Third place - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How about naw. Celtic when healthy, will beat any team in Scotland.. We are missing Kyogo, MacGregor, Julian. We knocked out Alkmar, and are in Europe. Hart is coming into great form. We are 6 points back of an average Sevco, who will get hit with injuries. I am no fandom as you say, I believe we will win the Treble. When Celtic are on, they are unstoppable, and Ange is no mug. He has only been in charge 2 month..  Wait tae the new big Greek Striker steps on the park anaw.. My horn just blew, and it has treble written all over it !!!!! Like me or no, it dinnae bother me... Enjoy the day Morrie..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Fair enough mate - at least you believe in what you are saying and can outline the reasons why so I respect that. And just for the record I do like you. No one can be in any doubt as to your passion for your team. Cheers.

18 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Is that not what being a "fan" is all about though?

It's short for "fanatic" after all, which used to be considered close to "lunatic". The main difference being that one was mad about religion and the other howled at the moon. 

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"

That could have been written especially for folk like Big Ramy. 😂

I mean yeah, in the literal sense. I was just venting really more about the way media cover football now and because of this supporters of clubs now lurch from one extreme knee-jerk reaction to the other on a week by week basis. Ramy's post was just a convenient way for me to highlight it on here. No offense was meant to him. Thanks for the reply - at least my poist generated some discussion.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:33 AM, mr mojo risin said:

Remember Kante leaving the Champions & Champions League Football to sign for Chelsea who weren't even in Europe.

And his subsequent career would suggest that he made the right decision. 

3 hours ago, duncan II said:

So, bottom line, you’re just aching for Rangers’ achievements to be more recognised by all and universally lauded? For “not a Rangers fan” the majority of your posts seem to be in support of them! 🤭

I think the difference is that im not blinded by club loyalty. How anybody can say an average side can go undefeated in the league is beyond me. The same way the Celtic side that went the entire domestic season undefeated werent average. In fact they were one of the best sides in Scottish football history.

Its possible to be a football fan and not act like a 10 year old. 

4 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Fair enough mate - at least you believe in what you are saying and can outline the reasons why so I respect that. And just for the record I do like you. No one can be in any doubt as to your passion for your team. Cheers.

Nice one mate, cheers Morrie. I am definitely passionate, mibbee a wee bit ove the top at times for both Scotland and Celtic.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

21 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How about naw. Celtic when healthy, will beat any team in Scotland.. We are missing Kyogo, MacGregor, Julian. We knocked out Alkmar, and are in Europe. Hart is coming into great form. We are 6 points back of an average Sevco, who will get hit with injuries. I am no fandom as you say, I believe we will win the Treble. When Celtic are on, they are unstoppable, and Ange is no mug. He has only been in charge 2 month..  Wait tae the new big Greek Striker steps on the park anaw.. My horn just blew, and it has treble written all over it !!!!! Like me or no, it dinnae bother me... Enjoy the day Morrie..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Was on the same flight as me from Glasgow to London with his partner yesterday. obviously trying to get out while he can.

17 minutes ago, aaid said:

Was on the same flight as me from Glasgow to London with his partner yesterday. obviously trying to get out while he can.

Ma mate was on that same flight. Aye, heard Kyogo was on that flight. He was putting on a clinic on how to put the Baw in the back of the net.. Sir Alex and Ronaldo picked him up at the airport..

11 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ma mate was on that same flight. Aye, heard Kyogo was on that flight. He was putting on a clinic on how to put the Baw in the back of the net.. Sir Alex and Ronaldo picked him up at the airport..

He was doing his best not to be recognised.  Wearing a very dodgy burberry jumper it has to be said.

10 hours ago, aaid said:

And his subsequent career would suggest that he made the right decision. 

It would suggest you can't challenge or change the establishment, when Leicester won the League they should have bought players from Chelsea, not the other way round. Keep hearing this or that player won't sign/stay if they don't have Champions League football to look forward to when actually it's just money.

48 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

It would suggest you can't challenge or change the establishment, when Leicester won the League they should have bought players from Chelsea, not the other way round. Keep hearing this or that player won't sign/stay if they don't have Champions League football to look forward to when actually it's just money.

Since he joined Chelsea, Kante has won the English League, Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup and World Cup.  He’s also been runner up in the European Championships, three FA Cups and the League Cup.  I know you Aberdeen fans think the Super Cup is a big deal so he’s won that and been a runner up as well.  His individual honours include a clean sweep of player of the year awards in 2016/17, in both FIFA and UEFA teams of the year in 2018 and man of the match in last season’s CL final.

Leicester have won the FA Cup.

But hey, it’s all about the money. 

13 hours ago, aaid said:

Since he joined Chelsea, Kante has won the English League, Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup and World Cup.  He’s also been runner up in the European Championships, three FA Cups and the League Cup.  I know you Aberdeen fans think the Super Cup is a big deal so he’s won that and been a runner up as well.  His individual honours include a clean sweep of player of the year awards in 2016/17, in both FIFA and UEFA teams of the year in 2018 and man of the match in last season’s CL final.

Leicester have won the FA Cup.

But hey, it’s all about the money. 

You seem to be completely missing the point. I'm not going to try again.

2 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

You seem to be completely missing the point. I'm not going to try again.

Kante's career went to another level after he left Leicester and signed for Chelsea, that's undeniable and is the point here.