Booked up - Moldova v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Booked up


Recommended Posts

On 9/9/2021 at 3:14 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Said I wouldn't after losing cash on Denmark but you never learn.

Glasgow-Luton-Chisnau and same on way home. 

Could be some night all going to plan.

 

Checked out the options to get to Chisinau.Take it you have booked wizzair flights.Any idea if Chisinau would be a good trip.Certainly,pretty good prices.Anybody been before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve booked up. Wizzair out the Thursday and back on the Saturday. 
 

Wizzair are cheeky, they charge you for an allocated seat, even more if you want to choose. 
 

First time I’ve booked with them. Decent price regardless. 
 

J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thesaint said:

 

Checked out the options to get to Chisinau.Take it you have booked wizzair flights.Any idea if Chisinau would be a good trip.Certainly,pretty good prices.Anybody been before.

No idea what it’s like. Looks pretty bleak, especially in November. 
 

Never been to Moldova before, so it will be another country to tick off.

In the chase for second it’s a bit of a dead rubber as results v Moldova will be chalked off due to them being bottom seed.

J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

 

Checked out the options to get to Chisinau.Take it you have booked wizzair flights.Any idea if Chisinau would be a good trip.Certainly,pretty good prices.Anybody been before.

We were there last time.

It's a fairly big city. Very similar in appearance to Bucharest IIRC.

The locals were pretty joyless, which was understandable considering the hardships of living in Moldova. Wanderer has a restaurant story, which will back that up.

My pal and I were in the first wave of TA to arrive, 3 days before the match.

I'll never forget disembarking the airport bus at the central market and having to walk through the market to reach my pals hotel. The crowds parted and as we walked through, they stared at us as if we from another world.

It took a few days for the locals to warm to us, but as more Scots arrived, they did so.

We were there for 5 nights and I remember on day 4 my pals wife commenting that she hadn't heard any locals laugh.

Of course, all of this was about 18 years ago. Much will have changed, I'm sure.

 

It was staggeringly cheap last time.

 

Polis were corrupt though. Stopping fans for passport checks and demanding payment for return of your passport.

I'd suggest keeping your passport on you, but also keeping a good few photocopies on you to hand to the Polis. Maybe just walk away if they request money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

We were there last time.

It's a fairly big city. Very similar in appearance to Bucharest IIRC.

The locals were pretty joyless, which was understandable considering the hardships of living in Moldova. Wanderer has a restaurant story, which will back that up.

My pal and I were in the first wave of TA to arrive, 3 days before the match.

I'll never forget disembarking the airport bus at the central market and having to walk through the market to reach my pals hotel. The crowds parted and as we walked through, they stared at us as if we from another world.

It took a few days for the locals to warm to us, but as more Scots arrived, they did so.

We were there for 5 nights and I remember on day 4 my pals wife commenting that she hadn't heard any locals laugh.

Of course, all of this was about 18 years ago. Much will have changed, I'm sure.

 

It was staggeringly cheap last time.

 

Polis were corrupt though. Stopping fans for passport checks and demanding payment for return of your passport.

I'd suggest keeping your passport on you, but also keeping a good few photocopies on you to hand to the Polis. Maybe just walk away if they request money.

I think most of Eastern Europe is starting to open up now, Ukraine is certainly changed beyond what it was like when since I started going in 2003, and most people agree it was night and day between the two visits to Georgia.

I suspect Moldova will be very different this time around, thought hopefully still as cheap where a round consisted of a bottle of Champaign each rather than a round of beers 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anything planning to fly to Bucharest and get the train, Moldova railways went bankrupt earlier this year, and thus the route has been scrapped, with no indication of when it will restart.

Flights between Chisinau and Bucharest seem to have shot right up over the summer (I got a flight for £45 right after the draw was made, but seems nobody is getting that price now) and alternative is a 9 hour bus journey (actually faster than the train) that gets in at 5am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

I’ve booked up. Wizzair out the Thursday and back on the Saturday. 
 

Wizzair are cheeky, they charge you for an allocated seat, even more if you want to choose. 
 

First time I’ve booked with them. Decent price regardless. 
 

J

Just read some Wizz Air reviews.

Are they that bad? 
 

Look a terrible airline. No online checkin? In this day and age, really?

