Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 145 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

43 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Jack had an off night too but I believe he is good enough to merit a squad place with Scotland, Wright does not.  I am still in disbelief he makes it into a rangers starting 11 let alone their match day squad for a europa league final

Not sure about Jack. The jury is out on that one. Had high hopes for him, but some of his recent performances have been ineffectual. Pretty poor against Austria away in his last game. Hope he can get back to what we know he is capable of. He certainly has the talent when playing at the top of his game. 

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Not sure about Jack. The jury is out on that one. Had high hopes for him, but some of his recent performances have been ineffectual. Pretty poor against Austria away in his last game. Hope he can get back to what we know he is capable of. He certainly has the talent when playing at the top of his game. 

Yes at present he's definitely in as back-up in the midfield. Hoping he can regain form if called upon in the coming few weeks.

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Fiorini and Slicker shock call ups with larger squad.

From what I’ve seen of Slicker, he is mikes off the full squad but saying that, we don’t have many decent young keepers just now. Would also be very surprised to see Fiorini in full squad. 

Jack's form has been decent in my view.  Of more concern is his fitness. He rarely does more than 60 or 70 minutes before being subbed. I think he is likely to be used from bench for semi final and final (if we get through).

22 minutes ago, Michael said:

Jack's form has been decent in my view.  Of more concern is his fitness. He rarely does more than 60 or 70 minutes before being subbed. I think he is likely to be used from bench for semi final and final (if we get through).

He will only get on if one of our midfield gets injured or we get into a fantastic position and are leading 2 or 3-0 and Clarke wants to rest players. He could very well start in the Nations League matches as squad rotation will come into play.

I say this as a Rangers fan. Scott Wright shouldn't be near the squad squad next month.

He had a decent tactical semi final performance and got a league goal. He also wasn't the worst player last night but he's only done half decent for a few games.

I'd also be very surprised if he isn't back down to a 3rd/4th choice back up next season at Rangers. If he isn't and kicks on, I'll hold my hands up and say fair play give him a cap. I don't really see it though tbh.

2 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I say this as a Rangers fan. Scott Wright shouldn't be near the squad squad next month.

He had a decent tactical semi final performance and got a league goal. He also wasn't the worst player last night but he's only done half decent for a few games.

I'd also be very surprised if he isn't back down to a 3rd/4th choice back up next season at Rangers. If he isn't and kicks on, I'll hold my hands up and say fair play give him a cap. I don't really see it though tbh.

Only way i see him getting in the squad is if theres loads of injuries. Hes not a bad player but i am surprised he gets a game for rangers. 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

McGinn making Villa tick tonight. Went close with a couple of lovely efforts from outside the box.

Was playing further forward today. 

I think if he played that position all the time Villa would benefit to the extent of being European challengers. 

He is definitely good enough to play for any of the top EPL teams bar Liverpool and Manchester city. 

21 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Was playing further forward today. 

I think if he played that position all the time Villa would benefit to the extent of being European challengers. 

He is definitely good enough to play for any of the top EPL teams bar Liverpool and Manchester city. 

Partly agree but if James Milner can play for Liverpool so can Mcginn

Watching last night he put in a typical all-action display which included cracking shots, great crosses, great link-up play and cutting passes. Villa though do not have the players to take advantage of his play. There are growing rumours linking him to Spurs which would be a great move and Champions League football next year. I hope that comes to fruition otherwise next year will be another year of stagnating at a club going nowhere. McGinn deserves so much better.

27 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I see gilmore has gone back to Chelsea for assessment after rolling his ankle, hopefully nothing to worry about 

I hope not. (Maybe it is a convenient opportunity for Chelsea to bring Billy Gilmour's loan to Norwich to an end a few days early? )