Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 223 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22


loanhead-tartan
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2023 at 3:35 PM, bigfingers said:

Shankland looking better than Nisbet today. 

Shankland plays at a higher level, if you've anything about you it's probably easy to look "decent" in that Hibs team. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Shankland plays at a higher level, if you've anything about you it's probably easy to look "decent" in that Hibs team. 

 

You can also look at it in the opposite way.Surely if in your words Shankland is playing at a higher level then he will get more chances than Nisbet gets.Just a thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

You can also look at it in the opposite way.Surely if in your words Shankland is playing at a higher level then he will get more chances than Nisbet gets.Just a thought.

Quite possibly, he needs to move asap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Tom Cairney looking fit and doing well against Spurs just now. 

Hes a good player and should have been given more chances over the years but i think his time has passed unless there is a huge amount of injuries. Hes 32, cant imagine hes getting picked at that age when you consider hes not been in squads in the past.

Edited by mccaughey85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2023 at 5:10 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why is Tierney on the bench? McTominay just had a good crack at goal...

Because hes not as good as Zinchenko

On 1/22/2023 at 5:21 PM, broraboy said:

Zinchenko a very good player

Is he better than Tierney, imo No 

Agree, much more diverse and a better footballer

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Personally getting quite excited by his progress in Italy.

Yep been a great move, Italy proving a good place to go and improve, would like to see Gilmour head there or Spain

21 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes a good player and should have been given more chances over the years but i think his time has passed unless there is a huge amount of injuries. Hes 32, cant imagine hes getting picked at that age when you consider hes not been in squads in the past.

Yea, was overlooked for so long when he was playing well at a very good level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, csinclair said:

Liam Henderson putting in a good performance in a win over Inter. Still can't believe he's not made a squad when the likes of Jack and McLean get callups

Agreed he should have caps. McLeans continued inclusion is forever baffling.

Would also have Henderson in instead of Turnbull who barely ever plays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Agreed he should have caps. McLeans continued inclusion is forever baffling.

Would also have Henderson in instead of Turnbull who barely ever plays. 

Henderson has started 8 of Empoli's games this season and hasn't been on the pitch for much more than 70 minutes in any of them.

Massive myth on here that he is actually any good.  30 odd Serie A games in three years doesn't make you a superstar, I think journeyman is the correct term.

McLean does a job that few of our midfield players can do, He sits in, holds onto the ball until the pass is available, he calms the game down which is why he comes on towards the end of games for us. At 31 he won't be around much longer mind you, if at all. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Henderson has started 8 of Empoli's games this season and hasn't been on the pitch for much more than 70 minutes in any of them.

Massive myth on here that he is actually any good.  30 odd Serie A games in three years doesn't make you a superstar, I think journeyman is the correct term.

McLean does a job that few of our midfield players can do, He sits in, holds onto the ball until the pass is available, he calms the game down which is why he comes on towards the end of games for us. At 31 he won't be around much longer mind you, if at all. 

 

 

He’s starting games in Serie A. Barely any of our midfielders are starting games at all at present! Not to mention McLean also is playing second tier football.

Nobody is saying Henderson is a superstar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Henderson has started 8 of Empoli's games this season and hasn't been on the pitch for much more than 70 minutes in any of them.

Massive myth on here that he is actually any good.  30 odd Serie A games in three years doesn't make you a superstar, I think journeyman is the correct term.

 

 

 

You do not even get considered by a Serie A club unless you are very good and it is certainly not the home of journeymen Scots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

He’s starting games in Serie A. Barely any of our midfielders are starting games at all at present! Not to mention McLean also is playing second tier football.

Nobody is saying Henderson is a superstar. 

Harsh reality check there. I think Henderson is way below what we have had available over recent years,but isn't far of being one of our highest performing players if you put it like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, Kirk said:

Because hes not as good as Zinchenko

Agree, much more diverse and a better footballer

Yep been a great move, Italy proving a good place to go and improve, would like to see Gilmour head there or Spain

Yea, was overlooked for so long when he was playing well at a very good level. 

So Tierney's not as good as Zinchenko but is a better footballer than him? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Henderson has started 8 of Empoli's games this season and hasn't been on the pitch for much more than 70 minutes in any of them.

Massive myth on here that he is actually any good.  30 odd Serie A games in three years doesn't make you a superstar, I think journeyman is the correct term.

McLean does a job that few of our midfield players can do, He sits in, holds onto the ball until the pass is available, he calms the game down which is why he comes on towards the end of games for us. At 31 he won't be around much longer mind you, if at all. 

 

 

McLean is pretty steady.As you say he does a specific job for us when required and has been excellent in the penalty shootouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...