Scotland v Moldova - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Moldova

wanderer

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Is that an option? Or, do we have to show them the email on a phone?

I think so. Cant see why it would be any different to present a QR code on paper form than on a phone. 
It says you can print a copy for future reference so cant see why that wouldn’t include in the form of official ticket. 

0ED16196-E227-4F7C-925F-6B2162F9D369.thumb.jpeg.0e04e1f125ad63cadfb055c48e3de8f1.jpeg

Of course when you click on the link to check, you get an error code and William Hills scottish cup goals of the tournament by way of an ‘apology’ . Only you dont  get them either,  just a blank screen 🙄

2694ED2F-64AF-4174-AABD-5A2C0E52D85E.thumb.png.bc5056a03c61fb3d4bc4fea9392afb8c.png

24 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I think so. Cant see why it would be any different to present a QR code on paper form than on a phone. 
It says you can print a copy for future reference so cant see why that wouldn’t include in the form of official ticket. 

0ED16196-E227-4F7C-925F-6B2162F9D369.thumb.jpeg.0e04e1f125ad63cadfb055c48e3de8f1.jpeg

Of course when you click on the link to check, you get an error code and William Hills scottish cup goals of the tournament by way of an ‘apology’ . Only you dont  get them either,  just a blank screen 🙄

2694ED2F-64AF-4174-AABD-5A2C0E52D85E.thumb.png.bc5056a03c61fb3d4bc4fea9392afb8c.png

This is why I'm concerned about the SFA running the show this time round. For the EUROs UEFA made it all very obvious and explained it all really well. The SFA have just sent us QR codes and that's it. No explanation about what folk are supposed to do with those codes. 

I predict chaos on the night.

45 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This is why I'm concerned about the SFA running the show this time round. For the EUROs UEFA made it all very obvious and explained it all really well. The SFA have just sent us QR codes and that's it. No explanation about what folk are supposed to do with those codes. 

I predict chaos on the night.

I'm still waiting on my QR codes arriving,after nearly two weeks.I would be happy if they would send them to me.Absolute nonsense.

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Some amount of dinosaurs on here 

I had that thought too when I posted 👴 but it's just the simplest solution as I see it, as the QR codes for multiple people for several games are mess, particularly as email is not great via phone for me either.  I usually use email from my 2 grand gaming pc I built myself 😋

I’m hoping that we line up very defensively in the next games and try to keep it tight.  Assuming no Robertson and Kent who would both make my starting 11, I would go for

Gordon

O’Donnell.    McKenna. Hanley Cooper.   Tierney

Mctominay    Gilmour.      McLean 

Mcginn

Adams

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I’m hoping that we line up very defensively in the next games and try to keep it tight.  Assuming no Robertson and Kent who would both make my starting 11, I would go for

Gordon

Mcginn

Adams

Kent? Have I missed something? 

Or did you mean Jack? 

On 8/10/2021 at 6:48 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Some amount of dinosaurs on here 

Also could do with Apple Wallet. Much more user friendly, and you can send individual “tickets” to people.

An example from ages ago at Hibs (Actually my last time at Easter Road!)

J

14F99DF6-A7F9-4B26-AE63-FF0AE162BDDB.png

On 8/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, Malcolm said:

Gordon

Mcginn

Adams   

One of the mainy failings of the Euros was not having a strong enough midfield so I would go with bekow. Expect there will be a different team between Denmark and Moldova though. and interesting to see what lessons Clarke has learnt

McLaughlin

Patterson  Hanley Cooper  Tierney

GIlmour  Mctominay

Fraser McGinn McGregor

Adams

8 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

One of the mainy failings of the Euros was not having a strong enough midfield so I would go with bekow. Expect there will be a different team between Denmark and Moldova though. and interesting to see what lessons Clarke has learnt

McLaughlin

Patterson  Hanley Cooper  Tierney

GIlmour  Mctominay

Fraser McGinn McGregor

Adams

Sorry as a leeds fan we cant play cooper.  Not good enough . Play Tierney alongside Hanley and Hendry . Put young Doig in at left back . Just my opinion but need quality like Tierney in central defence , oh and Gilmour must play too 

On 8/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, Malcolm said:

Gordon

Mcginn

Adams

Whit?

