Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 167 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

16 caps and zero goals.

He's had his chance(s).

Nothing quite like having an open mind. I agree hes been honking for us however as a country that has a small playing pool and struggling with strikers i think its narrow minded to write off any player for us. Especially in a position where we chronically short and have been for years

Lets say he goes on a run and smashes 25 goals in this season (i appreciate highly unlikely but would be great if he did) are we still suggesting he's had his chance and thats it 

What happens if 3 of our strikers end up getting ruled out of the next bunch of matches which isnt implausible we're then left scraps  

Guys been bad for us but still only 26 and if he buckled down could end uo making something of himself and i for one really hope he and all the other players on the fringe of our squad do 

8 minutes ago, borojock said:

Nothing quite like having an open mind. I agree hes been honking for us however as a country that has a small playing pool and struggling with strikers i think its narrow minded to write off any player for us. Especially in a position where we chronically short and have been for years

Lets say he goes on a run and smashes 25 goals in this season (i appreciate highly unlikely but would be great if he did) are we still suggesting he's had his chance and thats it 

What happens if 3 of our strikers end up getting ruled out of the next bunch of matches which isnt implausible we're then left scraps  

Guys been bad for us but still only 26 and if he buckled down could end uo making something of himself and i for one really hope he and all the other players on the fringe of our squad do 

Fantasy land stuff.

A reminder that we also have Shankland back scoring goals for Hearts, Nisbet due back from injury in a couple of months and Hornby to watch in Belgium where he scored his first at the weekend.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Fantasy land stuff.

A reminder that we also have Shankland back scoring goals for Hearts, Nisbet due back from injury in a couple of months and Hornby to watch in Belgium where he scored his first at the weekend.

Have you named those 3 players to validate the point that i was making that were chronically short and shouldn't rule any player out 

Fraser Hornby scored 6 goals in 3 seasons 

Lawrence Shankland who had a great couple of seasons in the championship and not done much else goals wise once you take penalties away 

Kevin Nisbet great season with Raith in league one and Dunfermline championship  

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh just saw it, Billy in from the cold, suppose its good news. 

Going to watch Patterson i think & good news about the 3 youngsters starting for Rangers. 

I actually dont think it is. Its clear he isnt rated by Tuchel. He is only on the bench because Chelsea have injuries and suspensions. Id rather he was well out in the cold to force a move rather than getting false hope or being kept around for emergencies.

21 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Fantasy land stuff.

Nothing wrong with having a negative opinion about McBurnie, but you are on the wind up with the three names you suggest.

Perhaps it's sarcasm and you have named two or three awful players to empathise how bad you think McBurnie is.

33 minutes ago, borojock said:

Have you named those 3 players to validate the point that i was making that were chronically short and shouldn't rule any player out 

Fraser Hornby scored 6 goals in 3 seasons 

Lawrence Shankland who had a great couple of seasons in the championship and not done much else goals wise once you take penalties away 

Kevin Nisbet great season with Raith in league one and Dunfermline championship  

In fairness to Nisbet he did have a decent start to his time in the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

According to Fotmob, looks like Hickey and Patterson played well tonight

Looking at twitter both are becoming fan favourites, Adams apparently bulied the Chelsea defence, Leon King also impressive it seems.

Devine and Ure also seem mostly positive with Ure getting a debut goal. 

Tuchel just made a point about the weakness of the bench in responce to a question about needing new signings before the deadline. If Gilmour isnt demanding a move 1st thing tomorrow then something wrong with him.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Tuchel just made a point about the weakness of the bench in responce to a question about needing new signings before the deadline. If Gilmour isnt demanding a move 1st thing tomorrow then something wrong with him.

In most other industries the way Tuchel has treated Gilmour and some of the others would be regarded as bullying. The man's a prick.

57 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Two right backs looking like regular starters in the EPL, didn't see that coming! 

Hickey seemingly at fault for the Palace goal though.

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry OlicBurnie fans but he os behind Che Adams, Lyndon Dykes, Ross Stewart, Jacob Brown, Lawrence Shankland, Ryan Fraser and even Oliver Burke. Since when did Scotland select a squad with more than four strikers?

Probably behind a fit Nisbet as well. Plus, Lewis Morgan is making a very solid case in the USA at the moment.

I think it'll be as you were for the next set of games: Dykes, Adams, Stewart and Brown. But I can see those 4 being rotated out in future squads, depending on form.

14 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Probably behind a fit Nisbet as well. Plus, Lewis Morgan is making a very solid case in the USA at the moment.

I think it'll be as you were for the next set of games: Dykes, Adams, Stewart and Brown. But I can see those 4 being rotated out in future squads, depending on form.

Yes of course. Fans should look at what McBurnie has shown he cannot fo at international level - score. His off-field antics too ate not becoming of someone in our squad. He had his chances and blew them. If he was a goalscoring machine for us I would perhaps be more accommodating but he is not. Picking him would be a bog syep backwards. 

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Brighton being mentioned, they have a good manager who I believe would help gilmour. I agree tho,he needs to get the fuck out.

I hope he doesn't come back to Scotland 

20 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Since we don't have the Like button anymore, it is hard to know if posts like this are well read. I assure you that analysis like this is very much appreciated and part of the reason I visit this forum. 

To respond to the post, I think we are actually in quite a healthy position in terms of Centre Backs, where we aren't in panic stations about young players breaking through. The likes of McKenna, Souttar, Hendry and Tierney are more than good enough to hold the fort for the next few years. So Morrison, King, Smith etc can all take their time and develop before being thrown in the deep end.

Right back also seems to be resolved as well. I'm much more worried about goalkeeper and striker than centre back.

Very kind, glad it was appreciated!

40 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hickey had a great game, done for the goal though. 

Looks to have put on some muscle

Hickey stood out aye and him and Zaha had a right ding dong throughout.  Think his team mates didn't do him many favours in the goal as he tried to show Zaha down the line as much as possible and nobody doubled up to block him cutting inside and whipping it in as he likes doing.  Looks to have beefed up defo, his technique is mint and footballing brain for his age is absolute quality - can see him going to the big boys if this carries on.  

Patterson was brilliant in the Everton game flicking between the two - Harrison did him once and he span straight around and worked his arse off to block the cross.  Him and that Onana in midfield really stood out for Everton.  

Hopefully Gilmour gets out of Chelsea too because Tuchel is a penis.