Scotland squad - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland squad

wanderer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've no idea if there is a squad size limit but I'm not sure either of those players should replace Armstrong unless he's injured. Armstrong plays at a much better level and I think the hype around gauld was....Well it's just hype otherwise why sign for vancouver?

Armstrong may not have set the world alight for Scotland but who has? He's a good squad player and I don't see gauld or Morgan as good options.

Honestly think  he signed simply for the extra 20k a week he will earn over there.

As for Morgan he appears to have done little in the 14 + games this season to earn a call up.

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So would I, but it would stop any negative comments about why he waited until just prior to our triple header to have the op.

Suspect hope was it would heal itself without the need for surgery (with his club also taking this view)

This will be interesting to see if Armstrong is replaced. A different type of player but I'd rather a new face rather than Fleck. Morgan's first season in the MLS I was behind him being called up but not right now, regardless the North American players won't see any action due to quarantine rules.

Edited by romanticscot

13 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

This will be interesting to see if Armstrong is replaced. A different type of player but I'd rather a new face rather than Fleck. Morgan's first season in the MLS I was behind him being called up but not right now, regardless the North American players won't see any action due to quarantine rules.

I would be open to giving Siriki Dembélé a call up, as he is in the first team at Peterorough United who have had a reasonable start to the Championship this season.

I do think it will end up being Fleck though.....

Some rumours I've just seen that McGinn is out of Villa game as he has covid....

Hopefully not true but not great at all to play Denmark away without him and McTominay given how strong they are in central midfield. Going to be a proper damage limitation job that one.

Perhaps he might make Austria given that's six days later.

5 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Not sure how true this is but Ralston may have tested positive and O'Donnell not allowed into Denmark due to not being vaccinated, not confirmed but on twitter

Just been confirmed on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58369233

This is going from bad to ridiculous, call ups are needed 2 days ago man!

13 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Think it’ll have to be Fraser which will be tough on us defensively. 

I'm not sure. This is going to be backs to the wall. My guess is he'll move Tierney out there. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he changes to a back 4 either. 

11 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

If that’s true then O’Donnell is a moron as well as a shite footballer. 

I'd be blaming the SFA staff rather than O'Donnell. Someone on the admin side should've been aware of the rules for entering Denmark and known last week that he wouldn't be able to travel. 

Edited by Dodger

Nobody else can now get called up for Denmark game as now passed the covid test deadline set by uefa.

Gordon

Cooper.     Hanley.   Tierney

Fraser.      Gilmour.  McGregor        Robbo

Christie

Dykes.         Adams

Clark, Kelly, McKenna, Hendry, Gallagher, Mclean, Turnbull, Ferguson.