Keen on the Faroes away now - Page 2 - Faroe Islands v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Keen on the Faroes away now

Geeman

1 hour ago, Martin63 said:

I suspect so too. There will be few fans able to get there, unless they have gambled and booked their travel well in advance on the assumption that they will somehow get hold of a match ticketĀ 

Might be,but there is the chance that people on high points but unable to go to the Faroes will purchase a ticket with no intention of going,but just to add 2 points to their total for away games.Would be pretty shameful if anyone did that and deny somebody who actually wants to go a ticket.Can't see why when we are only getting 460 tickets it can't be a complete pick up of tickets in the Faroes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Might be,but there is the chance that people on high points but unable to go to the Faroes will purchase a ticket with no intention of going,but just to add 2 points to their total for away games.Would be pretty shameful if anyone did that and deny somebody who actually wants to go a ticket.Can't see why when we are only getting 460 tickets it can't be a complete pick up of tickets in the Faroes.

Great point - why the pick up is only for people living outside the UK I don't understand. Administratively a pick up would not be that hardĀ 

25 minutes ago, Martin63 said:

Great point - why the pick up is only for people living outside the UK I don't understand. Administratively a pick up would not be that hardĀ 

Pick up would be simple.Or at least make ticket purchasers provide proof that they have booked travel to the Faroes.Not difficult in this digital age.Or is it too much work for them.As for only people living outside the uk being able to pick up tickets,what kind of f..king sense is there in that.Sort it you tossers.

Considering emailing SSC to request that this is made a 100% pick up.Ā  Agree that in the absence of this it would be a harvesters dream.

Can't be that difficult given small number of tickets being made available.

Would consider that all intending going should contact SSC with a similar request.

Good idea.Will email them now.However,got a horrible feeling that they have intentionaly waited until the September weekend holiday to come out with this shit.They will say that because of the fact they won't be working on Monday,and that the tickets go on sale on Tuesday that it is too late to change.I just can't see what they are thinking of with this decision.If they want to alienate the support,they are certainly going about it in the right way.

20 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Good idea.Will email them now.However,got a horrible feeling that they have intentionaly waited until the September weekend holiday to come out with this shit.They will say that because of the fact they won't be working on Monday,and that the tickets go on sale on Tuesday that it is too late to change.I just can't see what they are thinking of with this decision.If they want to alienate the support,they are certainly going about it in the right way.

Should be easy enough to announce on the ticket portal that any ticket purchased would now require to be picked up in person by the member purchasing the ticket. There ain't any excuse for this not being possible other than the SSC digging their heels in and saying that they won't do this.

A precedent needs to be set to make it clear that harvesting will not be tolerated!

5 minutes ago, Old Timer said:

Should be easy enough to announce on the ticket portal that any ticket purchased would now require to be picked up in person by the member purchasing the ticket. There ain't any excuse for this not being possible other than the SSC digging their heels in and saying that they won't do this.

A precedent needs to be set to make it clear that harvesting will not be tolerated!

Agree 100%.Absolutely no reason why that couldn't be done.I just worry that they don't care enough .I am asking anybody who isn't happy about this to send them a strong email to let them know we won't accept being treated like this.The whole reason for having a supporters club is to support the fans who go to the matches.This decision could easily mean that maybe up to 100 fans or so will not be able to gain entry to support the team in the Faroes,because there will be 100 guys sitting at home watching on the telly,with a ticket for the match in their hands.When we are only getting 460 tickets,then everyone that has gone to somebody that doesn't go to the match takes on more importance than if we had 3000 tickets .

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

I'm no gaun, oh and by the way would never buy a ticket to earn points or sell it on....

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Points table has been updated to 21-Sep.Ā Ā  Moldova home game is on it, but Denmark and Austria away are not.

I thought we were allowed to travel to Austria, so assumed it would count.Ā Ā  If it did, I would drop 2 points, but have not.

Ā 

No official fans at the Denmark or Austria games.

Not sure what the state of play is regarding EU based fans.Ā 
I guess the reason these games arenā€™t on the points table would be because they are not officially attended games.

J

5 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Points table has been updated to 21-Sep.Ā Ā  Moldova home game is on it, but Denmark and Austria away are not.

I thought we were allowed to travel to Austria, so assumed it would count.Ā Ā  If it did, I would drop 2 points, but have not.

Ā 

Mine hasn't been updated.Still the same as it's been for months,and i was at the Moldova game.When did your points total get updated?

9 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Ā 

No tickets were sold by the SSC for the games in Copenhagen & Vienna, as mentioned above, there were no away fans officially in the stadium (Europe wide decree by UEFA). Myself & a couple of mates were at both games, but all of us live in mainland Europe so being able to decide fairly early as to whether travelling was a viable option.

4 hours ago, thesaint said:

Mine hasn't been updated.Still the same as it's been for months,and i was at the Moldova game.When did your points total get updated?

I'm only looking at my total, and that did not change though the page with the Match Points Total has been updated from May(?) to "As of 21 September 2021".

The home point I gained for Moldova would have been cancelled out by Costa Rica dropping off.

(You've made me go look for my points history, but can't find it on the SSC site.Ā Ā  I've kept my own record though, just in case.)

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

I'm only looking at my total, and that did not change though the page with the Match Points Total has been updated from May(?) to "As of 21 September 2021".

The home point I gained for Moldova would have been cancelled out by Costa Rica dropping off.

(You've made me go look for my points history, but can't find it on the SSC site.Ā Ā  I've kept my own record though, just in case.)

Same here. Itā€™s no change for me. Costa Rica off, Moldova on.

J

Anybody else who is travelling to the Faroes worked out what covid travel restrictions regarding travel will be in place come October.As far as i can work it out you will require to do the following

Travel from the uk to the faroes-double vaccinated proof only

Travel from the Faroes to the uk-passenger locator form and a day 2 test when back in the uk.

Anybody know anything different?

On 9/25/2021 at 2:18 PM, thesaint said:

Anybody else who is travelling to the Faroes worked out what covid travel restrictions regarding travel will be in place come October.As far as i can work it out you will require to do the following

Travel from the uk to the faroes-double vaccinated proof only

Travel from the Faroes to the uk-passenger locator form and a day 2 test when back in the uk.

Anybody know anything different?

Only a recommendation to be tested going out to Faroes and the only requirement will be a 2 day test when back.Ā  Be aware they might test you at airport on arrival (Ā£30).Ā  My wife (who is Faroese), myself and my 12 year old daughter are travelling on the scheduled flight from Edinburgh on the Monday (11th).Ā  Flights run during the summer normally twice a week to Faroes but were stopped due to COVID.Ā  They start up again on the 7th September.Ā  We come back to Edinburgh on Monday 18th as my wife has not seen family for almost 2 year.Ā 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:05 PM, Old Timer said:

Considering emailing SSC to request that this is made a 100% pick up.Ā  Agree that in the absence of this it would be a harvesters dream.

Can't be that difficult given small number of tickets being made available.

Would consider that all intending going should contact SSC with a similar request.

Agreed - it can't be too difficult

Have three spaces on the flight from Edinburgh (departing Mon 11th - returning Thurs 14th) to the Faroes. Currently donā€™t have enough points for a ticket, so may need to sell the flights.

Ā 

Any chance of getting a ticket in the home end if itā€™s not going to be a sell out?