J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

No online checkin? In this day and age, really?

Well, they had online check-in in December 2019 when I flew Riga-Luton.

 

I know this because I didn't own have a smartphone at the time and hadn't checked in online.

Despite me being 'the only person in the queue' at check-in and only carrying hand-luggage, they refused to check me manually unless I paid 30 Euros - Despite the fact the lassie was sat there doing f*ck all and I was the only person trying to check in at that moment.

 

F*ck Wizz.    

Edited by Rich NATA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, wanderer said:

For anything planning to fly to Bucharest and get the train, Moldova railways went bankrupt earlier this year, and thus the route has been scrapped, with no indication of when it will restart.

Flights between Chisinau and Bucharest seem to have shot right up over the summer (I got a flight for £45 right after the draw was made, but seems nobody is getting that price now) and alternative is a 9 hour bus journey (actually faster than the train) that gets in at 5am.

I seen an article just a week ago mate about a journey between Moldova and Romania and they said nothing nothing about the overnight sleeper being cancelled? We had planned to take the sleeper then fly from Bucharest direct to Edinburgh but that’s only if the train is running.

 

Where did you see it had been scrapped?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, wanderer said:

For anything planning to fly to Bucharest and get the train, Moldova railways went bankrupt earlier this year, and thus the route has been scrapped, with no indication of when it will restart.

Flights between Chisinau and Bucharest seem to have shot right up over the summer (I got a flight for £45 right after the draw was made, but seems nobody is getting that price now) and alternative is a 9 hour bus journey (actually faster than the train) that gets in at 5am.

If that is the case with the train we were going to fly to Bucharest in the Sunday morning spend the day there then fly home Sunday evening. Do you know if it’s PCR tests required from Romania to U.K. even if double vaxed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jamessm238 said:

I seen an article just a week ago mate about a journey between Moldova and Romania and they said nothing nothing about the overnight sleeper being cancelled? We had planned to take the sleeper then fly from Bucharest direct to Edinburgh but that’s only if the train is running.

 

Where did you see it had been scrapped?

Seen it on Seat61 (https://www.seat61.com/Moldova.htm) and all over TripAdvisor forums asking why train tickets can not be purchased,

"Update 2021:  Moldovan Railways went bankrupt in February 2021.  International trains between Romania & Moldova aren't running, it remains to be seen whether train service to & within Moldova resumes."

5 hours ago, Jamessm238 said:

If that is the case with the train we were going to fly to Bucharest in the Sunday morning spend the day there then fly home Sunday evening. Do you know if it’s PCR tests required from Romania to U.K. even if double vaxed?

I have contacted the UK embassy in Moldova with regards to Sunshine Appeal stuff, and asked that question.

Basically if can prove you are double vaxed, no need for isolation (even though we are on their red list) or a PCR test, but you will require a text up to 3 days before your flight back home as a UK requirement.

Entry to Moldova

At the moment, to entry Moldova you need to present documentation to prove you have received both doses of a vaccination. The second dose must have been administered at least 14 days before your date of arrival. Current rules do not specify whether electronic documents are acceptable as proof, but you are recommended to bring your test result in paper form.

Entry to Romania

The UK is on Romania’s “Red List” of countries of high epidemiological risk.

On 1 July the Romanian government announced that for individuals arriving in Romania from Great Britain only, the following exceptions from quarantine will apply:

•individuals who have completed a full course of vaccination at least ten days before arriving in Romania

•individuals confirmed positive with COVID-19 in the last 180 days prior to entry into Romania, and for whom at least 14 days have passed from the date of confirmation to the date of entry into the country

Travellers ineligible for exemption from quarantine when arriving from the UK will be required to quarantine for fourteen days.

Before you travel to England, if you have been fully vaccinated you need to:

1. Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test - to be taken in the 3 days before you travel to the UK.

2. book and pay for COVID-19 test<https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider> on or before day 2– to be taken after arrival in UK.

If you are not fully vaccinated

If you do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules, on arrival in the UK you must:

* quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days

* take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8

The additional information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england?fbclid=IwAR3NRYqM7fd9-RZ6lfriwwQHQAHh-I39pfYstbSPHOBjVhosiWXEe_NwjUo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Well, they had online check-in in December 2019 when I flew Riga-Luton.

