League cup thread - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs only allocated 17,500 tickets for the final. I thought Scottish football had moved on from uneven final allocations years ago (albeit occasionally starting with at least the potential for a 50/50 split and that changing if sales don't look to be heading that way)?

21 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Hibs only allocated 17,500 tickets for the final. I thought Scottish football had moved on from uneven final allocations years ago (albeit occasionally starting with at least the potential for a 50/50 split and that changing if sales don't look to be heading that way)?

Just another one of the in-built advantages the OF enjoy over all the rest of us. Along with their own end & dressing room at Hampden and fans of their club regularly refereeing their games. 

46 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Absolute farce. 

Even a 50/50 split wouldn't be neutral venue, as Celtic would still get the east of the stadium (despite Hibs actually coming from the East)

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Noticed the 'allocation' last night

Time for a club not to take up their allocation if its not 50/50, or at least has the chance to be

I'd support that should Aberdeen ever reach a final again

Could a club refuse to participate if the allocation wasnt 50/50.  That would be a strong stance to take. The SFA wouldnt want the embaressment of not having a final so would at least bring them to the table and is low risk for a club as theres no european qualification anyway.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Absolute farce. 

Even a 50/50 split wouldn't be neutral venue, as Celtic would still get the east of the stadium (despite Hibs actually coming from the East)

A farce indeed,

When St Mirren played Rangers in the league cup final in 2010, despite Paisley being to the West of Hampden all the Saints coaches were made to drive all the way thru Glasgow, go South onto the M74 and approach from the East.

What should have been a 30 minute coach journey due to volume of traffic turned into close to 2 hours with many Saints fans missing the kick off.

All so they get their traditional end, absolute fkn joke. 

edited to say as we lost to 9 men, so missing the whole match would have been a blessing. 

Edited by Jersey Jim

5 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Could a club refuse to participate if the allocation wasnt 50/50.  That would be a strong stance to take. The SFA wouldnt want the embaressment of not having a final so would at least bring them to the table and is low risk for a club as theres no european qualification anyway.

I suspect there are legal obligations to playing the match.

Having 'their own end' could (mostly) be batted off as 'police advice' I suppose.

Not sure how the dressing room thing works, however as much as it would be annoying if so, it's not as unfair an advantage as not having a 50 / 50 split.

Hibs could canvass their fans before agreeing to take any tickets - If that was to turn into 'tell them to ram their 17,500 allocation,' I think that would be enough heat to make them think again.

If they did not they are openly favouring one of 2 teams in a final and sporting integrity goes out the window. It's that simple....

Edited by Redz
Spelling

Maybe fair enough for 'them' to have their own ends when playing one another on the neutral ground of Hampden, (I assume this is how this began) but for it to continue when facing other opposition is ridiculous. As other posters have said - St Mirren had to use the East End of Hampden despite it making more sense for them to be given sections in the West of the stadium. All that achieved was unnecessary traffic congestion in the area that day. Likewise now I presume Hibs will be allocated west despite initially approaching from the east. Madness.

5 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

But there is European qualification with the Scottish cup & the same unethical ticket allocation could happen for its final if only one of the ugly sisters get there. Up to the other clubs to beat them in the early rounds or man up & fight for an equal ticket share if the same scenario happens.

10 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

But there is European qualification with the Scottish cup & the same unethical ticket allocation could happen for its final if only one of the ugly sisters get there. Up to the other clubs to beat them in the early rounds or man up & fight for an equal ticket share if the same scenario happens.

Thats why I think its more sensible to make a stand in the league cup.

If Hibs refused their allocation all the SFA would do is give it to Celtic so they wouldnt care.

Even threatening to not play the tie would get tbe SFA talking. If a club played it smart, leaked things to the press like they wont turn up out of protest etc then the SFA couldnt do anything in advance ans the fear of how it would impact on sponsors, TV etc would be enough to get their attention.

