Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 180 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Great, just what we need, another fullback! 

:bouncy: :bouncy: 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be really interesting to see the profile of subsequent squads after the success of this triple header. Barring emergencies I think we’ve seen the last of O Donnell and possibly Cooper. I could see Hanley jacking it in as well if he’s only coming along as a squad player.

1 minute ago, Rab The Crab said:

Going to be really interesting to see the profile of subsequent squads after the success of this triple header. Barring emergencies I think we’ve seen the last of O Donnell and possibly Cooper. I could see Hanley jacking it in as well if he’s only coming along as a squad player.

Doubt if Hanley will ever jack it in.

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Doubt if Hanley will ever jack it in.

Wouldn’t be so sure, I seem to recall Daryl Broadfoot discussing him on Sportsound at the start of Clarke’s reign and stated that Hanley took a bit convincing to come back into the fold due to some of the abuse he’d taken earlier in his career.

Dom Hyam was man of the match again.

Had a look at how Tom Clayton was getting on at Swindon, u21 regular and Liverpool U23 captain last season, made a move to Swindon to start playing regular football, apparently has been excellent, so hopefully kicks on up the leagues. 

19 hours ago, syecosse said:

Thought Ramsey may struggle to get in at Liverpool because of trent-alexander but he has been awful again so far for Liverpool.

Tom Mcintyre on the score sheet for Reading. 

Sounds like Tierney did well off the bench for Arsenal.

According to Flashscores, Ramsey is no longer listed in the Liverpool squad.

Not calling for this lad to be called up, but worth the watch, Andy Irving, not actually seen him play, but he has 2 goals and 4 assists in the last 5 games in the Austrian league his side are 5th Klagenfurt, not bad and someone who may earn a decent move if he keeps it up.

Understand Jordan Holsgrove has been very good, despite his side 2nd bottom of the Portuguese top league packs de ferreira.

On 10/1/2022 at 3:44 PM, syecosse said:

Thought Ramsey may struggle to get in at Liverpool because of trent-alexander but he has been awful again so far for Liverpool.

Tom Mcintyre on the score sheet for Reading. 

Sounds like Tierney did well off the bench for Arsenal.

Kopp was talking him up recently, saying he's training well and will go to play for the u23s to get match fitness. He's had no preseason and a couple of injuries. I doubt Ramsey is seen until after the World Cup. I can see him starting the FA Cup game in January. 

15 hours ago, todd said:

According to Flashscores, Ramsey is no longer listed in the Liverpool squad.

You seriously call that a source ?

In actual fact, Ramsay was training with the first team during the week during which Klopp said he liked what he saw and hinted at first team action this season for Ramsay.

His squad number is 22. Ramsay is very much part of the Liverpool squad.

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You seriously call that a source ?

In actual fact, Ramsay was training with the first team during the week during which Klopp said he liked what he saw and hinted at first team action this season for Ramsay.

His squad number is 22. Ramsay is very much part of the Liverpool squad.

I didn't call it anything, I just said what I read on Flashscores! It had previously shown him as a squad member but then he wasn't.  I thought perhaps something had happened I was unaware of, that's why I posted it, assuming somebody on here may have some info.  But as per usual up pops yourself with your usual snarky twatiness.  We can't all be the font of all knowledge like you, you self righteous bellend! 

On 10/2/2022 at 1:08 PM, romanticscot said:

McBurnie is welcome back in the squad if his form deserves it. Right now, he would make my 25. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Can’t see him getting a call up anytime soon. His form will go off a cliff again soon & that’s not counting the next mental/arsehole thing he does too

55 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Can’t see him getting a call up anytime soon. His form will go off a cliff again soon & that’s not counting the next mental/arsehole thing he does too

As things stand id have him 5th choice striker behind Adams, Dykes, Brown and Stewart however Stewart is only ahead of him for a squad as we havent seen what he is capable of. McBurnie actually has abit going for him in that he has caps, has been in several squads and therefore knows Clarkes system, ehats expected of him etc. 

Obviously the main reason he isnt in the squad anymore is that he never scored for Scotland and then his club form fell off a cliff. If the club form comes back like it appears to be doing then theres no reason why we wont see him getting more caps.

Im not his biggest fan but equally I think the criticism he gets is unfair. He played well in several games and was unlucky not to get the goal at times. He also took play off penalty which cant have been easy.

Id like to think we will continue to have better options than him but decent back ups is never a bad thing. Especially ones with a point to prove.