Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 258 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the Middlesbrough loss, Hayden Hackney being really talked up, lots of people saying they cannot see him staying in the Championship, be interesting to see if Clarke calls him up for the squad, maybe a subs cap to see how commited he is as would imagine England may be on the hunt the way he is going. 

1 hour ago, HighlandScot said:

Callum Paterson named man of the match on BBC site tonight. He is still only 28. 

Brilliant from the Sheff Wednesday Scottish contingent, Bannan, Palmer(last minute equaliser) & Paterson ( extra time equaliser) all played their part is what was a amazing turnaround. Hope they get promoted, they deserve it after that heroic performance.

All have had good careers & served Scotland with pride but I'd be amazed if even Paterson was ever called up again, we've got too many better level players to choose from so I think his time has gone.

Was at the Newcastle V Brighton game last night. Gilmour struggled in the first half. Newcastle marked him and pressed high on the Brighton central defenders all first half. They played a really physical game and it worked a treat. But in the second half, Gilmour came to life. Kept finding pockets of space and upped the tempo of his passing culminating in a brilliant assist. I wouldn’t have been surprised had he been hooked at half time. But he was taken off just at the point he’d grown into the game and started to look a major influence, and against one of the best sides in the league. Still a little worried De Zerbi doesn’t fully rate him.

I’d start him in Norway.

40 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Was at the Newcastle V Brighton game last night. Gilmour struggled in the first half. Newcastle marked him and pressed high on the Brighton central defenders all first half. They played a really physical game and it worked a treat. But in the second half, Gilmour came to life. Kept finding pockets of space and upped the tempo of his passing culminating in a brilliant assist. I wouldn’t have been surprised had he been hooked at half time. But he was taken off just at the point he’d grown into the game and started to look a major influence, and against one of the best sides in the league. Still a little worried De Zerbi doesn’t fully rate him.

I’d start him in Norway.

Me too.

2 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

I’d start him in Norway.

Bizarre decision from his manager to take him off just 10 minutes into the second half then.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Bizarre decision from his manager to take him off just 10 minutes into the second half then.

From reading his comments, it sounds like he’s trying to manage a lot of players game time as they have a congestion of fixtures at the moment. It certainly didn’t make sense based on the flow of the game.

Makes no sense, they are pushing for a Euro spot, keep who is working and change who wasn't unless what wasn't working was the formation and then some players just don't fit a certain system. At 2-1, I would have felt a draw for them was achievable. 

1 hour ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Going by LiveScore, Patterson seems to be listed today as RCB in a back 3. I’m not aware of him ever playing CB, could be interesting…

And off injured after 29 minutes!  He's fast becoming as injury prone as Tierney 😒