Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 178 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

25 minutes ago, csinclair said:

If Hanley is injured then I'd be looking at replacing him with Hyam

18 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Mcintyre at Reading is another doing well in the Championship.

Hyam would be the best replacement for Hanley as they are both right footed players.

If someone like McKenna (left footed) pulls out then McIntyre is the ideal replacement.

Hyam did say in an interview only last year that he would love to play for Scotland, so it's good to know he's keen.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh hes probably the main contender to replace him if needed. Cant think of too many others who might be worth a shout. Maybe rose at coventry or lindsay at preston. 

Stephen Welsh if he was playing. Shame he’s out the frame at Celtic he’s very good every time he plays 

19 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Its pretty clear that conway could turn into the goalscorer we need. I dont remember the last time we had a 20 year old striker scoring this many goals in the championship. Another 3 or 4 goals in the next 2 months and he would have to be picked for the main squad. He might have a big decision to make soon on wether he wants accept a call up from our main squad or hold out hopes of maybe playing for england one day. Obviously its clear for us that scotland should be his choice but the lad is born and bred english and only qualifies through his grandad. Hes gonna have to make a career defining choice pretty soon because england will probably have eyes on him if he keeps this up.

England have just called up Ivan Toney from the Prem so he has quite a queue to join with Abraham and Calvert-Lewin also young and in the frame.

11 hours ago, daviebee said:

He also spent a lot of time with an invisible James Forrest in front of him giving him fck all of an option for an out ball.

The only really bad one I remember was v the Czechs in the Euros.  Other than that there was no need for the guy to get the level of abuse he did as he was no worse than most of the rest of them.

Agree, Forrest another waste of a jersey for us for the most part. Too used to playing in a team that were dominant and never knew how to work hard to support back etc. Also so unreliable with a final ball 

22 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Rhodes was 22 when he started scoring goals in the championship. He did score 40 goals at league1 when he was 21 which was impressive tbf. Conways only just turned 20 and can clearly cut it at championship level already.

Rhodes should really have been given more chances with us and i think most of us expected him to move up to the epl and do well there but it never seemed to happen for him unfortunately.

Conway might go the same way as rhodes but hes certainly got a better chance at making it at a high level than any of our other young strikers. If he carrys on scoring at this rate then he will be bought in january by an epl club.

Lets hope hes the real deal because we need a goalscorer.

Yeah just meant he was fairly young and scoring lots. He should have been given much more of a chance for us, we were crying out for scorers back then.......still are

Lots of Scot’s in action tonight McGinn and adams wading through treacle it seems. What has happened to McGinn at Villa .

mckenna and forest shipping goals to Fulham with a good 25 left. 

apart from Nathan Patterson most of our squad just seem to be hopeless for their clubs or not playing. 
just as well we do not pick on clubform .

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Lots of Scot’s in action tonight McGinn and adams wading through treacle it seems. What has happened to McGinn at Villa .

apart from Nathan Patterson most of our squad just seem to be hopeless for their clubs or not playing. 

They were in fine club form before they played well for us. I don't think it is a very good assumption that they will play well for us when not playing well for their clubs.

Anyway Mcginn is playing fine tonight and Adams has been better than anything else we have up front all season.

We will probably have to play McKenna but such is life.

McTominay is ever present for Man United and if your are prepared to believe their fans playing the best football of his career. Keeping some £70,000,000 63 times capped Brazilian out of the team no less.

McGregor, Taylor Gordon Hanley and Hickey are all doing fine too.

20 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

His manager doesn't play him in his best position, that's the problem.

I thought he did okay last night. He can play in the position Gerrard asks him to play, in the same way you can use a fork to cut a steak. McGinn is much better playing where he plays for us.

57 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Mc Burnie again......4 goals in 5 games.

Should have been in the squad, IMO.

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He was terrible for scotland. I am all for giving the guy another chance but his club form would have to be really good for at least 6 months before i would call him up.

I agree, but I think he is a confidence player, needs a goal to kick on, maybe worth an appearance against a smaller nation to hopefully get a goal and hopefully that would be the confidence he needs. 

Another striker that maybe worth looking how he progresses is Ben House 23, scored a double today, joined Lincoln from Non league Eastleigh in January but got injured, Lincoln fans think they have found a gem, gets played on the wings a lot on the wings also, fans desperate for him to play main striker. Played for Scotland u21. 

45 minutes ago, syecosse said:

I agree, but I think he is a confidence player, needs a goal to kick on, maybe worth an appearance against a smaller nation to hopefully get a goal and hopefully that would be the confidence he needs. 

Another striker that maybe worth looking how he progresses is Ben House 23, scored a double today, joined Lincoln from Non league Eastleigh in January but got injured, Lincoln fans think they have found a gem, gets played on the wings a lot on the wings also, fans desperate for him to play main striker. Played for Scotland u21. 

Played as a forward last 2 games and has scored 3 goals, fans might be right.

17 hours ago, scotlad said:

His manager doesn't play him in his best position, that's the problem.

I thought he did okay last night. He can play in the position Gerrard asks him to play, in the same way you can use a fork to cut a steak. McGinn is much better playing where he plays for us.

Should have been in the squad, IMO.

McBurnie shouldn’t have been anywhere near the squad