 

I know this because I didn't own have a smartphone at the time and hadn't checked in online.

Despite me being 'the only person in the queue' at check-in and only carrying hand-luggage, they refused to check me manually unless I paid 30 Euros - Despite the fact the lassie was sat there doing f*ck all and I was the only person trying to check in at that moment.

 

F*ck Wizz.    

Yes, was reading about this wheeze.

It appears that there is an online checkin. (Which I will be doing).

Turn up at the airport and yes, they want €30!

”Shit on the floor. Fifty Euro!”

J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who is slightly confused about the travel restrictions, can someone answer a question.

- if you are flying out to Moldova from England, under the new rules, i assume we don't need any PCR testing on return even though we'll fly to Scotland after returning to london?? 

Hopefully Moldova doesn't move to the red list 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dezmondo said:

As someone who is slightly confused about the travel restrictions, can someone answer a question.

- if you are flying out to Moldova from England, under the new rules, i assume we don't need any PCR testing on return even though we'll fly to Scotland after returning to london?? 

Hopefully Moldova doesn't move to the red list 🤞

I’m 90% sure you are correct. 
 

Although I’ve just been paying attention to the English rules, for username obvious reasons.

Pretty sure Scotland will go the same way soon.

J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

FFS!

BAD NEWS FROM MOLDOVA
 CANNOT GUARANTEE FULL CAPACITY


 Unfortunately, we have sad news for you who have bought a ticket to the away match in Moldova.
 The Moldovan Football Federation has just given us a sad update.  They can 𝙞𝙠𝙠𝙚 guarantee that all Danish fans with tickets will be locked in the stadium for our match on October 9 in Moldova.


 WHAT IS NEW?
 Unfortunately, right now it seems that they are only allowed 50% of the capacity to enter the stadium - due to the corona situation in the country.  The message from Moldova is that infection rates are rising.  And it is expected that the authorities will soon close restaurants, cinemas etc.  It is therefore expected that football stadiums will also soon be affected by restrictions.
 Unfortunately, this has an impact on Danish tickets.  We usually have the right to dispose of 5% of the stadium capacity for away matches.  However, a possible reduction in the total capacity will mean that we will have to return part of the Danish tickets.
 Due to this announcement, we can not guarantee some fans a ticket to the match yet - not until there is final approval from the Moldovan Football Association.  We expect - unfortunately - first clarification on this 14 days before the match day.  It's some hay.

 HOW SHOULD I, AS A TICKET BUYER, RELATE TO IT?
 We are telling you now, so you still have the opportunity to cancel a flight / hotel - if you do not want to take the chance.  We understand that this is a backwards dilemma.  But we prioritize giving notice as soon as possible, so that all fans on an informed basis can decide for themselves.
 If you do not want to leave, you will of course get your money back for the match ticket purchased through DBU.
 Everyone who has bought a ticket for the match will receive an email from DBU with practical information about this.
 In the event of a reduction in stadium capacity - and there are still too many Danes with a ticket - the tickets will be distributed through the loyalty principle.  We subtract the loyalty list from the time the tickets were sold.
 You can read more about the loyalty program here

 WHAT ABOUT ME WHO BOUGHT PACKAGE TRAVEL?
 Those of you who have bought a ticket and the trip through our travel partners
 Spies Rejser, Travel Sense or Landsholdsrejser.dk will be notified directly about their trip.

 WHAT ABOUT SCOTLAND OUT?
 Have you also bought a ticket for the away match against Scotland?  We still believe that the trip can be completed.  We are in constant dialogue with the Scots and update if there is anything new.
 We are very sad about the situation.  We know that many of you have been looking forward to this away trip.  The team and DBU greatly appreciate the support!  - and had been looking forward to a packed Danish tribune in Moldova

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wizzair have absolutely shafted us with flight changes 

Way out now 12hrs later and arrive almost midnight on the Thursday and Sunday flight now changed to the Saturday night.

Yip, just got the change.

Thats a pisser of a time change. Basically kills of the first day / night. 
 

We are still back on the Saturday night. Clearly they are consolidating flights.

Options they give you are rebook, or get 120% Wizz Air credit. 
Erm, where’s the option for a full refund?

J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...