Engerland v Italy match thread...... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Engerland v Italy match thread......

Defo not TA specific. Might aswell start the match thread. Both teams are a fuckin disgrace, but one of them will unfortunately lift the trophy.  Please let it be Italy.. Couple ma pals wearing Italy scarves to watch the match, no me, I'm Scottish. Just hope the Engerlish get beat, the arrogance I have read on social media is over the top...  As I have said all along.. Fuck England....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arguably both teams have been the best and deserve to be in the final, despite the dodgy decisions, diving etc. 

Having just watched the Copa America final, neither team is at that level (yet)

Italy were second best against Spain for long periods but don’t think England can press and keep the ball the way they did. 

Anyway, Forza Italia 🇮🇹 

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Arguably both teams have been the best and deserve to be in the final, despite the dodgy decisions, diving etc. 

Italy were second best against Spain for long periods but don’t think England can press and keep the ball the way they did. 

Anyway, Forza Italia 🇮🇹 

👍🍺

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Anyway, Forza Italia 🇮🇹 

Be interesting to see how the tef plays this one out as both are known for a wee bit of diving... He has to be fair on  both sides...

England can't fail to win, everything has fell into their lap with all the Wembley games and they couldn't have hand picked their route to the final including the group stage. (bitter opinion - possibly). Anyway here's hoping for a bruiser of a game. 

Screenshot_20210711-084400.png

england will play the way they've played every game in the tournament, they'll have an amazing first ten minutes then they'll slow right down and Italy will have all the possession and play.

Second half, come out all guns blazing for ten minutes then same again.

England won't win

I can't decide what I would ideally like; Italy to score in the second minute and win in a rout, Germany-Brazil 2014 style.

Or...

Italy to win a penalty in the 89th minute as one of their players flops like a wet lettuce leaf, or like Sterling, in the box. The Italians score, the ball skittering in off the inside of the post after Pickford saves the pen and the first rebound but not the second.

Whichever one would hurt them more...

23 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I can't decide what I would ideally like; Italy to score in the second minute and win in a rout, Germany-Brazil 2014 style.

Or...

Italy to win a penalty in the 89th minute as one of their players flops like a wet lettuce leaf, or like Sterling, in the box. The Italians score, the ball skittering in off the inside of the post after Pickford saves the pen and the first rebound but not the second.

Whichever one would hurt them more...

I like yir style mate...🙂🙂🙂🙂🍺🍺🍺🍺

10 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Anyway, Forza Italia 🇮🇹 

Agree these have been the best two teams.

The Copa America final looked a dreadful game though, I doubt even Italy and England could stoop to those levels of shithousery. 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok cool. Seems to have worked out well in engerlands favor. Lucky bastards...

Yeah they have had a few breaks, none more so than Sweden scoring an injury time minute winner against Poland which led to England playing Ukraine in Rome when it should probably have been Spain.

That's cup football for you though, you can win without playing the strongest teams.

15 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yeah they have had a few breaks, none more so than Sweden scoring an injury time minute winner against Poland which led to England playing Ukraine in Rome when it should probably have been Spain.

That's cup football for you though, you can win without playing the strongest teams.

Totally agree, let's just hope they get found out today...🙂🍺

54 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

How annoying. Spain would almost certainly have beaten England, especially at a neutral venue, given their ability to retain possession and pass the ball. In some respects they might have been trickier opponents than Italy.

From their first game Italy looked to me like potential champions though. I'd like to see them go at England, which no team has really done in this tournament except Denmark in the first half of the semi. Italy don't really seem to about things that way though.

England's front line is top class but their goalie and defence look decidedly average at this level; their central midfield pair are good ball-winners but they're not creative. 

On paper you could say England have already over-achieved by reaching the final, but their 1966 World Cup winning manager once said he felt he only had four world class players in his side that year, and their squad in 1970 is regarded by many people as stronger, yet they were put out in the quarter finals.