Third place - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Im hoping Aberdeen purely on the basis that they seem to be be the club putting the most money / effort into bridging the gap to the Old Firm.

3rd place, into the group stages of Europe and then build next summer.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, Fairbairn said:

McCann has been the best player on the pitch any time I've watched them.

Only just realised he's gone as well. Feel sorry for Saints fans, magnificent season last season, nice European adventure, raised expectations but now I just think it's going to be downhill.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

We will win the Treble this season..  watch this space...

This is what I hate about modern football/sky sports media dominated culture. Instead of maybe allowing a period of time to pass before forming an opinion fans have a knee-jerk reaction to everything then become embedded in the camp of said reaction.

After yous whupped Dundee and St Mirren 6-0 you were on here giving it the "I love Ange-ball, the man is a tactical genius on the level of Marcello Lippi cause he inverts his full-backs, Kyogo is better than a prime Romario etc" bollocks. Now you are backed into that corner and are stuck so you need to make statements like the one above.

May I ask you, if your team hadn't recorded those massive wins against vastly inferior SPFL Premiership opposition would you have been saying the exaggerated opposite of those two statements?

How about letting a period of time pass, and using proper structured analysis before you blow the opinion horn one way or another. Sorry if this feels like I am having a go at you, I'm not, you are just the most accessible example of this type of fandom on here. It's not always feast or famine, most of the time the truth is closer to the middle. 

19 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

This is what I hate about modern football/sky sports media dominated culture. Instead of maybe allowing a period of time to pass before forming an opinion fans have a knee-jerk reaction to everything then become embedded in the camp of said reaction.

After yous whupped Dundee and St Mirren 6-0 you were on here giving it the "I love Ange-ball, the man is a tactical genius on the level of Marcello Lippi cause he inverts his full-backs, Kyogo is better than a prime Romario etc" bollocks. Now you are backed into that corner and are stuck so you need to make statements like the one above.

May I ask you, if your team hadn't recorded those massive wins against vastly inferior SPFL Premiership opposition would you have been saying the exaggerated opposite of those two statements?

How about letting a period of time pass, and using proper structured analysis before you blow the opinion horn one way or another. Sorry if this feels like I am having a go at you, I'm not, you are just the most accessible example of this type of fandom on here. It's not always feast or famine, most of the time the truth is closer to the middle. 

Is that not what being a "fan" is all about though?

It's short for "fanatic" after all, which used to be considered close to "lunatic". The main difference being that one was mad about religion and the other howled at the moon. 

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"

That could have been written especially for folk like Big Ramy. 😂

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

How about naw. Celtic when healthy, will beat any team in Scotland.. We are missing Kyogo, MacGregor, Julian. We knocked out Alkmar, and are in Europe. Hart is coming into great form. We are 6 points back of an average Sevco, who will get hit with injuries. I am no fandom as you say, I believe we will win the Treble. When Celtic are on, they are unstoppable, and Ange is no mug. He has only been in charge 2 month..  Wait tae the new big Greek Striker steps on the park anaw.. My horn just blew, and it has treble written all over it !!!!! Like me or no, it dinnae bother me... Enjoy the day Morrie..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How about naw. Celtic when healthy, will beat any team in Scotland.. We are missing Kyogo, MacGregor, Julian. We knocked out Alkmar, and are in Europe. Hart is coming into great form. We are 6 points back of an average Sevco, who will get hit with injuries. I am no fandom as you say, I believe we will win the Treble. When Celtic are on, they are unstoppable, and Ange is no mug. He has only been in charge 2 month..  Wait tae the new big Greek Striker steps on the park anaw.. My horn just blew, and it has treble written all over it !!!!! Like me or no, it dinnae bother me... Enjoy the day Morrie..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It’s Jullien. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It's short for "fanatic" after all, which used to be considered close to "lunatic". The main difference being that one was mad about religion and the other howled at the moon. 

Cheeky bassa..😳😉

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think thats almost what being a "fan" has become over the past 20 years. Its akin to the problems with social media. People become so used to only speaking to like minded individuals that they totally lose the ability to have a rational discussion with opposing views.

So if you arent saying everything is amazing then somehow you dont support the team. You are a lesser supporter than the die hard blinded one.

Ramy is one of many who fit that mold on here. Im not judging, just observing. Just for example, how he can say that Rangers are average when they have just finished a league season unbeaten, havent sold any players and are currently top of the league, 6 points ahead of Celtic and having beaten them already this season whilst playing a 3rd choice GK and no recognised right back screams of being an uber supporter.

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think thats almost what being a "fan" has become over the past 20 years. Its akin to the problems with social media. People become so used to only speaking to like minded individuals that they totally lose the ability to have a rational discussion with opposing views.

So if you arent saying everything is amazing then somehow you dont support the team. You are a lesser supporter than the die hard blinded one.

Ramy is one of many who fit that mold on here. Im not judging, just observing. Just for example, how he can say that Rangers are average when they have just finished a league season unbeaten, havent sold any players and are currently top of the league, 6 points ahead of Celtic and having beaten them already this season whilst playing a 3rd choice GK and no recognised right back screams of being an uber supporter.

So, bottom line, you’re just aching for Rangers’ achievements to be more recognised by all and universally lauded? For “not a Rangers fan” the majority of your posts seem to be in support of them! 🤭