Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 243 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

A bit misogynistic that, yer blood's yer blood.

Very misogynistic, but half the reasoning on here is some form of elitism or another so let's get totally silly.

I mean it's pretty obvious you are only really Scottish if you were born and bred north of Stirling, except for the Macleods who will never be Scottish again after Culloden.

2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

And so begins another merry go round of eligibility and Scottishness chat.

I bet if everyone on this forum did a genealogy test, most of us would come out as at least 20 or 30% English, Irish or other European

No me !!! 100% fuckin Scottish and Proud !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

FB_IMG_1654479646152.jpg

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No me !!! 100% fuckin Scottish and Proud !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

FB_IMG_1654479646152.jpg

Do the test 😉

2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

And so begins another merry go round of eligibility and Scottishness chat.

I bet if everyone on this forum did a genealogy test, most of us would come out as at least 20 or 30% English, Irish or other European

Would that take place of birth out of the equation? 

Always thought too much importance is based on that. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Back to Scottish playres in action for a moment.

Scott McTominay voted MoM on the Man United forum last night, slight improvement on "worst player on the pitch" in previous game.

Scott McTominay is a very very good player and imo played out of position at Man.Utd with the fans getting on his back all too often, with them all living in previous glory with Scholes Giggs Keane Beckham etc 

He has mentioned several times in the past that he used to play a more advanced role when he was younger! 
Certain TA were all too critical when he was played as a Centre Half 

Most definitely a player for the future with Scotland and whatever Premiership Club that chooses to pick him 👌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

Scott McTominay is a very very good player and imo played out of position at Man.Utd with the fans getting on his back all too often, with them all living in previous glory with Scholes Giggs Keane Beckham etc 

He has mentioned several times in the past that he used to play a more advanced role when he was younger! 

Most definitely a player for the future with Scotland and whatever Premiership Club that chooses to pick him 👌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

He shouldn’t have been at centre half for us! Was a clanger and he’s much better in midfield. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

He shouldn’t have been at centre half for us! Was a clanger and he’s much better in midfield. 

He did play well most of the time he was put there. Hes also played quite poorly in midfield at times. I think it says alot that he was a first team regular for man utd yet not for us. 

I think the last 2 games has opened up the possibility of him being played further forward and being more of a goal threat for us. 

But lets not pretend like hes been brilliant everytime hes played in midfield.

The last 2 games and the nations league games have seen him play much better for us.

19 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Exactly.Always was quite happy when he played in midfield.Should never be anywhere near the defence though.Never.

Hes had quite alot of average/poor games for us in midfield. He hasnt been first choice for large spells of clarkes reign.

Saying that hes been brilliant in the last 5 or 6 games. I think a three man midfield of mcgregor, mcginn and mctominay with the latter 2 in more advanced positions could be beneficial due to goal threat they provide. 

21 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He did play well most of the time he was put there. Hes also played quite poorly in midfield at times. I think it says alot that he was a first team regular for man utd yet not for us. 

I think the last 2 games has opened up the possibility of him being played further forward and being more of a goal threat for us. 

But lets not pretend like hes been brilliant everytime hes played in midfield.

The last 2 games and the nations league games have seen him play much better for us.

Never happy with him at the back.Guilty of losing the man he was marking at cross balls and also getting caught in possession too often.Always a bit uncomfortable with him there.Obviously just the way i felt about him at the back but playing in his natural postion in midfield was always pretty happy with him.

27 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Never happy with him at the back.Guilty of losing the man he was marking at cross balls and also getting caught in possession too often.Always a bit uncomfortable with him there.Obviously just the way i felt about him at the back but playing in his natural postion in midfield was always pretty happy with him.

Sounds like most of our centre backs tbf. Personally i havent seen much of these mistakes you claim hes made and as i said our other centre backs are hardly perfect in every game either.

The serbia goal seems to be blamed on him by certain ppl on here but no one really knows who was assigned to mark jovic at that corner and just because mctominay ends up closest to him when he heads it in doesnt mean mctominays at fault. 

Where was the other centre backs for that goal. 

He also slipped once and lost the ball in wet conditions and thats constantly used against him as well. 

Big Sauce is a class act. He has that winning mentality you get when you play for a big club.

Agreed his performances in dark blue havent always been brilliant. But thats more a reflection of the players he has been playing with and/or the role he has been asked to do more than anything else.

I love the fact that he will happily play anywhere for Scotland and give it his best shot regardless of whether its his preferred position or not.

That said, I really hope Clarke finds a way to get him into the team alongside McGinn in those advanced roles. Thats where our main goal threat comes from.

Edited by Judith

17 hours ago, broraboy said:

He is 27 this year so needs to be a player for the now not the future .

Keep in the role he is now , no central defence nonsense .

will need to get a move away at club level though 

51 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

He is 27 this year so needs to be a player for the now not the future .

Keep in the role he is now , no central defence nonsense .

will need to get a move away at club level though 

Yup. Role he is now.. NO central defence. 👍👍

QPR on an awful run and looking like a team that's heading down.

Don't love the idea of our second choice striker playing in league 1. Dykes' scoring record in the championship unlikely to have teams queueing up to sign him if they do go down as well. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Grant Hanley stretchered off today with what is descibed as a non-contact injury. Reports say he was holding his head and writhing in pain. Does not sound good for him.

The feel good factor doesn't last long eh! Just when Porteous and Hanley looked a promising central defence partnership then bang a week or so later Hanley looks like he has got a bad one. 

Oli Burke watch: Caught the first 15mins for the Millwall - Luton game.

2minutes in, gets played clean through and instead of taking a touch that any professional footballer (and frankly most amateurs) could, manages to step on the ball and let it trickle out of his control and through to the keeper.

On another note, Alan Campbell looks to be quietly going about his business well at Luton. Saw a pre-game stat that he has more tackles made than any other Luton player this season. I suppose it's testament to how far our depth has gone that a player like Campbell doesn't get a look in our midfield. Going back as recently as the Strachan years, he may have walked into that squad.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Grant Hanley stretchered off today with what is descibed as a non-contact injury. Reports say he was holding his head and writhing in pain. Does not sound good for him.

Hanley out for season with achilles and McLean out with knee ligament damage. From Norwich manager after the match.