League cup thread - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup thread

30 minutes ago, slasher said:

Irrelevant. Covid protocols fannybaws. Hearts & Rangers did similar with away fans I believe. The logistics of doing otherwise were ridiculous. 

If you want to bang the drum for Hibs fans batter in, I won't be partaking. Someone in the SPFL obviously remembers when they were given their 50/50 split and cost the organisation circa £350,000 in lost gate receipts. In this difficult financial climate they are within their rights to take a pragmatic decision. If it upsets a few Proclaimers tough. I couldn't give a fuck personally, I'd be there regardless 👍

Covid protocols prevented 30,000 season ticket holders attending a match in September?

You sure about that?

If Celtic want an allocation of over 50% of a stadium for a final, they should be showing that they can take that to the home games before that, but they didn’t, so you’re talking utter pish, as per usual for most when it comes to Celtic on here. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Covid protocols prevented 30,000 season ticket holders attending a match in September?

You sure about that?

If Celtic want an allocation of over 50% of a stadium for a final, they should be showing that they can take that to the home games before that, but they didn’t, so you’re talking utter pish, as per usual for most when it comes to Celtic on here. 

You're having a fuckin mare here Dd. It's nothing to do with what Celtic want. It's a business decision by the governing body pure and simple. 

1 minute ago, slasher said:

You're having a fuckin mare here Dd. It's nothing to do with what Celtic want. It's a business decision by the governing body pure and simple. 

I’m not really, we all know the goon brigade and the board would be up in arms if it was a 50/50 split. 

Interesting how you go on about Hibs not selling half for a semi, but completely ignore Celtic not shifting half for a 1/4 final, at home. 

That should be taken into account, but it won’t as, it benefits an ugly sister. 

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’m not really, we all know the goon brigade and the board would be up in arms if it was a 50/50 split. 

Interesting how you go on about Hibs not selling half for a semi, but completely ignore Celtic not shifting half for a 1/4 final, at home. 

That should be taken into account, but it won’t as, it benefits an ugly sister. 

I've already said I don't give a fuck about the 50/50 split. I'm merely eulogising the likely reasoning of the decision makers. Your tragic patter about the GB/board being up in arms is a further irrelevance. 

2 minutes ago, Redz said:

Celtic and their support can dress this up as they like, but it's just wrong. 

On a par with 'wanting' a strong league and real challenge, when they absolutely do not.

We don't need to dress anything up. It's fuck all to do with us. 😂

2 minutes ago, Redz said:

Is it right and proper?

Its not in the spirit of a cup final agreed.

If you're asking do I have sympathy for a few Hibby cunts being denied the chance to take their girlfriends for a day out at the fitba over guys who go every week, then no I dont. None whatsoever. 

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yeah they don't want to hear the reasons for it though. 

There's no reason(s) that prevent the possibility of a 50 / 50 split

Like a few have said, start by giving both clubs the opportunity to sell 50% by a certain date. If they don't, they go to the other side. That's right and proper

The size of support / average crowd is an irrelevance in this situation

31 minutes ago, Redz said:

There's no reason(s) that prevent the possibility of a 50 / 50 split

Like a few have said, start by giving both clubs the opportunity to sell 50% by a certain date. If they don't, they go to the other side. That's right and proper

The size of support / average crowd is an irrelevance in this situation

To do what you suggest the tickets need to be sold a certain way, section by section. Hibs did not comply with this in 2017 and someone in the SPFL hasn't forgotten. I wish you lot would avail yourselves of the facts instead of fostering a diddy club grievance culture. 

Aberdeen & Hearts have both had 50% allocations recently and Motherwell have twice managed a lesser allocation perfectly. You need to look a bit deeper here instead of jumping on the usual '2 cheeks, duopoly' pish 🙄

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I've already said I don't give a fuck about the 50/50 split. I'm merely eulogising the likely reasoning of the decision makers. Your tragic patter about the GB/board being up in arms is a further irrelevance. 

So if they turned around and said, we’ll you only had 30k at a home game, a 50/50 split would just be accepted?

8 hours ago, slasher said:

To do what you suggest the tickets need to be sold a certain way, section by section. Hibs did not comply with this in 2017 and someone in the SPFL hasn't forgotten. I wish you lot would avail yourselves of the facts instead of fostering a diddy club grievance culture. 

