September games - Denmark v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

September games

Jay

Has anyone worked out if we can attend the three games in September, given that fully vaccinated folk have to take a PCR test two days after returning to Scotland?

Wales and southern Ehgland were an orange country for Denmark, needing a worthy purpose and a negative PCR test within 72 hours of travelling. At the moment Scotland, England and Northern Ireland are red countries, which require an isolation period in Denmark or Faroes, as well as Austria.

Unless you live in the Schengen area, it looks at the moment that we cannot attend the Austrian or Denmark games, as things stand.

Although living in Netherlands I am sceptical about attending the game. All UK bar Wales is on Denmark red list as you rightly say. And therefore football not valid reason for travelling. I cannot see SFA accepting any tickets whilst red list continues. And with England opening up on Monday and Scotland to a certain extent the same day I can't see infection rates dropping if the Dutch example is anything to go by. Daily Infection rates here have increased 20 fold in 3 weeks and we were starting off at far lower point than UK. So likelihood of Scotland dropping from Danish Red list is slim.

I am allowed to travel from Netherlands into Denmark without quarantining but can't see SFA accepting any tickets. Best option for me is to buy home end tickets but even that is a problem as you have to have a membership and also it looks like being limited capacity as well. See link 

https://www.fordanmark.dk/herrelandsholdet/parken/

Edited by amsterdam scot
Add link

I'm hoping to travel from Norway, the flight and digs are already booked, so hoping we get a chance of a ticket. I'm sure there will be a few Danish based TA wanting to go to the game aswell, so hopefully the SFA will take that into account when deciding on wether to accept tickets or not. 

On 7/18/2021 at 8:19 AM, md1976 said:

I'm hoping to travel from Norway, the flight and digs are already booked, so hoping we get a chance of a ticket. I'm sure there will be a few Danish based TA wanting to go to the game aswell, so hopefully the SFA will take that into account when deciding on wether to accept tickets or not. 

Good point - I have emailed the SSC to make this point known - it might be worth asking other foreign based supporters who are free to travel to do the same then that way they are aware of our situation

4 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

I’m booked for Austria but in all honesty I’ve written that one off now. Like Denmark, the UK is on Austria’s Red list and that won’t change for the foreseeable. Can only see the inevitable flight cancellation in a few weeks time 🤥

Yup , us too . We've got flights to Moldova booked in November tbh we'd take the dough back for that one too given the opporchancity 

1 hour ago, tattiescone69 said:

Yup , us too . We've got flights to Moldova booked in November tbh we'd take the dough back for that one too given the opporchancity 

Me as well, given Moldova is one of the least developed countries in Europe which gives great uncertainty about how far they are with their vaccination programme 

14 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Me as well, given Moldova is one of the least developed countries in Europe which gives great uncertainty about how far they are with their vaccination programme 

10 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

The way it's going they may not let us in 

At the moment Ukraine and Moldova are on the EU's green list, and speaking to my guide in Odesa that is arranging our transfer to Chisinau, things are ok getting in and out (case numbers in Eastern Europe seems to be surprisingly low) but they keep warning me that a lot of older people are refusing to get vaccinated, so the only stumbling block we might find is that our guide might be unable to provide a driver to take us to Chisinau who is vaccinated.

I think its just a little to late in the day to get excited about Denmark and think the SSC email last week was more out of hope we get a allocation and able to get there more than anything.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

At the moment Ukraine and Moldova are on the EU's green list, and speaking to my guide in Odesa that is arranging our transfer to Chisinau, things are ok getting in and out (case numbers in Eastern Europe seems to be surprisingly low) but they keep warning me that a lot of older people are refusing to get vaccinated, so the only stumbling block we might find is that our guide might be unable to provide a driver to take us to Chisinau who is vaccinated.

I think its just a little to late in the day to get excited about Denmark and think the SSC email last week was more out of hope we get a allocation and able to get there more than anything.

The way things are I wouldn’t be surprised if we are on Moldova’s red list.

Lesson learned. Don’t think I’ll be booking anything further until this is done

41 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

The way things are I wouldn’t be surprised if we are on Moldova’s red list.

Lesson learned. Don’t think I’ll be booking anything further until this is done

My understanding in the neck of the woods is they are very relaxed, but same time very wary about the future.

My Mrs over visiting her folks in Western Ukraine and when she showed up at the border, after handing over Double Vaccine and PCR Test results documents, only thing they were interested in was that her insurance documents covered medical care for COVID.

On 7/19/2021 at 9:27 AM, amsterdam scot said:

quick response from SFA to say

'I doubt we would conduct a sale if the majority of the members of the SSC were not allowed to travel. If the UK is still on the red list for Denmark then we probably wouldn’t receive an allocation from the Danish FA.'

What a pish attitude from the SFA. 

If they can accommodate people who live oversees and are members of the supporters club that you pay into then they should be looking to do that.