Top 10 most expensive Scottish Players - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Top 10 most expensive Scottish Players

stocky

Was just wondering, with the £6m for Jack Hendry how far up the top 10 most expensive Scots he would be 

1- Keiren Tierney £25m

2-then the Olis McBurnie  £20m?

3 and Burke £13m

Im struggling after that,, anyone else know .. Is Jack Hendry in the top 10    eeeeekkk.

Hutton was £7m, Gordon was £9m, Robbo £7M? Hendry £6m, Ferguson £5.5, big Dunc £4m are all that come to mind 

Who Else ?

These figures are quite damning.

22 hours ago, stocky said:

Was just wondering, with the £6m for Jack Hendry how far up the top 10 most expensive Scots he would be 

1- Keiren Tierney £25m

2-then the Olis McBurnie  £20m?

3 and Burke £13m

Im struggling after that,, anyone else know .. Is Jack Hendry in the top 10    eeeeekkk.

Hutton was £7m, Gordon was £9m, Robbo £7M? Hendry £6m, Ferguson £5.5, big Dunc £4m are all that come to mind 

Who Else ?

These figures are quite damning.

Duncan Ferguson went to Rangers for £4M, to Everton for around the same, to Newcastle for about £8M and then another £5M back to Everton.

Not sure if he bothers the top 10 but Faddy was about £6.5M to Birmingham I think. And Naismith went to Norwich for about £8M.

Edited by Fairbairn

16 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Duncan Ferguson went to Rangers for £4M, to Everton for around the same, to Newcastle for about £8M and then another £5M back to Everton.

Not sure if he bothers the top 10 but Faddy was about £6.5M to Birmingham I think. And Naismith went to Norwich for about £8M.

Accumulative transfers (not accounting for inflation) are interesting to me, that could land him in top 5 for us and for the era he played that says a lot. 

57 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Accumulative transfers (not accounting for inflation) are interesting to me, that could land him in top 5 for us and for the era he played that says a lot. 

Cumulative transfer value is misleading and pretty meaningless though.

It would be hard to argue that Oliver Burke has been anything other than unimpressive since breaking through at Nottingham Forest and that any early potential he showed then has been unrealised.  Yet his cumulative transfers total £33 million.

That was £13.5 million to RB Leipzig, who got their money back when they sold him to WBA.  WBA lost £7million when the sold him to Sheffield Utd.

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Cumulative transfer value is misleading and pretty meaningless though.

It would be hard to argue that Oliver Burke has been anything other than unimpressive since breaking through at Nottingham Forest and that any early potential he showed then has been unrealised.  Yet his cumulative transfers total £33 million.

That was £13.5 million to RB Leipzig, who got their money back when they sold him to WBA.  WBA lost £7million when the sold him to Sheffield Utd.

As I said - I find it interesting, I geek out looking at data like that.  I find it interesting to see players moving, when they moved, to and fro, I am interested in the business side of football, tv rights etc

Edited by romanticscot

10 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

As I said - I find it interesting, I geek out looking at data like that.  I find it interesting to see players moving, when they moved, to and fro, I am interested in the business side of football, tv rights etc

Fair enough but I find transfer fees to be pretty much irrelevant and meaningless except for a willy waving competition as they bear very little relevance to a player’s ability and have everything to do with the state of the market, the players contractual circumstances, how desperate the selling and buying clubs are, etc., etc.