - is because of their own choice, not a lack of availability.  

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Surely if you can’t get the vaccine for medical reasons there will be a way round it?

It is ridiculous that they have only given people 3 weeks notice though when it takes at least 8 weeks (is this still The case?) to get double jagged. 

People have had at least three months to be double jagged. 

29 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Been showing my vaccine certification (it's linked to your Covid tracker app) in Ireland to get into pubs/restaurants for months now.

No big deal.

A bouncer checking phones at a pub door is one thing but checking 50,000 phones in an hour or so is a bit different. It’s got farce written all over it. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

A bouncer checking phones at a pub door is one thing but checking 50,000 phones in an hour or so is a bit different. It’s got farce written all over it. 

The alternative will be even more unpalatable. 

They'll just glance at your phone.

Just send your unvaccinated pals a screenshot of your cert to flash at the ticket guy, job done 🤷‍♂️

Just now, aaid said:

People have had at least three months to be double jagged. 

The vaccine is voluntary though. I guarantee you some unvaccinated people have bought tickets for the Israel game (or any number of other club games or concerts or whatever) and now won’t be able to go. 

The Scottish government more or less said they wouldn’t be introducing vaccine passports and now they have changed their minds and given folk 3 weeks notice. 

The English have had a couple of months notice I think. 

Yeah that’s the spirit. 

Hah... completely against the spirit, i know. But also the reality.

Vaccine passports are about pushing the uptake of the vaccine up. I'm in favour, but lets be cognisant of the real point of them.

The vaccine is voluntary though. I guarantee you some unvaccinated people have bought tickets for the Israel game (or any number of other club games or concerts or whatever) and now won’t be able to go. 

The Scottish government more or less said they wouldn’t be introducing vaccine passports and now they have changed their minds and given folk 3 weeks notice. 

The English have had a couple of months notice I think. 

There’s been no notice in England, I don’t think it’s even been officially announced yet.  There has been a lot of speculation but nothing confirmed.  You can download your vaccine status onto an app for a couple of months but that’s been a totally voluntary thing and seems to only be used for travel.

Sorry but I’ve zero sympathy for anyone who was able to get the vaccine and hasn’t done so.

Just now, aaid said:

There’s been no notice in England, I don’t think it’s even been officially announced yet.  There has been a lot of speculation but nothing confirmed.  You can download your vaccine status onto an app for a couple of months but that’s been a totally voluntary thing and seems to only be used for travel.

Sorry but I’ve zero sympathy for anyone who was able to get the vaccine and hasn’t done so.

Boris has been saying for at least 2 months that the English will need a vaccine passport to get into nightclubs etc by late September. It might not have been official but they knew it was coming. 

Boris has been saying for at least 2 months that the English will need a vaccine passport to get into nightclubs etc by late September. It might not have been official but they knew it was coming. 

As if anyone pays any attention to what that cretin says. 

1 minute ago, aaid said:

The match played behind closed doors 

Well yeah that’s a fair point. The other alternative is to not require vaccine passports though. As someone has already said most folk will show a screenshot of someone else’s anyway. Or are they going to ask us for ID as well?

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

To be fair, Boris says a lot of things, and can u-turn faster than a jet-ski.

5 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Hah... completely against the spirit, i know. But also the reality.

Vaccine passports are about pushing the uptake of the vaccine up. I'm in favour, but lets be cognisant of the real point of them.

Yeah some people will get round it but some honest people will miss out.