Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 159 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SteveMcD said:

Ollie Burke gets the 96th minute equaliser for Werder Bremen as they draw 2-2 with VfB Stuttgart.

Brilliant. Let's hope this is the beginning of him becoming a starter for them.

A lot of Scots on display today. I can see us having even more players getting game time regularly at decent clubs than last season.

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Ben Doak was really impressive on his Liverpool u18 debut, Middlesbrough apparently could not deal with him, fans on twitter raving about him but saying should not be playing u18 football. 

Nathan Patterson again has been good for Everton despite their loss. 

Good stuff, Doak could be a special player 🤞 

Great news also Patterson starting & doing well & as someone else has said it's pretty mental we've gone from having such limited right sided  options to having 2 starters & 1 on the bench Ashby in the EPL so quickly.

20 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Brilliant. Let's hope this is the beginning of him becoming a starter for them.

A lot of Scots on display today. I can see us having even more players getting game time regularly at decent clubs than last season.

Great news!

Tierney on for the last 15 minutes for Arsenal. Looked good and played a couple of nicely weighted passes.

Incidentally, he came on to replace Zinchenko, who had played superbly. Will be interesting to see how Arteta accomodates them both now that Tierney is fit again?

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Hickey starts for Brentford; McTominay on the bench for Manchester United, who are currently losing 2-0. It'll be interesting to see who gets blamed this week. 🤔

3-0 now. My guess is McTominay will be thrown on with 10 minutes to play and 'McFred' will be held responsible?

2 hours ago, SteveMcD said:

Ollie Burke gets the 96th minute equaliser for Werder Bremen as they draw 2-2 with VfB Stuttgart.

8 scots playing in premier league today

Robbo and McKenna will play sun/ Mon 

Making it ten 

2 playing in serie A

and guid auld Olli Burke playing in bundesleague.

That's the best we have had in years.          ( this century 🤔

Edited by stocky

1 hour ago, mcguffin said:

3-0 now. My guess is McTominay will be thrown on with 10 minutes to play and 'McFred' will be held responsible?

Good guess another bad mct day though . He will be free to do the same headless chicken stuff for Scotland in about a month with absolutely no implications for him.

53 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Good guess another bad mct day though . He will be free to do the same headless chicken stuff for Scotland in about a month with absolutely no implications for him.

No implications for him today that's for sure as they where losing 4-0 before he came on! 

2 hours ago, stocky said:

8 scots playing in premier league today

Robbo and McKenna will play sun/ Mon 

Making it ten 

2 playing in serie A

and guid auld Olli Burke playing in bundesleague.

That's the best we have had in years.          ( this century 🤔

Lots of players playing at a good level although I’m not convinced by our centre midfield at this moment in time. Gilmour not playing at all. Him and McGregor look lightweight against decent opposition. Not convinced by Mctominay after the Dublin horror show. I’m not sure who can come in the next few matches. 

4 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Now that's my type of football player!

In seriousness though the lad has a fair football brain on him for a 20 year old - different position but shades of Lambert about him in that regard and it can't be coached. 

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

Lots of players playing at a good level although I’m not convinced by our centre midfield at this moment in time. Gilmour not playing at all. Him and McGregor look lightweight against decent opposition. Not convinced by Mctominay after the Dublin horror show. I’m not sure who can come in the next few matches. 

Our so called quality midfield always looks in trouble against better opposition , not convinced Clarke will do much about it as he seems fixed on his favourites .

we cannot pick gilmour if he is rotting away at Chelsea dough nothing and mctominay continues to have his nightmares 

11 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

mctominay continues to have his nightmares 

He was on a hiding to nothing, coming on for the second half at 4-0 down. They'd been bullied all over the park but he at least brought some aggression and tackling, getting a yellow for his troubles. But they didn't lose any more goals...

Hickey was very good. How many players have done a season in Serie A as a left back then a season in England as a right back? 😂 I noticed how comfortable he was using his left foot as much as his right. He looks a complete footballer and he could easily play in midfield if required. 

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

He was on a hiding to nothing, coming on for the second half at 4-0 down. They'd been bullied all over the park but he at least brought some aggression and tackling, getting a yellow for his troubles. But they didn't lose any more goals...

Hickey was very good. How many players have done a season in Serie A as a left back then a season in England as a right back? 😂 I noticed how comfortable he was using his left foot as much as his right. He looks a complete footballer and he could easily play in midfield if required. 

Great to hear! I watched a few Bologna games last season and was knocked out by Hickey's two-footedness and his ability to play so well on the left or right. Could he play midfield? Why not?

As for McTominay, from a selfish Scottish point of view, he'll be be learning a lot playing against tactically modern teams like Brighton and Brentford. Besides, he'll learn from Ten Hag and from training  with the likes of Varane and Ericksen.

22 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

As for McTominay, from a selfish Scottish point of view, he'll be be learning a lot playing against tactically modern teams like Brighton and Brentford. Besides, he'll learn from Ten Hag and from training  with the likes of Varane and Ericksen.

Nah that does not wash with me. He has played under several top notch managers at United without it having a great effect on his performances for Scotland. It is not about learning for me it is about playing regularly in a confident team playing good football, feeling appreciated by management and fans allowing him to build some confidence which is shattered at United. He should jump ship at the first opportunity.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Nah that does not wash with me. He has played under several top notch managers at United without it having a great effect on his performances for Scotland. It is not about learning for me it is about playing regularly in a confident team playing good football, feeling appreciated by management and fans allowing him to build some confidence which is shattered at United. He should jump ship at the first opportunity.

Yes, you may well have a point. Time's maybe running out for him jumping ship in this transfer window unfortunately? So he might have to make the best of it where he is for while yet?

On a more positive note, I'm watching Nottingham Forest vs West Ham. McKenna playing on the left of a back three. Moves up wide left when Nottingham are attacking (reminds me a wee bit of the role Tierney plays for Scotland). Looking a class act so far.