Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 202 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

He scored 14 last season so hes probably in the squad of the back of that. Maybe clarke thinks he might progress in the future and become a more prolific striker. Either way hes currently just a squad filler and we wont be starting the guy unless theres a major injury crisis to our main strikers. 

Well Adams is oot, so that changes things..

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, csinclair said:

Asked a pal who's a Stoke fan about Brown and he rates him but says he's suffered this season from a mix of injury, change in manager and change in formation. He played his best stuff last season playing as a striker or part of a front 3 and then this season they've changed system a lot and in some games found himself being played at wing back

Stoke have continued to underachieve this season.  Dwight Gayle played for my local non league team for a while so I've followed his career with interest. Prolific goalscorer in the Championship but since signing from Newcastle he's hardly scored a goal. Maybe Brown suffering from problems affecting the whole team.

We're making Liam Delap look like an absolute fucking pudding so Jacob Brown has no chance!

Alex Neil likes playing wingers apparently but we haven't got one let alone two - hopefully sort that out in January and Brown et al can start locating a bovine's backside with a string instrument again.

Rangers u16s beat Celtic 4-1 I the cup final today, apparently the lad Jack wylie was a different class, also another full back, apparently he has a host of prem clubs offering serious money to get him down south.

The Championship podcast has been debating the best centre backs in the championship so far, they are debating a choice of 6 with 3 being Scots Dom Hyam, Michael rose and Liam Lindsay.

Edited by syecosse

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Flip flopping at that age group seems to be fairly common these days. I know Man City especially encourage their youths to get as much international exposure as possible. 

Surely our 3rd highest cap and former captain will be doing his best to sway his son in our direction long term. Anyway, we don't even know if he is any good.

53 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I fear a classic case of if he's not good enough for England, we will get the dibs on him.

On that note, we should cap Elliot Anderson ASAP

That's still not enough, I'm afraid.

Rule changes a few years ago mean that he's only tied to us after three senior caps in competitive games. It is a shite rule but there we are, unfortunately.

If it were up to me one cap (friendly or competitive) would be enough. In fact I'd go further and make an U21 cap enough to tie you down for life.

14 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That's still not enough, I'm afraid.

Rule changes a few years ago mean that he's only tied to us after three senior caps in competitive games. It is a shite rule but there we are, unfortunately.

If it were up to me one cap (friendly or competitive) would be enough. In fact I'd go further and make an U21 cap enough to tie you down for life.

It really is an appalling rule. Presumably you could play for a team, help them qualify and then change allegiance in the actual competition and play against the team you helped qualify. That's mad.

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Seems to be a trend, Gunn, Weir, Gray, now Fletcher. Hopefully some of them might see the light.

It's a shame, but nowhere near as infuriating as seeing that fud Harry Souttar playing in the World Cup for fecking Australia. At least those other boys are playing for the country where they were born and raised.

15 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It's a shame, but nowhere near as infuriating as seeing that fud Harry Souttar playing in the World Cup for fecking Australia. At least those other boys are playing for the country where they were born and raised.

Cummings on the bench and Boyle would have been there as well bar for injury. 

27 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Might be a fud but he seems on this showing to be on a higher level than Grant Hanley. 

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Cummings on the bench and Boyle would have been there as well bar for injury. 

Cummings is no great loss and Boyle I can forgive, because he'd been overlooked by Scotland for years (although he'd probably have been capped eventually). Souttar though threw his toys out the pram because he was overlooked for an U21 squad. He'd have almost certainly been capped by Scotland by now but if he can turn his back on his country after a slight setback like that it's doubtful how committed he'd be anyway.

Australia have five players in their squad who could of played for us. As well as Boyle, Cummings (who did play for us) and Souttar, they have Jamie MacLaren and Jackson Irvine (or Err-Vine as the English commentators are calling him), who were both capped by us at youth level.

29 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Cummings is no great loss and Boyle I can forgive, because he'd been overlooked by Scotland for years (although he'd probably have been capped eventually). Souttar though threw his toys out the pram because he was overlooked for an U21 squad. He'd have almost certainly been capped by Scotland by now but if he can turn his back on his country after a slight setback like that it's doubtful how committed he'd be anyway.

Australia have five players in their squad who could HAVE played for us. As well as Boyle, Cummings (who did play for us) and Souttar, they have Jamie MacLaren and Jackson Irvine (or Err-Vine as the English commentators are calling him), who were both capped by us at youth level.

And a cheek to pick up on a pronunciation 

32 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Neither of the Souttar brothers can seem to go a full season without getting a serious injury.

Wouldn't be surprised if both retire early.

May well be so. I guess it's their height, lankiness, though Crouch seemed to be no more injured than anyone else.

55 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

If he was that good he wouldnt be at stoke. Every player can play well occasionally, even our centre backs have good games every so often.

Before his ACL injury last season he was being quoted for a move to Spurs and £25m was being banded about. He is a decent player and hopefully he does get that big move because that means we get a big sell on fee!  If he stays injury free he will be a big loss for Scotland 

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

The three mentioned had fathers who played for Scotland and two of them were captains. It is far more infuriating, and, in my view, is a serious disrespect to the fathers.