Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 235 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken record on this forum but Gauld played the first game of the MLS season last night and apparently impressed too. 

Should be in the squad, particularly when Ryan Fraser is nowhere, Christie isn’t playing for the worst team in the EPL, Armstrong struggling for form/fitness for arguably the worst team and Turnbull not playing for Celtic. 

14 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Broken record on this forum but Gauld played the first game of the MLS season last night and apparently impressed too. 

Should be in the squad, particularly when Ryan Fraser is nowhere, Christie isn’t playing for the worst team in the EPL, Armstrong struggling for form/fitness for arguably the worst team and Turnbull not playing for Celtic. 

I think guys who are playing regulary and in form should get priority for this upcoming games. I think ferguson should get a chance as hes doing well for top half serie a team. Saying that its a bit shitty that alot of our players are not playing/starting regulary. Guys like christie fraser mctominay gilmour hendry have all struggled to get starts this season. You couple that in with the  injuries to guys like gordon mckenna dykes stewart patterson then its a case that we need big performances from ppl like robbo tierney mcginn etc in these upcoming games. We have been quite unlucky with regards our players this season. Thankfully one of our fixtures is against cyprus so that should be winnable with a weakened squad and spain will always be tough ask anytime. A win v cyprus and a good performance v spain is all i ask for even if we lose to spain which i think we will. 

Talking of form players, apart from Ferguson the other playing really well in Serie A is Josh Doig. He  is a big physical unit making storming forward runs, and I would play him on left side of midfield. Especially when established squad midfielders like McTominay, Armstrong, Gilmour, Turnbull are hardly getting game time. Unfortunately Clark considers loyalty to old favorites over form, so very unlikely to happen.

49 minutes ago, HighlandScot said:

Talking of form players, apart from Ferguson the other playing really well in Serie A is Josh Doig. He  is a big physical unit making storming forward runs, and I would play him on left side of midfield. Especially when established squad midfielders like McTominay, Armstrong, Gilmour, Turnbull are hardly getting game time. Unfortunately Clark considers loyalty to old favorites over form, so very unlikely to happen.

Josh doig should be called up but  i would be tempted to play tierney at left midfield. It would allow both tierney and robbo to play. 

Your criticism of clarke being loyal to favourites over form is daft. Of course hes going to have favourites but hes given caps out to young players like gilmour patterson and hickey. I reckon he will be fully aware of doigs ability and form. 

16 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Siriki Dembele started and impressed for Auxerre today. Looks like he’ll become a regular. Would be a good replacement for Ryan Fraser but don’t see it happening. 

I'm not sure he's interested in playing for Scotland.  Could be wrong, of course.

As for Ryan Gauld, if he can't get in the Scotland squad now he never will.

28 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I'm not sure he's interested in playing for Scotland.  Could be wrong, of course.

As for Ryan Gauld, if he can't get in the Scotland squad now he never will.

Could be right about Dembele. 

Think him and his brother might end up playing for Ivory Coast which would be fair enough. 

Just think Steve Clarke is missing a trick if he is available , would be good to to have a pacy, dribbling winger in the squad. Even as an option in the last 10mins of games against tired players. 

It’ll hopefully be Doak in the future but would be good to have an option now. 

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Could be right about Dembele. 

Think him and his brother might end up playing for Ivory Coast which would be fair enough. 

Just think Steve Clarke is missing a trick if he is available , would be good to to have a pacy, dribbling winger in the squad. Even as an option in the last 10mins of games against tired players. 

It’ll hopefully be Doak in the future but would be good to have an option now. 

I don't think him and his brother will end up playing for anybody because ultimately, they aren't very good.

17 hours ago, HighlandScot said:

Mctominay played for the better part of half an hour yesterday, I dont really think that playing week in week out at any top tier team is as important as it is at relegatoon candidates. Not sure why top teams can have their players ready to peform when not match fit but it seems the case. Guess it could simply be that they are better players or that they are playing with better players.

Interesting comments on The Man United forum about Mctominay playing further up the field yesterday suiting him. Basically he gets slated 90% of the time he is asked to play deeper.

14 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That's right, but would be amazed if he becomes a regular starter for Man U again.

Would probably be best for us if he moved but I can't see that happening any time soon.

I's be surprised if he moves as he seems to love being at Man Utd and they're a club who play in multiple competitions so need a big squad. I think the surprising thing for me this season has been that whenever Ten Hag starts him he plays his usual centre mid position but whenever he brings him on as a sub he plays him much further forward.

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That's right, but would be amazed if he becomes a regular starter for Man U again.

Would probably be best for us if he moved but I can't see that happening any time soon.

I think he will play more than enough games for his club to be in very good condition for us. I’m not sure I’d even want our players playing absolutely every week in the EPL, I don’t think it does much for players’ international performances.