denmark/austria tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

denmark/austria tickets

tartan davie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, tartan davie said:

anyone heard when the tickets for the games against denmak and austria go on sale if away fans get to travel to these games

See in tomorrows papers headlines,that the uk is going to allow travellers from the usa and the eu into the country in the next week or so,if they have been double vaccinated.Surely,it must work both ways,and we should be allowed into the eu if we are double vaccinated.

At the moment no, as we are on the red list for both Denmark and Austria.

SSC did send a email out last week with a link to a poll to judge interest, but until a point where fans are allowed to travel (at the moment we are only allowed into Denmark if we have a valid reason, and football is not one) its looking extremely unlikely.

12 hours ago, thesaint said:

See in tomorrows papers headlines,that the uk is going to allow travellers from the usa and the eu into the country in the next week or so,if they have been double vaccinated.Surely,it must work both ways,and we should be allowed into the eu if we are double vaccinated.

Other countries can what they want.  Just as we could choose to do if there was a specific EU country which was 10x worse than anywhere else. 

13 hours ago, thesaint said:

Slight problem we are not an EU country anymore so we are third country , Wales and England sufferered with that on euro travels 

2 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Slight problem we are not an EU country anymore so we are third country , Wales and England sufferered with that on euro travels 

What's the difference between eu travellers who are double vaccinated going the uk and then go back to the eu,and uk travellers who are double vaccinated going to the eu and then back to the uk?Are they saying their travellers to the uk are safe to travel around the uk and come back to the eu because they are double vaccinated,but people from the uk who are double vaccinated are somehow more of a risk.Surely,the whole point is both those from the uk and those from the eu are double vaccinated.Covid doesn't distinguish between the uk or the eu,only between those who are double vaccinated or aren't.

27 minutes ago, thesaint said:

What's the difference between eu travellers who are double vaccinated going the uk and then go back to the eu,and uk travellers who are double vaccinated going to the eu and then back to the uk?Are they saying their travellers to the uk are safe to travel around the uk and come back to the eu because they are double vaccinated,but people from the uk who are double vaccinated are somehow more of a risk.Surely,the whole point is both those from the uk and those from the eu are double vaccinated.Covid doesn't distinguish between the uk or the eu,only between those who are double vaccinated or aren't.

It’s not a reciprocal agreement. 

If someone (double-vaccinated) from say Denmark chooses to come to the UK, they are would still have to isolate on their return to their homeland - as Denmark classes UK as a red list country. The double vaccination doesn’t come into it and Denmark, the EU and any other country and have whatever rules they see fit.  Just because the UK relaxes rules for inbound, double-vaccinated travellers doesn’t mean that we can enforce or expect the same for outbound to another destination. 

The latest example is today’s announcement about the US. The headline is that US travellers are permitted into the UK with a double vaccine. Problem being that travellers from the UK->US are still on red list. 

I haven't booked any flights for the September matches, yet.

I had decided to wait for clarity and was hopeful we would all be in a better place by now.

I haven't given up on Denmark and Austria, but I'm very close to doing so.

Not sure how much longer I can give it before I give in and just book a SOU-GLA flight for the home match only.

Having missed the previous matches in Graz and Vienna, I'm particularly miffed at the prospect of missing Austria......... Again!

Edited by Rich NATA

12 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I had decided to wait for clarity and was hopeful we would all be in a better place by now.

Not sure how much longer I can give it before I give in and just book a SOU-GLA flight for the home match only.

Having missed the previous matches in Graz and Vienna, I'm particularly miffed at the prospect of missing Austria......... Again!

Scotland and UK cases have fallen by around 1/3 in the last week based on 7 day average.  

Scotland under 5% positivity rate as well today for first time in ages. 

If that keeps up then we should be in a much better place. 

33 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Ryanair cancelled mine and made my decision for me for Copenhagen!

Just gonna do Moldova i think. 

20 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

It’s not a reciprocal agreement. 

If someone (double-vaccinated) from say Denmark chooses to come to the UK, they are would still have to isolate on their return to their homeland - as Denmark classes UK as a red list country. The double vaccination doesn’t come into it and Denmark, the EU and any other country and have whatever rules they see fit.  Just because the UK relaxes rules for inbound, double-vaccinated travellers doesn’t mean that we can enforce or expect the same for outbound to another destination. 

The latest example is today’s announcement about the US. The headline is that US travellers are permitted into the UK with a double vaccine. Problem being that travellers from the UK->US are still on red list. 

It seems a bit odd that the tourist industry is jumping up and down celebrating the fact tourists can come to the uk.Surely if they have to self isolate for ten days when they go home,then the amount of people doing that will be pretty small.

I had a look at the UK Gov travel advice, which also clarifies - and has links to - how the UK is viewed by other countries.

Denmark and Austria just isn't going to happen, is it? Or am I jumping the gun?

I'm a whisker away from pulling the plug on Copenhagen and Vienna and then just booking SOU-GLA flights.

