Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 223 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2023 at 3:35 PM, bigfingers said:

Shankland looking better than Nisbet today. 

Shankland plays at a higher level, if you've anything about you it's probably easy to look "decent" in that Hibs team. 

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Shankland plays at a higher level, if you've anything about you it's probably easy to look "decent" in that Hibs team. 

You can also look at it in the opposite way.Surely if in your words Shankland is playing at a higher level then he will get more chances than Nisbet gets.Just a thought.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

You can also look at it in the opposite way.Surely if in your words Shankland is playing at a higher level then he will get more chances than Nisbet gets.Just a thought.

Quite possibly, he needs to move asap

8 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Tom Cairney looking fit and doing well against Spurs just now. 

Hes a good player and should have been given more chances over the years but i think his time has passed unless there is a huge amount of injuries. Hes 32, cant imagine hes getting picked at that age when you consider hes not been in squads in the past.

Edited by mccaughey85

On 1/22/2023 at 5:10 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why is Tierney on the bench? McTominay just had a good crack at goal...

Because hes not as good as Zinchenko

On 1/22/2023 at 5:21 PM, broraboy said:

Zinchenko a very good player

Is he better than Tierney, imo No 

Agree, much more diverse and a better footballer

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Personally getting quite excited by his progress in Italy.

Yep been a great move, Italy proving a good place to go and improve, would like to see Gilmour head there or Spain

21 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes a good player and should have been given more chances over the years but i think his time has passed unless there is a huge amount of injuries. Hes 32, cant imagine hes getting picked at that age when you consider hes not been in squads in the past.

Yea, was overlooked for so long when he was playing well at a very good level. 

8 hours ago, csinclair said:

Liam Henderson putting in a good performance in a win over Inter. Still can't believe he's not made a squad when the likes of Jack and McLean get callups

Agreed he should have caps. McLeans continued inclusion is forever baffling.

Would also have Henderson in instead of Turnbull who barely ever plays. 

22 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Agreed he should have caps. McLeans continued inclusion is forever baffling.

Would also have Henderson in instead of Turnbull who barely ever plays. 

Henderson has started 8 of Empoli's games this season and hasn't been on the pitch for much more than 70 minutes in any of them.

Massive myth on here that he is actually any good.  30 odd Serie A games in three years doesn't make you a superstar, I think journeyman is the correct term.

McLean does a job that few of our midfield players can do, He sits in, holds onto the ball until the pass is available, he calms the game down which is why he comes on towards the end of games for us. At 31 he won't be around much longer mind you, if at all. 

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Henderson has started 8 of Empoli's games this season and hasn't been on the pitch for much more than 70 minutes in any of them.

Massive myth on here that he is actually any good.  30 odd Serie A games in three years doesn't make you a superstar, I think journeyman is the correct term.

McLean does a job that few of our midfield players can do, He sits in, holds onto the ball until the pass is available, he calms the game down which is why he comes on towards the end of games for us. At 31 he won't be around much longer mind you, if at all. 

He’s starting games in Serie A. Barely any of our midfielders are starting games at all at present! Not to mention McLean also is playing second tier football.

Nobody is saying Henderson is a superstar. 

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You do not even get considered by a Serie A club unless you are very good and it is certainly not the home of journeymen Scots.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

He’s starting games in Serie A. Barely any of our midfielders are starting games at all at present! Not to mention McLean also is playing second tier football.

Nobody is saying Henderson is a superstar. 

Harsh reality check there. I think Henderson is way below what we have had available over recent years,but isn't far of being one of our highest performing players if you put it like that. 

On 1/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, Kirk said:

Because hes not as good as Zinchenko

Agree, much more diverse and a better footballer

Yep been a great move, Italy proving a good place to go and improve, would like to see Gilmour head there or Spain

Yea, was overlooked for so long when he was playing well at a very good level. 

So Tierney's not as good as Zinchenko but is a better footballer than him? đŸ¤”

23 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McLean is pretty steady.As you say he does a specific job for us when required and has been excellent in the penalty shootouts.

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

it’s really either Robertson or tierney. They are both left backs not centre half’s.  I would play one or the other.

You are kidding right ? You cant leave Tierney out . The thought of a back 3 of McKenna, Hanley and Hendry terrifies me 

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

it’s really either Robertson or tierney. They are both left backs not centre half’s.  I would play one or the other.

You can get away with Tierney in a back 3 for sure.

Let's be honest though, who else do we have that is good enough to start in a back four. Tierney is as good a shout as any.

McKenna isn't a definate starter for Forest, rumours that Cooper has declared himself unavailable.

Hanley, Hendry and Porteous are all right sided players with Porteous appearing to have evolved into a holding midfield player anyway

Probably as well  playing Mctominay and Tierney as central defenders.

That's Tierney being subbed.Really love Tierney but he looks a shadow of the player he was at the moment.Maybe because he isn't getting a run of starts in the Arsenal team.This playing one game and then maybe not starting for another four or five isn't doing him any favours.

I would still fear tierney rarely playing could become a problem for us.

Whilst he was okay tonight you can see that some of the play didn’t move as quickly normal with him it was slightly slower , not sure if was lack of game time tonight .

Pace moving a bit faster as arsenal bring on their bigger guns 

Edited by DAVIDB46