36 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Sorry as a leeds fan we cant play cooper.  Not good enough . Play Tierney alongside Hanley and Hendry . Put young Doig in at left back . Just my opinion but need quality like Tierney in central defence , oh and Gilmour must play too 

I know another Leeds fan who would disagree. Tierney didn't exactly play a blinder against Brentford and looked a bit pathetic at the seciond goal. Hendry has mistakes in him also. Can you really see Doig going straight in at LB?

Edited by gkm_vancouver

1 hour ago, gkm_vancouver said:

I know another Leeds fan who would disagree. Tierney didn't exactly play a blinder against Brentford and looked a bit pathetic at the seciond goal. Hendry has mistakes in him also. Can you really see Doig going straight in at LB?

I asked NoctonJock in another thread if he had ever rated Copper. Seems a lot of Leeds fans like to have their previous opinions backed up when ever the  opportunity arises with regards to Cooper.

We all do it with regards to players and especially defenders,some times standing back and looking at the opinions of others is worthwhile.

For denmark and Austria we need to dominate the midfield and so id go in effect a 361 with

Clark

hendry hanley cooper

patterson gilmour mctominay tierney

mcginn    mcgregor

Dykes

lots of variations available for like christie for mcginn or mcgregor,   adams for dykes, any other defenders in back 3 although patterson and tierney simply need to start.

We need all our best players on park and whilst robertson absence is massive we will have to change to suit and i think it will maybe even help us be more defensive and hard to beat although when fit he has to play no doubt about that as he is outstanding.

3 big defenders just defending a midfield that can keep the ball with 2 attacking full backs looks ok to me as we simply cannot lose to Austria.

Against Moldova Id have forrest fraser etc in team and more attacking to rack up goals

This big week in 2 weeks time will ensure a further hopefully major tournament or 15 months of not bothering.

3 hours ago, gaz7 said:

For denmark and Austria we need to dominate the midfield and so id go in effect a 361 with

Clark

hendry hanley cooper

patterson gilmour mctominay tierney

mcginn    mcgregor

Dykes

lots of variations available for like christie for mcginn or mcgregor,   adams for dykes, any other defenders in back 3 although patterson and tierney simply need to start.

We need all our best players on park and whilst robertson absence is massive we will have to change to suit and i think it will maybe even help us be more defensive and hard to beat although when fit he has to play no doubt about that as he is outstanding.

3 big defenders just defending a midfield that can keep the ball with 2 attacking full backs looks ok to me as we simply cannot lose to Austria.

Against Moldova Id have forrest fraser etc in team and more attacking to rack up goals

This big week in 2 weeks time will ensure a further hopefully major tournament or 15 months of not bothering.

I'd maybe go with something similar to that for Denmark, but Austria are there for the taking. One of our biggest mistakes at the Euros was under-utilising our attacking midfielders.

I'd go 4231 against Austria and Moldova. That gives us 5 midfield slots to fill, which is actually very difficult. We almost have too many options. Christie and CalMac have started the season on fire, but leaving out McTominay, McGinn and Gilmour is virtually impossible. 

Gordon

Patterson Hanley Cooper Tierney

Gilmour McTominay

Fraser        McGinn    Christie

Dykes

3 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Ticket sales very slow so far for this game, hopefully be a lot more interest as we get closer to the game ?

If we can produce a good result against Denmark,the sales would shoot up. Otherwise,think a lot of people were pretty underwhelmed at the performances at the euros.Can't say i blame them.The euros was a great chance to really inject a big interest in the team.A chance that we threw away in a rather lacklustre way.