Aberdeen & Hearts have both had 50% allocations recently and Motherwell have twice managed a lesser allocation perfectly. You need to look a bit deeper here instead of jumping on the usual '2 cheeks, duopoly' pish 🙄

In which case they are 'punished' by removing their ability to sell sections until previous sections are sold then - Not by handing the other team an unfair sporting advantage

There's actually an undertone in your text that suggests you think it correct they should receive less tickets than Celtic, regardless of denying it previously (Your parting comment backs this up)

In short it's wrong - Size of support or what's went before has nothing to do with having the same amount of fans in Hampden as Celtic (Or Rangers) on cup final day

1 hour ago, Redz said:

In which case they are 'punished' by removing their ability to sell sections until previous sections are sold then - Not by handing the other team an unfair sporting advantage

There's actually an undertone in your text that suggests you think it correct they should receive less tickets than Celtic, regardless of denying it previously (Your parting comment backs this up)

In short it's wrong - Size of support or what's went before has nothing to do with having the same amount of fans in Hampden as Celtic (Or Rangers) on cup final day

I've now explained to you in some detail how I think the decision has been arrived at. I've also explained that I don't give a shite. Take your diddy club grievance mentality somewhere else 🙄

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

I've now explained to you in some detail how I think the decision has been arrived at. I've also explained that I don't give a shite. Take your diddy club grievance mentality somewhere else 🙄

Some of your comments  remind me of a famous french saying “let the peasants eat cake” hope the outcomes the same 👍

16 hours ago, slasher said:

Most likely a business decision by the SPFL in the same way Kilmarnock & St Johnstone give away 3/4 of their stadia to the Glasgow clubs. Last time we played they Hibby cunts at Hampden there were 10,000 empty seats, so fuck them 😂

Given the last time you and your pals from.Govan were at RP, neither of you got even 25% of capacity then thats utter nonsense.

Celtic went years without even filling one stand at RP untll Rodgers arrived too.

Only once in 30 odd years have Celtic got 3 stands and it was a dead rubber for us, day you won the league and we voted to move seats as long as you got charged 30 quid. That was 2012.

Season Covid hit you got one stand behind the goals. Can stlll hear the salty tears from Jeanette Findlays tears hitting the radio mic moaning about it.

14 hours ago, slasher said:

Irrelevant. Covid protocols fannybaws. Hearts & Rangers did similar with away fans I believe. The logistics of doing otherwise were ridiculous. 

If you want to bang the drum for Hibs fans batter in, I won't be partaking. Someone in the SPFL obviously remembers when they were given their 50/50 split and cost the organisation circa £350,000 in lost gate receipts. In this difficult financial climate they are within their rights to take a pragmatic decision. If it upsets a few Proclaimers tough. I couldn't give a fuck personally, I'd be there regardless 👍

Covid protocols meaning 30,000+ of your fans couldnt be arsed going? 

Grievance junky bingo complete. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Given the last time you and your pals from.Govan were at RP, neither of you got even 25% of capacity then thats utter nonsense.

Celtic went years without even filling one stand at RP untll Rodgers arrived too.

Only once in 30 odd years have Celtic got 3 stands and it was a dead rubber for us, day you won the league and we voted to move seats as long as you got charged 30 quid. That was 2012.

Season Covid hit you got one stand behind the goals. Can stlll hear the salty tears from Jeanette Findlays tears hitting the radio mic moaning about it.

Business decisions one and all just like your plastic pitch abomination. You don't want us there but your chairmen want our money. 

Covid protocols meaning 30,000+ of your fans couldnt be arsed going? 

As I recall the stay aways were unhappy with the board charging for a game they felt should have been on the season book, but I suspect you knew that. 

Why do celtic and Rangers get same ends at Hamoden regardless of who they are playing? Business decision? Gies peace.

This, I don't care a jot about. Its a 'tradition' that's evolved over the years. It can't be that important to the other clubs as they've done nothing about it. I will say this though, I didn't hear any moans about it when the east end of the ground was undeveloped. A dust bowl in the summer and a toilet in the pishing rain. It was like that for years. 

4 hours ago, slasher said:

I've now explained to you in some detail how I think the decision has been arrived at.

I've also explained that I don't give a shite.

Take your diddy club grievance mentality somewhere else 🙄

- Not once did I ask you to explain anything

- You do though, your tone confirms this

- There's no diddy club grievance mentality 

I do however have an interest in fair play, and there's nothing in your opinions that, IMO, are grounds for not having a 50 / 50 split

I can see we're not going to agree on that specific point however - I'm fine with that 

Edited by Redz
Spelling

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Never saw the match but been told hibs were denied a stonewaller at the end?

Anyone confirm? 

How was the game?

Didn’t see it but my mate who supports Celtic said it was def a pen. He also said Celtic should have had one in the first half mind you.