Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 197 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

7 hours ago, Kirk said:

Sensible post and totally agree

Sensible? It's full of hyperbolic shite. 

Mcburnie is on form but he had a purple patch prior to this. If he's cut out the childish behaviour and retains the form into 2023 then absolutely call him up. 

I don't see much hatred for the guy, I see plenty of people criticising his behaviour. Anyone who refuses to do a huddle in the English championship because its like celtic or openly mocks international football is showing an extremely high level of immaturity. If he's stopped all that then fair enough. I am sure Steve Clarke will know whether he has or not

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Sensible? It's full of hyperbolic shite. 

Mcburnie is on form but he had a purple patch prior to this. If he's cut out the childish behaviour and retains the form into 2023 then absolutely call him up. 

I don't see much hatred for the guy, I see plenty of people criticising his behaviour. Anyone who refuses to do a huddle in the English championship because its like celtic or openly mocks international football is showing an extremely high level of immaturity. If he's stopped all that then fair enough. I am sure Steve Clarke will know whether he has or not

The guys a fanny but I really don't care about that if he turns up and plays well. On his current form he should be in the squad. People are writing him off from previous efforts which is daft. He played in some terrible scotland teams with horrible negative tactics at times

15 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Don't really get the outright hate for McBurnie...yes, he has been a bit of a fud at times and yes he hasn't scored for his country yet, but we literally have strikers being named who have 5 goals at English Championship level as being undoubtedly a better option than him.

McBurnie has scored 10 time the amount of goals as Ross Stewart (and I'm not dismissing Stewart at all, as I've liked him since his Ross County days) at Championship level or above.

To point blank refuse to believe that McBurnie may be an option is baffling...but then it's the TAMB and there are umpteen folk on here that wouldn't know a fitba player if it kicked them in the mouth.

Aye...10 times

54 minutes ago, Kirk said:

The guys a fanny but I really don't care about that if he turns up and plays well. On his current form he should be in the squad. People are writing him off from previous efforts which is daft. He played in some terrible scotland teams with horrible negative tactics at times

He was in clarkes teams when he first took over right up to and after the serbia match. He played several games after the serbia match one of which was 90mins v slovenia or slovakia. He got plenty of chances in what was an improving scotland side and he was always poor. Also whats these negative tactics you talk about. Are you suggesting the 352 we played somehow hampered his form. Even if it did he should still be able to do the basics right which dykes manages to do.

Dykes and mcburnie both came into the setup at a similar time and its such a contrast watching both play for scotland. Dykes holds up the ball really well and contributes with goals and assists. He has a 1 in the 3 record. Most games i have watched dykes play for scotland i am impressed by how well he performs considering hes just a championship player who doesnt exactly bang loads in at that level. 

I am all for mcburnie getting another chance in the squad but it seems like everyones forgotten how poor he played in the games he got. 

McBurnie may or may not be a fanny but if he is he'd hardly be alone amongst professional footballers in that respect.

The WhoScored stats website rates him as one of the best Championship players so far this season.  However, all the McBurnie-haters can breathe a sigh of relief: he hasn't been included in the squad.  The bang-average Jacob Brown has, however, but maybe he isn't a fanny, since that's apparently more important.

7 minutes ago, scotlad said:

McBurnie may or may not be a fanny but if he is he'd hardly be alone amongst professional footballers in that respect.

The WhoScored stats website rates him as one of the best Championship players so far this season.  However, all the McBurnie-haters can breathe a sigh of relief: he hasn't been included in the squad.  The bang-average Jacob Brown has, however, but maybe he isn't a fanny, since that's apparently more important.

Whats important is how poor mcburnie played for scotland in every game bar 1. I take it you watch nearly all our games like i do?

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Whats important is how poor mcburnie played for scotland in every game bar 1. I take it you watch nearly all our games like i do?

Yep.  And I accept that it's fair to say he's hardly set the heather alight so far.  However, players can improve over time and he appears to be one of them. Personally, I'd give him another chance.

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Yep.  And I accept that it's fair to say he's hardly set the heather alight so far.  However, players can improve over time and he appears to be one of them. Personally, I'd give him another chance.

The mcburnie subject always seems to descend into me slagging the guy but i really dont mind him on a personal level. I actually wouldnt mind him getting a chance again especially if his club form is amazing but there would have to be few injuries before he would get much gametime and he would have to perform really well. I just cant see it happening, guys like dykes and adams have proved they are a better option and if stewart or conway was to come in and play well then hes further down the pecking order. 

34 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Replying to yourself lol?

You can go online and see the amount of goals each player has scored in their career. Interestingly stewart has scored more but obviously mcburnies been playing a higher level. 

Aye and he's he's scored 10 times the amount Stewart has done at the level they both current play at

49 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He was in clarkes teams when he first took over right up to and after the serbia match. He played several games after the serbia match one of which was 90mins v slovenia or slovakia. He got plenty of chances in what was an improving scotland side and he was always poor. Also whats these negative tactics you talk about. Are you suggesting the 352 we played somehow hampered his form. Even if it did he should still be able to do the basics right which dykes manages to do.

Dykes and mcburnie both came into the setup at a similar time and its such a contrast watching both play for scotland. Dykes holds up the ball really well and contributes with goals and assists. He has a 1 in the 3 record. Most games i have watched dykes play for scotland i am impressed by how well he performs considering hes just a championship player who doesnt exactly bang loads in at that level. 

I am all for mcburnie getting another chance in the squad but it seems like everyones forgotten how poor he played in the games he got. 

Basically played a B team against Slovakia. 

51 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

His early days in the squad we were playing dull unattractive football and he was often left up tom himself with no support. Its all good playing a ball up to someone to hold up but when nobody is around to then take the ball it is pointless. The beginning under clarke was grim. We got results but the football was fucking terrible at times. 

You don't like him and think hes been shite and thats fair enough. I think he has been poor much of the time but the team as a whole were pretty poor a lot of those times too. 

Hes now in form and more than deserves to come back into the fold. We don't have anyone else scoring many goals really.

No idea what happened above, was meant to say Ramsey hopefully starting also.

Seen on who scored the best performing u21s 11 players in the EFL included jensen Weir loan at Morecombe from Brighton and Kyle Joseph on loan at Oxford from Swansea.