Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 259 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Tierney not starting today... bizarre. Arteta clearly wants him gone. 

As far as I know, Arteta tried a different formation with three centre halfs, strange thing is that’s Tierney’s position for Scotland. Whatever happens, he’s second fiddle to Zinchenko when fit so maybe he’s better off out of there.

On the other hand, there’s more chance of him being fit and fresh for second rather than crocked if he’s playing every week.

1 minute ago, The Black Bra said:

As far as I know, Arteta tried a different formation with three centre halfs, strange thing is that’s Tierney’s position for Scotland. Whatever happens, he’s second fiddle to Zinchenko when fit so maybe he’s better off out of there.

On the other hand, there’s more chance of him being fit and fresh for second rather than crocked if he’s playing every week.

‘Scotland’, not ‘second’!

14 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

I didn't catch the first half but at the start of the second half it was definitely a back 4 with Partey as a RB & Kiwior as a LB and both looked uncomfortable

26 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Che Adams not in the squad for Southampton today.  I presume he's moving on after relegation so not playing him. Armstrong on the bench as is Gilmour for Brighton.  

Apparently he was rushed back too soon from his injury and aggravated it in their last game according to the manager

2 hours ago, csinclair said:

Cooper on the bench for Leeds as is Scotland U21 Jeremiah Mullen

Tune in at 2.40 to see his goal,if he can defend anywhere near as well as he can volley he's got half a chance 😊

Leeds appear to have some good kids & they'll probably get a chance next season in the championship.

Archie Gray seems to be the pick of the bunch, think he played for England in this week in the under 17 championships but I really hope when the times right his dad & grandfather will talk some sense into the boy🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Che Adams not in the squad for Southampton today.  I presume he's moving on after relegation so not playing him. Armstrong on the bench as is Gilmour for Brighton.  

Adams was carrying an injury the last few games, so now they’re down he’s in recovery mode. 

20 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Anderson starting in midfield for Newcastle and playing alright. Certainly doesn’t look out of place

I've no doubts over his ability, based on tonight's performance anyway.  The only doubts are over whether he actually wants to play for Scotland or not.

Leicester deploying Craig Levein-esque tactics tonight - it might just get them something though!

13 hours ago, scotlad said:

I've no doubts over his ability, based on tonight's performance anyway.  The only doubts are over whether he actually wants to play for Scotland or not.

Leicester deploying Craig Levein-esque tactics tonight - it might just get them something though!

I think if he wanted to play for Scotland he would be capped by now. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think if he wanted to play for Scotland he would be capped by now. 

You might be right.  

I hope we don't end up in a similar position as RoI did with Grealish and Rice.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hard to get capped if you don't get called up. Has he ever been called up?

Exactly he hasn't only the under 21's & I wouldn't blame any player for pulling out of coaching session with Scott Gemmil, especially a player who is trying to break into a premier League side.

My memory might be playing tricks with me here but i thought when Anderson came on as a sub for Newcastle 2 or 3 Weeks ago there was no flag next to his name or maybe even a English one. Last night it was definitely a Scottish flag.

Only a wishful thinking geek like me thinks what sky class you as might matter😆

Anderson should be asked to join the squad get together in Spain prior to the games in June. If he doesn't want to go then forget about him. If he accepts then  he might get the feeling of being part of something special and nail his colour's to our mast.