Tokyo 2020(1) - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tokyo 2020(1)

Toepoke

Watched a bit this morning in the modern pentathlon.  Kate French won gold for Britain. In the showjumping round you get allocated a horse some good some shit. Anyway the leader some German girl was in tears by the time she steared her horse onto the course and for good reason.  This fucker wasn't playing ball for anyone and lots of refusals piss takes and tears later she went from leading by miles to being eliminated. My only thought is after five years of training is how must she now hate that horse #mylittlepony.

19 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Nobody mentioned Josh Kerr, terrific fun to get bronze in 1500m, faster than Cram, Coe, Ovett. Only Farah has gone faster, really unlucky not to have got silver, another 5 metres and it would have been his.

Just came on to see if it had been mentioned. Sensational run from him.

Scots on the podium in the men's and women's 1500m, absolutely brilliant :ok:

On 8/6/2021 at 9:16 PM, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Watched a bit this morning in the modern pentathlon.  Kate French won gold for Britain. In the showjumping round you get allocated a horse some good some shit. Anyway the leader some German girl was in tears by the time she steared her horse onto the course and for good reason.  This fucker wasn't playing ball for anyone and lots of refusals piss takes and tears later she went from leading by miles to being eliminated. My only thought is after five years of training is how must she now hate that horse #mylittlepony.

The follow up story is her coach was thrown out the Olympics for doing a Mongo on the horse...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/aug/07/german-modern-pentathlon-kim-raisner-coach-thrown-out-of-tokyo-olympics-for-punching-horse-annika-schleu

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Just came on to see if it had been mentioned. Sensational run from him.

Scots on the podium in the men's and women's 1500m, absolutely brilliant :ok:

I'm struggling to remember the last time a Scot didn't win a medal in the Olympic 1500m!