Delusional Pish - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Delusional Pish

kumnio

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58365963

How can anyone have confidence in this guy? A pivotal moment, really, you think that the 5th game out of 10 games is pivotal, how about understanding that Austria at home was pivotal, or that Israel away was pivotal, but no we got two points, and our chances were pretty much gone after 3 games. 

I was low under Levein, and McLeishs second spell was disastrous, but Clarke beats them easily, he has destroyed this squad. The sooner he fucks off the better. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

How can anyone have confidence in this guy? A pivotal moment, really, you think that the 5th game out of 10 games is pivotal, how about understanding that Austria at home was pivotal, or that Israel away was pivotal, but no we got two points, and our chances were pretty much gone after 3 games. 

I was low under Levein, and McLeishs second spell was disastrous, but Clarke beats them easily, he has destroyed this squad. The sooner he fucks off the better. 

You do realise these quotes will have been pulled from a press conference today where he has no doubt been asked something like: 'Is this a must-win match for Scotland?' And the quotes will have been his answer.

Hmmm🤔

Denmark are now seven points clear of Scotland at the summit - and five ahead of Israel and Austria - but Clarke insists he had not gone into the campaign content to settle for second behind the top seeds.

"Obviously, after the last result, it's going to be more difficult to be first," he said. "Is second still attainable? Very much so.

"We can definitely get wins in the next two games. Whether we need them or not will be determined by how the other games pan out."

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You do realise these quotes will have been pulled from a press conference today where he has no doubt been asked something like: 'Is this a must-win match for Scotland?' And the quotes will have been his answer.

Yes, yes I do know how a press conference works.

"They know they are going into a pivotal moment in the group."

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Hmmm🤔

Denmark are now seven points clear of Scotland at the summit - and five ahead of Israel and Austria - but Clarke insists he had not gone into the campaign content to settle for second behind the top seeds.

"Obviously, after the last result, it's going to be more difficult to be first," he said. "Is second still attainable? Very much so.

"We can definitely get wins in the next two games. Whether we need them or not will be determined by how the other games pan out."

The guys a fucking clown. 

He tried to play off Austria and Israel as potentially good points. His record is dismal, and we are regressing massively under him. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Yes, yes I do know how a press conference works.

"They know they are going into a pivotal moment in the group."

It's alright we're sticking with a sextuple pivot formation as the majority of the team spin round from watching the back 3 launching it to see if Ryan Fraser has managed to win a header vs someone over a foot taller.  

11 minutes ago, kumnio said:

The guys a fucking clown. 

He tried to play off Austria and Israel as potentially good points. His record is dismal, and we are regressing massively under him. 

I understand managers not wanting to put undue pressure on players, and of course  results elsewhere are important, but to be saying ‘whether we need them or not’ when we are sitting 4th in the group is absolutely crazy. I cannot see how that management style can possibly produce a team that is ruthless enough to compete at international level.  

This attacking of clarke reeks of the modern day football fans …… they feel like they’re entitled to this n that.

No doubt clarke ain’t perfect…… and no manager ever would be….. but you have to respect his knowledge of the game, he’s done far more than you 😁

it’s time to move on and support the team tomorrow rather than continually greet about a dire 1st half on wed night.

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

You have a very short memory if you are lower now than under Alex 'Kazakhstan' McLeish or Craig '4-6-0' Levein.

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

Pathetic hatchet job, lacking basic understanding 🙈

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

I’m the first person to criticise Clarke for his style of football etc but I don’t want managers making “interesting” comments in press conferences, he’s good at saying nothing important and not creating a headline or motivating opposition etc.

Some of the comments over the years from Strachan, Burley, Levein etc were embarrassing and caused a problem before the match even started.

Some of the worst managers I’ve ever seen have been brilliant in press conferences.

His record is pretty average compared to even Levein and McLeish second time around, I feel he gets a lot of the benefit of the doubt because we beat Serbia. 

Playing like this at the moment we’ve almost no chance of finishing second in the group and to be honest, based on the euro performances we’ve no right being at a World Cup anyway. 

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

His record is pretty average compared to even Levein and McLeish second time around, I feel he gets a lot of the benefit of the doubt because we beat Serbia. 

Playing like this at the moment we’ve almost no chance of finishing second in the group and to be honest, based on the euro performances we’ve no right being at a World Cup anyway. 

You could argue that in terms of results and goals scored. Both very troubling. But on the most part, our performances in the last 12 months have been vastly superior to what they were under Levein, McLeish and Burley. 

