Keen on the Faroes away now - Faroe Islands v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Keen on the Faroes away now

Geeman

Well up for this now if anyone’s got any suggestions or plans that have already been made. I know about the chartered flight from Edinburgh that’s already booked. Looking to travel fae central belt after the Israel game. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Clootie Dumpling said:

You should read this before you book anything as sport is not a worthy cause to enter the Kingdom of Denmark (covers the Faroes)

https://en.coronasmitte.dk/rules-and-regulations/entry-into-denmark/foreigners-resident-abroad#worthypurposes My redoing of this is that anyone whose double jabbed is currently fine to go without any pre testing, testing on arrival or isolation.  This part of the website I think confirms this! https://en.coronasmitte.dk/rules-and-regulations/entry-into-denmark/categorization-of-countries

26 minutes ago, FANDABBYDOZZY said:

Wonky sheep charter cancelled as the plane they had can’t do it anymore .

any suggestions how I get to the game now ? 

Atlantic Airways direct or SAS via Copenhagen. Both now very expensive

On 9/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, Martin63 said:

Atlantic Airways direct or SAS via Copenhagen. Both now very expensive

I'm booked heathrow to copenhagen and then onto the faroes.£500 plus for a flight now.Far too dear to be honest.Don't know what happened to the direct flights from Edinburgh.

14 minutes ago, jailender said:

Covid

Yep - and flights to the Faroes are scarce at the best of times. I booked Atlantic Airways from Edinburgh last week for £472. I suspect I got one of the very last flights. It's going to be interesting to see how many people travel assuming there is a ticket allocation (which I think there will be)

21 hours ago, Martin63 said:

Yep - and flights to the Faroes are scarce at the best of times. I booked Atlantic Airways from Edinburgh last week for £472. I suspect I got one of the very last flights. It's going to be interesting to see how many people travel assuming there is a ticket allocation (which I think there will be)

Think it's about time they told us what allocation we are getting.Only three weeks away now.Don't tell me they don't know by this stage what is happening.

Can anyone give a definitive answer on whether we will be allowed to travel?  From UK Foreign Office website and Danish government websites tonight I have found the following,

"Entry to Denmark - fully vaccinated.  Fully vaccinated UK residents or those previously infected with COVID-19 can enter Denmark for all purposes, without the need to test or self-isolate."

"Travel to the Faroe Islands.  All UK resident travellers to the Faroe Islands must have a worthy purpose to enter in line with the Danish government's requirements."

"When travelling to the Faroe Islands, you are entering the Kingdom of Denmark.  This means that the rules for entering Denmark also apply to the Faroe Islands."

The contradiction is clear.

8 minutes ago, Ayr Storm said:

Can anyone give a definitive answer on whether we will be allowed to travel?  From UK Foreign Office website and Danish government websites tonight I have found the following,

"Entry to Denmark - fully vaccinated.  Fully vaccinated UK residents or those previously infected with COVID-19 can enter Denmark for all purposes, without the need to test or self-isolate."

"Travel to the Faroe Islands.  All UK resident travellers to the Faroe Islands must have a worthy purpose to enter in line with the Danish government's requirements."

"When travelling to the Faroe Islands, you are entering the Kingdom of Denmark.  This means that the rules for entering Denmark also apply to the Faroe Islands."

Agreed - very contradictory. If challenged I will be saying that I am visiting friends. Not attending a football match.

Assuming we get a ticket allocation it's looking like it will be tough for people to travel and possibly even to gain entry to the Faroes 

19 hours ago, Ayr Storm said:

Have been searching everywhere trying to work it out.As you say,contradictory information ,but last night i was on the Faroes site,and as far as i can work it out,the entry regulations are now the same for Denmark and the Faroes.Double vaccinated from the uk will be allowed entry.It says on the Danish website,that the entry regulations they are quoting for travellers from the uk now apply for Denmark and the Faroes.

23 hours ago, Ayr Storm said:

Just found another site saying there are  no requirements for uk travellers to enter the Faroes.as long as they are double vaccinated of course.(KAYAK site)

4 hours ago, thesaint said:

Have been searching everywhere trying to work it out.As you say,contradictory information ,but last night i was on the Faroes site,and as far as i can work it out,the entry regulations are now the same for Denmark and the Faroes.Double vaccinated from the uk will be allowed entry.It says on the Danish website,that the entry regulations they are quoting for travellers from the uk now apply for Denmark and the Faroes.

I think it looks fairly clear from this one if your double vaccinated, if you are from the UK which is an orange country at present and is an OECD country the *** means that you can enter without any testing or isolating by proving proof of vaccination! 

ADF5C820-3DF8-47DF-A35A-91130E167316.png

B2ED5BF5-06A0-463D-8C4D-23574EFD3231.png

7 minutes ago, macwomble said:

I think it looks fairly clear from this one if your double vaccinated, if you are from the UK which is an orange country at present and is an OECD country the *** means that you can enter without any testing or isolating by proving proof of vaccination! 

ADF5C820-3DF8-47DF-A35A-91130E167316.png

B2ED5BF5-06A0-463D-8C4D-23574EFD3231.png

Yes,that's the way i read it.Where's the tickets.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That'll be enough I think.

I suspect so too. There will be few fans able to get there, unless they have gambled and booked their travel well in advance on the assumption that they will somehow get hold of a match ticket