Zander

Capital Saint

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Capital Saint said:

Some goalie by the way.

He should be called up, Marshall's status was elevated off the back of the penalty shoot out v Serbia. 

I'd like to say Gordon us finished but I'm not so sure. If hearts are doing well and he's doing well, why not?

Zander Clark should be one of the 3 called up.

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He should be called up, Marshall's status was elevated off the back of the penalty shoot out v Serbia. 

I'd like to say Gordon us finished but I'm not so sure. If hearts are doing well and he's doing well, why not?

Zander Clark should be one of the 3 called up.

This may not be a popular opinion but I wouldn’t even have Marshall as one of the three in the next squad. 

He’s not played club football in a long time & he was so poor in the last WC qualifiers, let alone the embarrassment at the Euros. 

Edited by ProudScot

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

This may not be a popular opinion but I wouldn’t even have Marshall as one of the three in the next squad. 

He’s not played club football in a long time & he was so poor in the last WC qualifiers, let alone the embarrassment at the Euros. 

I don't think anyone can argue a case for Marshall anymore. His time is done with Scotland or it should be.

Mcglaughlin, Clark and Gordon should be the 3. Its not ideal but that's the best we have 

Said for a long time that Marshall isnt good enough. He has always been a back up keeper at International level. Gordon should be 1st choice, McLaughlin 2nd if he is playing reguarly but if not then the backup should be somebody like Zander Clark.

We really need to see some more GK talent coming through soon though.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think anyone can argue a case for Marshall anymore. His time is done with Scotland or it should be.

Mcglaughlin, Clark and Gordon should be the 3. Its not ideal but that's the best we have 

I agree with that. 

I think Liam Kelly is #4 and if for example McLaughlin never gets a game then Kelly could come into the squad possibly. 

McLaughlin doesn’t get a game and should be 5th choice at best. Marshall might also not have played for a while, but he’s had a much better career of the two.

I think I’d like to see Zander given the shirt at this point. Marshall and Gordon have been great for us, but we do need to develop the next generation. If Gordon’s on form consistently for Hearts though, he’ll be hard to ignore.

4 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Rooney has told Marshall that he is 3rd choice this season 

Seems a bit harsh. Maybe he's past his peak but I don't think he's done anything to deserve being relegated to third choice - at Derby!

30 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Mcgregor is our best goalie, but given his reluctance to play, I would select Gordon.

McGregor has retired from international competion. 

Clark, Gordon, MacGillivray (in that order). If McLaughlin can't nail down the Rangers No 1 jersey then he should not be in the squad.

10 hours ago, scotlad said:

Seems a bit harsh. Maybe he's past his peak but I don't think he's done anything to deserve being relegated to third choice - at Derby!

Reading between the lines it looks like Rooney is trying to get him moved on. He is probably one of the higher earners and Derby cant register new players until they release some.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Reading between the lines it looks like Rooney is trying to get him moved on. He is probably one of the higher earners and Derby cant register new players until they release some.

You're possibly onto something there.  Derby are in a bit of a guddle financially at the moment.

19 hours ago, Arbroath1320 said:

McGregor has retired from international competion. 

Clark, Gordon, MacGillivray (in that order). If McLaughlin can't nail down the Rangers No 1 jersey then he should not be in the squad.

Im assuming you tjink Patterson should not be in the squad for the same reason?

1 hour ago, Arbroath1320 said:

If you want to talk about right-backs, start a thread about them. How difficult is that? If you post another comment, I'm not replying.

I think it was a fair comparison. Every one seems to want Patterson who doesn't get a game but no one wants Mcglaughlin or Marshall  because they don't get a start. I wouldn't have Marshall but I would have Mcglaughlin.