It’s anybody’s guess really. Numbers are heading in the right direction but the reduction tends to slow as the numbers reduce. Then we’ve got the backdrop of relaxation of restrictions which has a knock on impact.  

Even if we progressed off of the red list, I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that the complexity of rules and PCR testing requirements just aren’t worth the hassle for going abroad just now. 

53 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I had a look at the UK Gov travel advice, which also clarifies - and has links to - how the UK is viewed by other countries.

Denmark and Austria just isn't going to happen, is it? Or am I jumping the gun?

I'm a whisker away from pulling the plug on Copenhagen and Vienna and then just booking SOU-GLA flights.

I'm in the same position.I had booked a Thomas Cook break in Copenhagen.Now the email comes in saying easy jet have cancelled the flights.However,there are Ryan Air flights that could be booked to replace the easy jet flights,but if they get cancelled thomas cook only refund the hotel.It's just getting too difficult and expensive.Really thought we would be ok for Denmark and Austria when i booked it 6 or 7 months ago.Can't believe the vaccination rate we have achieved means nothing.Got a really horrible feeling that if the games in Denmark or Austria were 4 or 5 weeks down the line that we might have been able to go.Still can't believe that sports options have cancelled the trip to the Faroes in October.It's like a never ending f''king story.

Apparently the UK will remain on Austria's Red List until the 31st of August, so looks like that one is 90% dead in the water.

Denmark, we were kept on the red list for another two weeks at the weekend when they announced their latest restrictions.

Denmark MIGHT still happen, but factor everyone is over looking is UEFA have not actually given the go ahead for away fans just now.

Northern Ireland FA were pleading with their fans last week not to book Lithuania away, as they have had no confirmation from either the Lithuanian FA or UEFA that away fans are allowed at games for the near future.

Trully horrendous,it really is.We just don't seem to be getting any real benefit out of the vaccination roll out .Still think that Sports Options were far to quick off the mark in cancelling the trip to the Faroe Islands.Nearly ten weeks away.I know they are scared of losing money,but think they could have waited a while longer.Are Wonky sheep still running a trip or   have they cancelled as well?

8 hours ago, wanderer said:

Apparently the UK will remain on Austria's Red List until the 31st of August, so looks like that one is 90% dead in the water.

Denmark, we were kept on the red list for another two weeks at the weekend when they announced their latest restrictions.

Denmark MIGHT still happen, but factor everyone is over looking is UEFA have not actually given the go ahead for away fans just now.

Northern Ireland FA were pleading with their fans last week not to book Lithuania away, as they have had no confirmation from either the Lithuanian FA or UEFA that away fans are allowed at games for the near future.

TBH I’m still up for going (to Copenhagen). Just to get away TBH.

Its the testing that’s a ball ache.

J

48 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

TBH I’m still up for going (to Copenhagen). Just to get away TBH.

Its the testing that’s a ball ache.

J

Will you not have to self isolate in Copenhagen on arrival,even if they let you in.Unbelievably we are still on their red list.

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Will you not have to self isolate in Copenhagen on arrival,even if they let you in.Unbelievably we are still on their red list.

Double jagged so would be exempt. (If it weren’t for the fact that we are on their red list).

J

9 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Double jagged so would be exempt. (If it weren’t for the fact that we are on their red list).

J

Exempt? I'd double-check that.

This afternoon the situation was...

Entry to Denmark - fully vaccinated

Fully vaccinated UK residents can enter Denmark for all purposes, but you must follow the testing and self-isolation requirements outlined below. Two weeks must have passed since your second dose and the vaccine must be one approved by the European Medicines Agency.

This also applies to Danish citizens, UK Nationals, or other persons resident in Denmark.

Testing and self-isolation requirements if travelling from a red area airport/port

You must have:

• A worthy purpose or be fully vaccinated
  • A negative PCR test 72 hours prior to entry
  • A test on arrival
  • To self-isolate on arrival for 10 days (with the option to test to release after four days)

5 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Exempt? I'd double-check that.

This afternoon the situation was...

Entry to Denmark - fully vaccinated

Fully vaccinated UK residents can enter Denmark for all purposes, but you must follow the testing and self-isolation requirements outlined below. Two weeks must have passed since your second dose and the vaccine must be one approved by the European Medicines Agency.

This also applies to Danish citizens, UK Nationals, or other persons resident in Denmark.

Testing and self-isolation requirements if travelling from a red area airport/port

You must have:

• A worthy purpose or be fully vaccinated
  • A negative PCR test 72 hours prior to entry
  • A test on arrival
  • To self-isolate on arrival for 10 days (with the option to test to release after four days)

Yes, correct this is now. If the U.K. mives off Denmark’s Red list and into Amber or Green then double jagged will mean you are good. (Plus we wouldn’t need a “worthwhile” reason to enter Denmark.

Its all moot unless something changes in the next couple of weeks.

J