Scotland v Moldova - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Moldova

wanderer

19 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Well we can no longer say that Clarke is too conservative. The number of people who were convinced SOD would start...but must say a bit surprised that Nisbet gets the nod over Adams.

There’s a big game on Tuesday too. He’s picked the personnel he thinks can win us this game, whilst preserving some legs for Austria too.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tartan blood said:

Must be one of the fastest to 50! 

No Celtic player's in the starting 11 either. That can't happen too often!

Yeah I can't believe he's got there already. So fast. Well deserved and hopefully another 50.

Wow ! Can't remember last time that happened with no Celtic players !

8 minutes ago, fringo said:

Yeah I can't believe he's got there already. So fast. Well deserved and hopefully another 50.

Wow ! Can't remember last time that happened with no Celtic players !

Other than going through all the lineups systematically through the years (which I can't be arsed doing) I don't think there is any quick way to check. Maybe it happened in a friendly, but you'd think at least 1 of McGregor, Forrest, Christie, Griffiths, Armstrong, Tierney, Hendry, Gordon, Taylor, or Brown (whilst at Celtic) would be in any first 11 going all the way back to when Strachan was manager, and possibly beyond.

8 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Other than going through all the lineups systematically through the years (which I can't be arsed doing) I don't think there is any quick way to check. Maybe it happened in a friendly, but you'd think at least 1 of McGregor, Forrest, Christie, Griffiths, Armstrong, Tierney, Hendry, Gordon, Taylor, or Brown (whilst at Celtic) would be in any first 11 going all the way back to when Strachan was manager, and possibly beyond.

Apparently I am sad enough to check. It wasn't that long ago. October 2020 against Slovakia. Though Callum McGregor did get subbed on.

We should be aiming to finish them off by half time. We lack confidence against these 'lesser' teams. If this was England we'd be paradoxically getting stuck in far more. Fear of losing... I don't know. 

I think we are even starting to sit back a bit on the one goal lead. Against Moldova at home... It is all a bit odd. Where is the belief.

edit: so there is a reason we have struggled against Israel in recent times. They are clearly the strongest second place team in the group.

Now we are in real dog fight with Austria next game... assuming we win this one.

Edited by thplinth

Good to see Patterson involved in the goal and good to see Dykes score. We could’ve had a couple more.

Id like to see us take off Hendry and put on Ferguson. Let Ferguson sit in front of the backline and do Gilmours job, push Gilmour further up. I just think he looks much better in the opposition half. But the team are playing well and I’m confident we will get 1 or 2 more 2nd half. 

Edited by Scot1

I know wee midget dicks like Gordon Strachan would like to put it down to genetics... but Scotland's real problem is a mental one... all day long.

300+ years of getting shafted before you even start takes a toll... The Danes know how to win because they were never subjugated like we are... for hundreds of years now.

Switched over to the Israel / Austria game 4-2!