Patterson, Fraser and McLean out - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Patterson, Fraser and McLean out

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a sad state of affairs that Stephen O’Donnell & Paul McGinn are the options at right wing back tomorrow night.

Surely now there’s no wing back at all Youd just play 4 at the back and Atleast let one of them play in a more familiar right back role 

Oh well, shit happens, just have to hope SOD pulls out a big performance tomorrow night. He's had plenty decent games in the past so I don't see too much of a problem with him starting.

We need some of the so called big stars to turn in a big performance tomorrow night. Guys like mcginn, Robertson, tierney etc

Gordon

Hendry Hanley tierney

O donnell                         robertson

Mcgregor gilmour

Mcginn

Christie  Dykes

That would probably be my team. Adams, Turnbull, nisbet would be my first choices off the bench. 

8 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Have we got enough outfield players left to fill a bench? Is SOD still in squad? Was it only Denmark he was going to miss because of covid? 

Seems idiotic to me not to call up 3 players when 3 drop out. At least Clarke could have a look at them and they would get some idea about what is involved at an international camp. 

19 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Oh well, shit happens, just have to hope SOD pulls out a big performance tomorrow night. He's had plenty decent games in the past so I don't see too much of a problem with him starting.

We need some of the so called big stars to turn in a big performance tomorrow night. Guys like mcginn, Robertson, tierney etc

Gordon

Hendry Hanley tierney

O donnell                         robertson

Mcgregor gilmour

Mcginn

Christie  Dykes

That would probably be my team. Adams, Turnbull, nisbet would be my first choices off the bench. 

That would be my team exactly 

The worrying thing is that those x3 all appeared to be fit at end of Saturday nights game.
So assumption has to be that it is covid related....

Patterson had a decent game on Saturday - but looked defensively raw and naieve at times. 
So I think correct decision might be to go with O'Donnell away from home to Austria anyways.

I think both Ralston & Rooney are entitled to be a bit disappointed by that decision. In reality though its highly unlikely that either they or MGinn would get anywhere near the pitch tomorrow night barring any more injury/covid problems. 

Under normal circumstances id be in favour of calling up players to get them involved however not for the last of 3 games where they are unlikely to do more than a very light training session.

Especially when they have almost zero chance of playing. I suspect of ODonnell got injured Clarke would shift Hendry out wide or have somebody like Christie fill in.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Under normal circumstances id be in favour of calling up players to get them involved however not for the last of 3 games where they are unlikely to do more than a very light training session.

Especially when they have almost zero chance of playing. I suspect of ODonnell got injured Clarke would shift Hendry out wide or have somebody like Christie fill in.

I think in non covid times we'd have called up more replacements but the more players you bring into the bubble, more chance there is of a positive case. Not worth a risk unless they are gonna play. Obviously need cover at RB but got plenty elsewhere that would cover for Fraser/McLean. 

McGinn i suggest is in as he's been in squads before and has worked with Clarke. Ralston or Rooney would be rookies. 

Noticed this from Clarke on the BBC site:

The head coach added that it was "almost impossible" to call up reinforcements given the schedule of three games in six days, along with Covid testing deadlines for each match.

"Paul is not the first players we've tried to call up over the course of the camp," explained Clarke.

"We've tried others but Paul is the first we've managed to get in and we're grateful for that. He had to jump through hoops for testing late last night and he's good back-up for the team.

"It's not a big story, it's just difficult with all the different Covid stipulations."

Hearing from a source very close to the squad that it is only Mc Lean who is out injured .

Patterson seemingly ' threw the toys out the pram' when told he wouldn't start tomorrow night.

Fraser deselected as he refused to warm up at some point during the Moldova game.

Bit historical but apparently Ralston was called up before Denmark game ( after others couldn't play)  but he had to withdraw because he contracted COVID.

40 minutes ago, marinello said:

Hearing from a source very close to the squad that it is only Mc Lean who is out injured .

Patterson seemingly ' threw the toys out the pram' when told he wouldn't start tomorrow night.

Fraser deselected as he refused to warm up at some point during the Moldova game.

Bit historical but apparently Ralston was called up before Denmark game ( after others couldn't play)  but he had to withdraw because he contracted COVID.

Not according to Clarke. 

SC has a long history of knowing what to say to the press. This includes keeping matters in house and certainly not throwing players under the bus .

Will be interesting to see if Patterson and Fraser feature for their clubs this weekend and moreso for the double header next month.

2 hours ago, csinclair said:

Noticed this from Clarke on the BBC site:

The head coach added that it was "almost impossible" to call up reinforcements given the schedule of three games in six days, along with Covid testing deadlines for each match.

"Paul is not the first players we've tried to call up over the course of the camp," explained Clarke.

"We've tried others but Paul is the first we've managed to get in and we're grateful for that. He had to jump through hoops for testing late last night and he's good back-up for the team.

"It's not a big story, it's just difficult with all the different Covid stipulations."

Surely they should have had players on standby & doing all the covid protocols just in case of injuries or covid drop outs, but then again the people we’ve got in charge are way out of their depth running our football.

2 hours ago, marinello said:

All of that sounds completely made up. No offence. I'm sure you're not lying, but the person that told you is probably playing Chinese whispers.

3 hours ago, marinello said:

The reason I don't believe this is because there's no logical reason for not playing Patterson tomorrow.

As far as any sane person is concerned, Patterson sealed the RB spot against Moldova. He was one of the few positives.

In saying that, if there's any truth in what you are saying, Patterson and Clarke both need to look at themselves because again it's the fans who get fucked over