It should really be quite simple. Offer both teams 50% and sell it in stages, moving around the stadium. Have dates for the tickets to be sold by or else no more tickets go to that team and the rest get offered to the other team.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Maybe fair enough for 'them' to have their own ends when playing one another on the neutral ground of Hampden, (I assume this is how this began) but for it to continue when facing other opposition is ridiculous. As other posters have said - St Mirren had to use the East End of Hampden despite it making more sense for them to be given sections in the West of the stadium. All that achieved was unnecessary traffic congestion in the area that day. Likewise now I presume Hibs will be allocated west despite initially approaching from the east. Madness.

Yep,

The final I mentioned, Paisley to Hampden is 10 miles, police made the Saints coaches go all the way along the M8 past Easterhouse, South onto the M73, cut off after a few miles then head back Westerly towards Hampden, making the journey around 30 miles. 
Scandalous  

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Thats why I think its more sensible to make a stand in the league cup.

If Hibs refused their allocation all the SFA would do is give it to Celtic so they wouldnt care.

Even threatening to not play the tie would get tbe SFA talking. If a club played it smart, leaked things to the press like they wont turn up out of protest etc then the SFA couldnt do anything in advance ans the fear of how it would impact on sponsors, TV etc would be enough to get their attention.

It should really be quite simple. Offer both teams 50% and sell it in stages, moving around the stadium. Have dates for the tickets to be sold by or else no more tickets go to that team and the rest get offered to the other team.

That would be the fare & sensible way to divi the tickets out, it's been done that way recently. If Hibs threatened to boycott the game the beaks would get their revenge by making Wullie Collum the ref so advantage Celtic again.

It would be amazing to play a football match against Celtic or Rangers with complete fairness & impartiality, what a dreamer I am. 😵

9 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

That would be the fare & sensible way to divi the tickets out, it's been done that way recently. If Hibs threatened to boycott the game the beaks would get their revenge by making Wullie Collum the ref so advantage Celtic again.

It would be amazing to play a football match against Celtic or Rangers with complete fairness & impartiality, what a dreamer I am. 😵

Wont happen until the other teams start to stand up for themselves. Even the other 10 prem sides getting together and saying they wouldnt field sides in any round unless the final ticketing arrangements were changed would work. 

But wont happen as the non old firm teams cant get onto the same page.

11 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I may have missed it, but have the SPFL given a reason for the Celtic bias ticketing arrangement?

Most likely a business decision by the SPFL in the same way Kilmarnock & St Johnstone give away 3/4 of their stadia to the Glasgow clubs. Last time we played they Hibby cunts at Hampden there were 10,000 empty seats, so fuck them 😂

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

Most likely a business decision by the SPFL in the same way Kilmarnock & St Johnstone give away 3/4 of their stadia to the Glasgow clubs. Last time we played they Hibby cunts at Hampden there were 10,000 empty seats, so fuck them 😂

🤣 👍

If SPFL would issue statements like that, the game in this country would be much more interesting. 🤣

46 minutes ago, slasher said:

Kilmarnock do not do this.

They actually halved the amount of seats the ugly sisters get , now only 1 stand only.

Its irrelevent this year of course, however it has been that way for the previous 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I may have missed it, but have the SPFL given a reason for the Celtic bias ticketing arrangement?

Because Scottish football is about two teams and two teams only. Hibs are actually being arseholes by beating rangers and qualifying for a final, who the fuck do they think that are. 

51 minutes ago, slasher said:

1/4 final, there was about 30,000 empty seats at parkhead and they refused to give Raith tickets. 

What’s your point exactly?

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

1/4 final, there was about 30,000 empty seats at parkhead and they refused to give Raith tickets. 

What’s your point exactly?

Irrelevant. Covid protocols fannybaws. Hearts & Rangers did similar with away fans I believe. The logistics of doing otherwise were ridiculous. 

If you want to bang the drum for Hibs fans batter in, I won't be partaking. Someone in the SPFL obviously remembers when they were given their 50/50 split and cost the organisation circa £350,000 in lost gate receipts. In this difficult financial climate they are within their rights to take a pragmatic decision. If it upsets a few Proclaimers tough. I couldn't give a fuck personally, I'd be there regardless 👍