Help - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hi, I have a desperate long shot here. Arran ferry just cancelled. Can’t get an alternate, everything fully booked. Lost all our accommodation money. Wee man gutted as it was his only holiday this summer. Looking for a place (anywhere) where we can take him, preferably that allows a dog but can cope if not. Just a couple nights. I know folk here have holiday homes, just if anyone has any availability, nowhere else does.

Thanks in anticipation. 🥺

32 minutes ago, exile said:

Sorry to heat that. But... which Arran ferry is cancelled? What about going via Claonaig-Lochranza?

Yeah, thought about it but it’s a long drive for no guarantee to get on. I think it’s a long shot, with only a small number of cars getting on. Wife has found somewhere in Lake District to go instead. Just need to battle CalMac for money back now.

28 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Yeah, thought about it but it’s a long drive for no guarantee to get on. I think it’s a long shot, with only a small number of cars getting on. Wife has found somewhere in Lake District to go instead. Just need to battle CalMac for money back now.

Glad you got something else. I cannot see how they can possibly refuse to give you a refund but they do and you have used a credit or debit card to pay for the ferry you should be covered by the credit card protection or the charge back scheme on your debit card. 

39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Glad you got something else. I cannot see how they can possibly refuse to give you a refund but they do and you have used a credit or debit card to pay for the ferry you should be covered by the credit card protection or the charge back scheme on your debit card. 

Yeah, we’ll get the money back for ferry but accommodation is all lost I think.

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

Yeah, we’ll get the money back for ferry but accommodation is all lost I think.

Do you have an annual travel insurance policy? If so you may be able to claim on that . 

Edited by TDYER63

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

You might be committed to the lake district option, but looks like 1800 ferry is expected to run if they will take you. 

We’re told there were no spaces today or tomorrow on any ferry. All fully booked.