Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 191 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

34 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Its true that barely any non old firm strikers hit more than 25 in a season. Griffiths did it in recent years but i think thats it unless someone can name another. 

Derek Riordan achieved that feat in the green of the Hibernians 

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

I mean everything. I'd be surprised if any non-old firm player had exceeded 30. 

I was referring to all competitions as well. I'm not saying he won't end up on 25-30, but I'd be pretty shocked if he did. Not to be 'that' guy, but how many of those 11 are penalties? 11 is impressive regardless, though. 

Boyd would have done it with killie had he not left in the January IMO.

4 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

That's quite the statement. Shankland will not score more than 25 goals this season. If he gets anywhere near that then he'll obviously be straight back into the squad.

Has any player not playing for the old firm scored 30 goals in a season this century? Genuine question. Griffiths got something like 28 for Hibs then was immediately signed by Celtic. 

Wasn't sure if you meant Scottish non Old Firm players or not.

Englishman Michael Higdon has done it at Motherwell. Tommy Coyne has also done whilst at Dundee but of course he played for RoI.

But if you meant the most recent Scottish non Old Firm players to score more than twenty five in a season ....

Joe Harper of Aberdeen scored thirty three league goals in the 1971/72 season.

The late Alan Gordon of Hibs scored twenty seven league goals in the 1972/73 season.

Kenny Cameron of Dundee Utd scored twenty six league goals in the 1968/69 season.

If any of that is wrong then i am more than happy to see it corrected.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

52 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Wasn't sure if you meant Scottish non Old Firm players or not.

Englishman Michael Higdon has done it at Motherwell. Tommy Coyne has also done whilst at Dundee but of course he played for RoI.

But if you meant the most recent Scottish non Old Firm players to score more than twenty five in a season ....

Joe Harper of Aberdeen scored thirty three league goals in the 1971/72 season.

The late Alan Gordon of Hibs scored twenty seven league goals in the 1972/73 season.

Kenny Cameron of Dundee Utd scored twenty six league goals in the 1968/69 season.

If any of that is wrong then i am more than happy to see it corrected.

I did say this century, but wasn't only talking about Scots. So Michael Higdon and Leigh Griffiths would be the only ones since 2000 to go over 25? Though I did say 30 goals. I think he ended on 27 goals. I don't think anyone has been over 30.

But, yes, anything above 25 would be deemed elite outwith the old firm. Anything above 15 is pretty impressive to be honest.

14 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

Another star performance from Ben Doak for Liverpool u19s. Goal and an assist against Napoli in the UEFA Youth League.

Barry Hepburn has also scored for Bayern u19s.

Ben Doak has really hit the ground running for Liverpool which is seriously impressive - hell of a long way to go and no guarantee he will become anything but the boy has a serious chance and with a lot of hard work and a lot of luck hopefully will have a great career ahead of him 

Out of interest is he from the performance school 

2 minutes ago, borojock said:

Ben Doak has really hit the ground running for Liverpool which is seriously impressive - hell of a long way to go and no guarantee he will become anything but the boy has a serious chance and with a lot of hard work and a lot of luck hopefully will have a great career ahead of him 

Out of interest is he from the performance school 

I believe so. He had already made a first team appearance for Celtic and there has been whispers that he will be there or thereabouts the Liverpool first team in the near future. Extremely promising!