Delusional Pish - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Delusional Pish

kumnio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that people are pissed off with how things are going and that they do not rate or blame the manager. Fair enough.

A time will come when Clarke will more than likely quit or get the sack and in will come the next lamb to the slaughter. We have been here before with Vogts, McLeish (2nd spell), Levein, Burley and Strachan all being slated as not being up to the job. Do people not stop to think that the trouble runs deeper than that as in we are just not good enough players-wise. Over all those eras we have had scatterings of players who could hold their own at international level playing for big clubs but we've been a total irrelevance in that time. I refuse to believe that all of those managers listed were all to blame. For me the problem is clear - we simply aren't good enough as a unit to cut the mustard at international level.

In past years we were weak in areas we are stronger now and weaker now in areas before that we were stronger. We've never really been the complete package in all of the time. Sack Clarke and the new manager has the same set of players to pick from and no doubt we'll be back where we are now in a year or two from now blaming the manager and shielding the players.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

After many games playing the same system we’re still an absolute skoosh to score against. Too many players assuming someone else will pick up the striker, they’re incapable of holding a line making a through ball easy for the opposition, short handed in midfield. This has gone on and on, yet Clarke keeps plugging away expecting the results to change. 

24 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Israel away game was worse but at least he rectified that for the home leg and 9 goals in 4. competitive games is a dream now

Aye, McLeish managed one win out of two against Israel and Clarke has failed to beat them in 4 attempts. You could argue that at least McLeish learnt something from that humping in Israel, but Clarke doesn't seem to have learnt anything. He still doesn't have a clue how to beat Israel.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, McLeish managed one win out of two against Israel and Clarke has failed to beat them in 4 attempts. You could argue that at least McLeish learnt something from that humping in Israel, but Clarke doesn't seem to have learnt anything. He still doesn't have a clue how to beat Israel.

I'll tell you something - neither do I. Unless we find a striker as good as Zahravi; he has been the main difference between the teams.

38 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Well lets just remember the one win he got was a narrow one at home to Israel courtesy of a hat-trick from Forrest - a player 90% of our own fans were adamant should not have been playing against Israel that night. Says a lot about what fans actually know about getting results. And lets remember too the disastrous results we had under McLeish (2nd spell) before lauding him too much.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well lets just remember the one win he got was a narrow one at home to Israel courtesy of a hat-trick from Forrest - a player 90% of our own fans were adamant should not have been playing against Israel that night. Says a lot about what fans actually know about getting results. And lets remember too the disastrous results we had under McLeish (2nd spell) before lauding him too much.

Aye but how many games has Forrest been invisible in, 1 or 2 games out of what is it 40+ is an awful return.

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye but how many games has Forrest been invisible in, 1 or 2 games out of what is it 40+ is an awful return.

Well since fans are holding up a win against Israel as some sort of evidence to pretend McLeish (2nd spell) was better than Clarke's then we need to look at all the circumstances. He either got lucky playing pishy Forrest (as many would call him) and the win was a fluke or was right to play him.

26 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Says a lot about the fans if they don't take into account the two wins against Albania scoring 6 without reply. As for Forrest he was a key player in the win against Albania that week so doubt if many would have dropped him 

Finally people keep bringing up the save in the 3 2 win. Anybody that was at the game knows how far better than Israel that night. 

For the record I was one of the loudest advocates of removing McLeish. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Says a lot about the fans if they don't take into account the two wins against Albania scoring 6 without reply. As for Forrest he was a key player in the win against Albania that week so doubt if many would have dropped him 

Finally people keep bringing up the save in the 3 2 win. Anybody that was at the game knows how far better than Israel that night. 

For the record I was one of the loudest advocates of removing McLeish. 

Yes and it says it all about our fans. Always has to be scapegoats and Forrest has long been one and O'Donnell is the one now but they cannot bring themselves to admit when the scapegoats have done well. The managers too always become scapegoats eventually as is happening now with Clarke.

I refuse to believe that Vogts, Levein, Burley, Strachan, McLeish (spell 2) and Clarke were all rank incompetent and useless managers. You therefore have to look deeper for the issue and that is that we just aren't good enough across the team. We may be good in some areas but are weak in others and that is our downfall and has been the case for at least two decades now.

The state of this thread🤦

I like Clarke, we'll win by 3+ tonight.

Going to Austria and winning will be tough but we can do it. A point wouldn't be the end of the world. We can still get the playoffs so let's get behind the team! 

It's the next Euros where I think this squad will really make their mark though. Whether that is under Clarke? I hope so.

Cmon Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

5 hours ago, thelonehutch said:

The state of this thread🤦

I like Clarke, we'll win by 3+ tonight.

Going to Austria and winning will be tough but we can do it. A point wouldn't be the end of the world. We can still get the playoffs so let's get behind the team! 

It's the next Euros where I think this squad will really make their mark though. Whether that is under Clarke? I hope so.

Cmon Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

We strolled it tonight didn’t we 😂😂. Clarke did a great job. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

You start the personal shite again. Away and take a flying fuck 👍

Thanks, I'll have a go at it, after all I'm a self indulgent wank 😂. Enjoy your evening 👌

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

We strolled it tonight didn’t we 😂😂. Clarke did a great job. 

Strolled to 3pts, very comfortable, we were always winning but just didn't take our chances. Patterson and Gilmour emerging as exciting talent. Young team building and progressing so I'm happy with that. 

Some folk just love a bit of misery and failure, the Scottish cringe. It's pretty sad but I'm very hopeful for the future. Actually in a decent position in the group, if we can pick up something in Vienna and beat Israel we're in good shape for a playoff.

Chillout, have a wee whisky and thank god (or whatever believe in) that you're Scottish. 😁👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

10 minutes ago, thelonehutch said:

Strolled to 3pts, very comfortable, we were always winning but just didn't take our chances. Patterson and Gilmour emerging as exciting talent. Young team building and progressing so I'm happy with that. 

Some folk just love a bit of misery and failure, the Scottish cringe. It's pretty sad but I'm very hopeful for the future. Actually in a decent position in the group, if we can pick up something in Vienna and beat Israel we're in good shape for a playoff.

Chillout, have a wee whisky and thank god (or whatever believe in) that you're Scottish. 😁👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Good post mate, we need more of this 😁