denmark/austria tickets - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

denmark/austria tickets

tartan davie

15 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

email in from SSC

1,000 tickets for Denmark subject to UEFA approval. 

£46 a ticket, refunded if UEFA don’t approve. 

Could still leave fans in limbo if travel hurdles remain in place. 

We could have UEFA approving but Denmark keeping the ban in place.

What happens then? Can we still get a refund?

J

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure if its just a email out in hope or its poorly worded, but implies refund is only in case of UEFA saying no fans (no mention of Austria in any way I notice) but nothing of Denmark not allowing us or if the UK reentry criteria changes.

10 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Surely the Danish FA wouldn't have offered us the tickets without the Danish Government agreeing to it (?)

Maybe it's more of a goer than other sources suggest.

Danish FA have been selling tickets for the game in Glasgow since before the Euros...... I think its just them returning the favor.

Northern Ireland FA were telling their fans only last Friday not to book Lithuania next month.

Edited by wanderer

18 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll not be wasting any more money on flights until there's some clarity. 

Flights I can get the money back (or a voucher), it’s the £46 gamble on tickets I’m not too keen on.

Anyone know when Denmark reassess their traffic lights for entry. Cases coming down across the U.K. 10 day rule scrapped for EU entrants (I know this is irrelevant) Surely it will change?!?

J

37 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Flights I can get the money back (or a voucher), it’s the £46 gamble on tickets I’m not too keen on.

Anyone know when Denmark reassess their traffic lights for entry. Cases coming down across the U.K. 10 day rule scrapped for EU entrants (I know this is irrelevant) Surely it will change?!?

J

Friday apparently.

I will probably wait until late in the day on Friday before deciding to take the gamble or not based on what Danish Government say.

I would take what we do with a pinch of salt, as its the other way that matters more (ie Austria has closed its borders for non-essential travel until the 31st of August (I suspect that is why that game is very quiet when it comes to ticket news).

30 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Friday apparently.

I will probably wait until late in the day on Friday before deciding to take the gamble or not based on what Danish Government say.

I would take what we do with a pinch of salt, as its the other way that matters more (ie Austria has closed its borders for non-essential travel until the 31st of August (I suspect that is why that game is very quiet when it comes to ticket news).

I’m on the Tuesday purchase window anyway so I’ll be waiting until then regardless. Good that there will be an announcement on Friday. That’s D Day. No movement and the trips off for me.

J

Austria just announced tickets for home fans go on sale tomorrow..... case of wait and see on that one, but with a travel ban in place until (at least) the 31st of August, not doubtful (my flights were canceled months ago and just binned this one completely) 

46 minutes ago, Old Timer said:

Got a response from uefa.

They are unable to give a date when the decision as to whether or not away fans will be allowed, as this is currently being discussed with fifa.

Looking less likely we'll be there.

Maybe they will give the go ahead.If they are discussing it,and not just saying no,then surely there's a chance.We've got to take a step forward soon,why not now.

Maybe, but even if uefa/fifa do give the go ahead there's still going to be a need for Denmark to change their entry requirements to allow us to travel.

If we purchase a ticket we would only be due a refund if uefa/fifa didn't give the go ahead. Nothing back if we can't travel.

That's my current understanding.

Edited by Old Timer

2 hours ago, Old Timer said:

Maybe, but even if uefa/fifa do give the go ahead there's still going to be a need for Denmark to change their entry requirements to allow us to travel.

If we purchase a ticket we would only be due a refund if uefa/fifa didn't give the go ahead. Nothing back if we can't travel.

That's my current understanding.

Why would the sfa accept Denmark selling us tickets,in the knowledge that we don't get our money back if we are not allowed to travel.Either sell us the tickets and refund if we are not allowed to travel,or don't bother.It's bad enough possibly losing money on flights,but to lose money on the tickets would be ridiculous.

Denmark ain't selling us tickets.

The sfa are buying them from Denmark on our behalf. It would therefor be the sfa who would require to refund us but they wouldn't get anything back from the Danish fa hence they wouldn't make any refund to members purchasing.

The above's not pretty reading but it's my understanding of where we are.

In my opinion uefa/fifa should have gotten the finger out and made a decision without waiting this length of time. At least we would know whether there was a possibility of the whole thing coming off.

Then again we're only paying customers who don't really matter.

30 minutes ago, Old Timer said:

Denmark ain't selling us tickets.

The sfa are buying them from Denmark on our behalf. It would therefor be the sfa who would require to refund us but they wouldn't get anything back from the Danish fa hence they wouldn't make any refund to members purchasing.

The above's not pretty reading but it's my understanding of where we are.

In my opinion uefa/fifa should have gotten the finger out and made a decision without waiting this length of time. At least we would know whether there was a possibility of the whole thing coming off.

Then again we're only paying customers who don't really matter.

Yes,that's kinda what i am saying.I f the sfa buy tickets,then we can't go,it should be the sfa that take the hit,not us.If they aren't giving a refund...don't bother .There is no way fans willing to travel to Denmark should lose a penny on tickets.

Wonder if they have  sold many tickets for the Denmark game.It's ridiculous that the game is only about three weeks away,yet we don't even know if we can go.Talk about being taken for granted.They seem to think fans can just make arrangements regarding time off work,flights,hotels etc at the drop of a hat.We all know we are in unusual times,but when exactly will a decision be made.Really interested to know how many have purchased a ticket.

11 minutes ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Do we know how many of the 1000 have been sold so far? 

Not heard anything,but given the circumstances and the lack of talk on the forum about peoples trips,not to mention the fact that we still don't know if we can travel...probably not very many.

32 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Not heard anything,but given the circumstances and the lack of talk on the forum about peoples trips,not to mention the fact that we still don't know if we can travel...probably not very many.

The numbers sold till now will be confined to those, like myself, that live in Germany or elsewhere in mainland Europe. I've purchased one, know of another 4 who have.

Germany currently on Denmark's green list, get my 2nd Moderna jag tomorrow so will be fully vaccinated by the time of travelling up. My registered address with the SSC is in Scotland, so if UEFA do actually allow away fans and ticket gets despatched, then the ticket wll be getting forwarded by my family at said registered address over to me.

22 minutes ago, SteveMcD said:

The numbers sold till now will be confined to those, like myself, that live in Germany or elsewhere in mainland Europe. I've purchased one, know of another 4 who have.

Germany currently on Denmark's green list, get my 2nd Moderna jag tomorrow so will be fully vaccinated by the time of travelling up. My registered address with the SSC is in Scotland, so if UEFA do actually allow away fans and ticket gets despatched, then the ticket wll be getting forwarded by my family at said registered address over to me.

Still don't see what the point would be of uefa allowing away fans,us selling tickets...but 95% of those fans would be unable to travel.Pointless excercise.The cases in the uk are dropping off pretty fast.If not now,when are things going to start moving in the right direction?

9 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Still don't see what the point would be of uefa allowing away fans,us selling tickets...but 95% of those fans would be unable to travel.Pointless excercise.The cases in the uk are dropping off pretty fast.If not now,when are things going to start moving in the right direction?

Cases in the UK have been creeping up the past 7 days. Due to the vaccination programme the likely number of people that end up in hospital will be greatly reduced, but I'm not the Danish health minister. 

No matter how i look at it,i just can't see any point in selling us tickets if in all probability Denmark have no intention of changing our status.It feels as if they are just going through the motions of saying ...well we offered you tickets.I mean the game is in 3 weeks time for f..ks sake not 3 months.Madness...just let us know one way or another.