Engerland v Italy match thread...... - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Engerland v Italy match thread......

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Delighted they lost. But let's not forget we exited early in a far from vintage tournament with no outstanding teams. I'd prefer to forget about England- I really don't give a monkeys about them - and concentrate on somehow making Scotland less rubbish.

Yes, with relief we can now gracefully close these threads and forget about that other team till the world cup....

Edited by exile

36 minutes ago, exile said:

Well I missed almost all of the first half but from what I did see, I didn't noticeĀ England create many chances, Italy had most of the ball and most of the chances. England mainly seemed to be playing for fouls.Ā Could have gone either way in the end but maybe England found their level in the end. Which is not a bad one after all.

I just wonder whether England are too conservative. They were well drilled defensively but with all their attacking options they seem to hold back. Souness ripped into them for their lack of attacking creativity against us. Southgate not quite got the balance right.

17 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Delighted they lost. But let's not forget we exited early in a far from vintage tournament with no outstanding teams. I'd prefer to forget about England- I really don't give a monkeys about them - and concentrate on somehow making Scotland less rubbish.

Definitely. But lets have tonight šŸ’ƒšŸ’ƒ

The abuse that the 3 penalty missers, allĀ black players,Ā are getting onlineĀ is staggering. I knew they would get it, but FFS, people speaking about lynching and nooses. England really is a cesspit.Ā 

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

The abuse that the 3 penalty missers, allĀ black players,Ā are getting onlineĀ is staggering. I knew they would get it, but FFS, people speaking about lynching and nooses. England really is a cesspit.Ā 

Horrible so it is.Ā 

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

It's a bit of a paradox, but for as long as a section of England's support is like that they deserve to win fuck all.

I feel for the England players on a human level but when I think about some of their scummier fans, like the ones abusing those lads, or making fun of kids on social media, or trashing town and city centres, last night's result was sweet.