Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 47 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tino livramento scored today. Hard to see him getting in the England squad unless he turns into an unbelievable right back.  Eligible for Portugal as well, won't be long until they start to declare an interest if he keeps starting games in the EPL. 

Started 9 EPL games and only 18, add him to the ever growing list of right backs that are better than Stephen O'Donnell 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/22/2021 at 2:26 PM, ProudScot said:

Bang on. 

Between McGregor, Patterson & Jack when he’s back Rangers will probably field as many or possibly even more Scottish players than some of the mid table-relegation fodder sides like Aberdeen, Livingston & Ross County this season. 

How funny are you, I nearly cracked a rib laughing then I realised you were probably being serious, but I’ll give you a few 🤣🤣🤣 anyway 👍

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Assist for Anthony Ralston today

Ralston must be doing something right,the Croation internationalist brought in to replace him at right back has been relegated to the left hand berth.

Funny he never gets a mention on here.

If Taylor was fit Ralston would probably be on the bench. The other LB options are Bolingoli who can't defend and Montgomery who is inexperienced and a natural winger. 

In saying that Ralston is doing well and should be in consideration. I think the only reason he isn't, is that Clarke likes to keep a solid core squad.

For me Ralston should definitely be ahead of McGinn at Hibs as our 3rd choice RB.

33 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

If Taylor was fit Ralston would probably be on the bench. The other LB options are Bolingoli who can't defend and Montgomery who is inexperienced and a natural winger. 

In saying that Ralston is doing well and should be in consideration. I think the only reason he isn't, is that Clarke likes to keep a solid core squad.

For me Ralston should definitely be ahead of McGinn at Hibs as our 3rd choice RB.

I think Ralston is considerably better than O’Donnell.

At present Patterson, Ramsey & Ralston are all better RB options IMO.

The goal O’Donnell was culpable for today was very reminiscent of the Ivan Perisic moment in the Euros… 

24 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Only if he is better than the likes of Gilmour and McGregor and McTom can we consider him.

He must’ve improved over the years there to get to the level hes at.

Why would he need to be better than the best player we’ve had in 30 years for us to consider him 🤣

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

He must’ve improved over the years there to get to the level hes at.

Why would he need to be better than the best player we’ve had in 30 years for us to consider him 🤣

I know little about Henderson, hence why I asked the question. Gilmour is a shoe-in but does he complement him is what I meant. Is he better than McG or McTom?

15 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I know little about Henderson, hence why I asked the question. Gilmour is a shoe-in but does he complement him is what I meant. Is he better than McG or McTom?

he doesn't need to be seen as an immediate or an automatic starter to merit a call up. Players in the top leagues playing at the top of their game should be rewarded with a call up into what is, quite a big squad. This offers incentive and also shows the management team are sighted on all eligible players wherever they play and not just those here or over the border (with a possible Scottish granny).

Henderson's form in Serie A (from what I have read) puts him well above the likes of McLean and Fleck etc for squad inclusion. I would argue the same goes for Russell and Gauld in the MLS.

He is a central midfielder, right footed, and mainly attacking but has played a few times in a holding role. He has been Italy now for 3 years and worthy of an inclusion. 

10 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

he doesn't need to be seen as an immediate or an automatic starter to merit a call up. Players in the top leagues playing at the top of their game should be rewarded with a call up into what is, quite a big squad. This offers incentive and also shows the management team are sighted on all eligible players wherever they play and not just those here or over the border (with a possible Scottish granny).

Henderson's form in Serie A (from what I have read) puts him well above the likes of McLean and Fleck etc for squad inclusion. I would argue the same goes for Russell and Gauld in the MLS.

He is a central midfielder, right footed, and mainly attacking but has played a few times in a holding role. He has been Italy now for 3 years and worthy of an inclusion. 

I'd agree with much of that. It is quite surprising that, here in the Scottish media, we hear no talking up of Henderson but a cacophany of articles trumping up call-ups for players who we have no evidence want to represent us. I would hope that Clarke has at least had Henderson watched at some point.

49 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Henderson is 25 and played 8 games in Serie A. If who scored is to believed is a pretty much an average player for a mid table team. I haven't seen any reports to suggest otherwise. 

Playing in Serie A  does not make him a good player.

Hickey is 19 and has already  played 19 games and should be very close to the Scotland squad on the other hand.

3 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Thank you. That's what I was asking.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Henderson is 25 and played 8 games in Serie A. If who scored is to believed is a pretty much an average player for a mid table team. I haven't seen any reports to suggest otherwise. 

Playing in Serie A  does not make him a good player.

Hickey is 19 and has already  played 19 games and should be very close to the Scotland squad on the other hand.

But is the likes of McLean any better?

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

11 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Enjoyable first half for Andy Robertson.  Not so for Scott McTominay!

He will be getting hounded on the man u forums tonight. Being honest not sure he is good enough for them. Hes only has a great game every so often and man utd have the money to buy pretty much most midfielders in the world. 

45 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He will be getting hounded on the man u forums tonight. Being honest not sure he is good enough for them. Hes only has a great game every so often and man utd have the money to buy pretty much most midfielders in the world. 

You're right. But McTom. wasn't the worst Man Utd. player by a a long chalk (one of the few to keep going to the bitter end?).

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

100% this.  The majority of Manc 'supporters' will be holding Mctominay solely responsible for the whole debacle 

McTom hasn't been good for us for a while in my opinion and I don't think for Man Utd as well 

My problem with him is I don't know what he is, he's not a defensive midfielder, he's not a creative midfielder, he's not an attacking midfielder and he's not a right in a back 3 

For me doesn't get in our starting 11 - McGregor and Gilmour all day 

17 minutes ago, borojock said:

McTom hasn't been good for us for a while in my opinion and I don't think for Man Utd as well 

My problem with him is I don't know what he is, he's not a defensive midfielder, he's not a creative midfielder, he's not an attacking midfielder and he's not a right in a back 3 

For me doesn't get in our starting 11 - McGregor and Gilmour all day 

His passing in the Faroes game was arguably the worst I've seen from a Scotland player, especially first half.