However, there is a very sound argument that Clarke has a significantly better squad than any of those 3 mentioned. I wonder how Strachan would have done with this same group of players.

11 hours ago, ger intae them said:

This attacking of clarke reeks of the modern day football fans …… they feel like they’re entitled to this n that.

No doubt clarke ain’t perfect…… and no manager ever would be….. but you have to respect his knowledge of the game, he’s done far more than you 😁

it’s time to move on and support the team tomorrow rather than continually greet about a dire 1st half on wed night.

This reeks of modern day arrogance and ignorance.

Id hazard a guess that most international managers have greater knowledge, but that doesn’t mean they don’t get criticised. In your world, must we blindly follow and clap just at the dear managers presence. 

Entitlement nonsense is just pathetic nonsense 👎

10 hours ago, slasher said:

Pathetic hatchet job, lacking basic understanding 🙈

Drivel. Clarke’s record is poor, his attitude to winning games is even worse.

To qualify for tournaments you need to get points, to do this, you need to win games. People seem to lack this basic understanding. 

33 minutes ago, kumnio said:

To qualify for tournaments you need to get points, to do this, you need to win games. People seem to lack this basic understanding. 

You definitely have valid concerns. And the timing of his new contract was a bit bizarre, but who do you think would do a better job? There are flaws, sure, but we have also built up camaraderie and made player's want to play for Scotland again. If Clarke can learn from his mistakes (Big If!) then he deserves to be here.

I'm not advocating keeping Clarke indefinitely, but we've switched up managers so frequently in the past and it has rarely worked out. Strachan being probably the only shining light since McLeish mark 1.

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Do agree about his record, but not his attitude.. You just seem to want to have ago.

No doubt questions have to be asked of Clarke, but you pure revel in it. Lower than Levein & McLeish v2……. nah, sorry but that’s just a drama queen talking.

54 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Do agree about his record, but not his attitude.. You just seem to want to have ago.

No doubt questions have to be asked of Clarke, but you pure revel in it. Lower than Levein & McLeish v2……. nah, sorry but that’s just a drama queen talking.

It’s not drama queen taking, it’s an opinion, that’s all FFS. Agree with it or not, but I am entitled to it without various posters above having a go. You’d think we had just performed like Italy the way some people are going on about this. 

Ive went home and away for twenty odd years, if I pure revelled in it, I’d be having a great time. 

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

You definitely have valid concerns. And the timing of his new contract was a bit bizarre, but who do you think would do a better job? There are flaws, sure, but we have also built up camaraderie and made player's want to play for Scotland again. If Clarke can learn from his mistakes (Big If!) then he deserves to be here.

I'm not advocating keeping Clarke indefinitely, but we've switched up managers so frequently in the past and it has rarely worked out. Strachan being probably the only shining light since McLeish mark 1.

Who could do better gets trotted out about every single club and international manager, it’s tiresome nonsense. 

Players want to play for Clarke you say, fair enough. In all honesty I don’t care, the results are terrible aren’t they? 

Israel and Slovakia in the nations league, Czech and Croatia in the Euros, Austria, Israel and Denmark in the WC qualifiers, how many opportunities does he need to learn? How many first half performance s are dreadful, then we slowly improve in the second half, but by then it’s too late? 

I like most of Clarke's squad selections and like him as a person, his attitude to the press is great, TBH e.g you can tell he hates them or can't be fúcked with them.

Yet his tactics, selection and shite he comes out with at times after a disappointing game is baffling.

He's obviously well liked with the squad - or the squad all like each other? They seem to be having fun, playing together and not too many call offs these days, but its clear he's not getting anything like the best out of these players. He makes some strange decisions, and is far too slow to change! He often doesn't make his first sub until the 60th minute!

He's surprised me before, so he's got these next two fixtures really for me. I have a horrible feeling we'll end up with 2 or 3 pts, and he'll be talking of the positives and the group still being open in October. 

It's quite odd really because after the Kazakhstan game at Hampden - I thought we were on our way to playing attractive football and turning it around - then we got the luck of Covid in the Nations League with the Czech C game etc (which we really struggled to win) and somehow ended up losing a group we were top off, where we needed 1 pt out of 6 to win it! Not going up in the Nations League probably is a good thing, as we've had just lost 4 games to a Spain, France group ; but still to choke like that is pretty horrendous really.

The only thing Clarke has done, is make us harder to get thumped by, e.g we would have lost 4 or 5 under McLeish on Wednesday.