Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 139 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Still odd though. They are compiled on ratings added by fans/supporters and his was the only very low score whilst rest of Rangers team got a score around 6 or 7 (Lowry score 4.17).

Seems as good a place as any to use as a basis for a constant ratings system. 

I think people get carried away watching just the one player they want to do well. 

I use who scored as a rough guide and it will pretty much have the players in order of ability at the end of the season. 

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowry had a decent game. I was a little surprised he got motm. He had some good moments and made some great moves and passes, but his shooting was poor and misplaced a few passes. He set up a penalty and we probably should have gotten another penalty from his through ball.

I think he needs to work on his shooting in a low block situation. He was trying to shoot on the curl across goal but when there are 4 players trying to close you down. It doesn't work. Just need to rattle it low to goal.

What I liked though was even when Lowry's through ball never came off, he was never afraid to try a killer ball the next time he had the ball. So many players would retreat into their shell and start playing safe passes. A very impressive mentality for an 18 year old making just his second start.

His pass accuracy will be lower just like Hagi but he will end up with a massive amount of assists and second ball assists if he continues to show this confidence and skill.

8 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So you belive the opinions of one or two sports pundits when it comes to naming man of the match? 

Or as some used to say "were you at the game caller?" 

Eh I was watching the game and he got man of the match. The same way any other games man of the match is decided.

Im not saying he was brilliant. He did have a good game though and then got man of the match. 

4 hours ago, syecosse said:

Dire Mebude is Man city's u18 player of the year, they also won the league, surely a few of these Man city guys should be in our u21s set up.

Fair play to the lad. I was honestly surprised when he signed for them but he has obviously took this opportunity and ran with it. I hope it works out for him and Scotland. 

He is eligible for Nigeria aswell so should be in our young squads. Look what happened with Souttar and Mccarthy when they felt like they weren't wanted by us.

Countries like Nigeria, Ireland, Australia, etc are ridiculously pro active when it comes to recruiting foreign born youngsters. We need to be careful and show how important youngsters like Mebude are to us.

4 hours ago, syecosse said:

Dire Mebude is Man city's u18 player of the year, they also won the league, surely a few of these Man city guys should be in our u21s set up.

I keep an eye on the Stoke development thread as Stoke have a couple of useful talents coming through hopefully.  The team overall is pretty crap but remember Mebude being talked about in glowing terms when Man City spanked us 5-0 and hadn't realised he was Scottish:

Stands out miles in that game so hopefully he makes it all the way.  

15 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I keep an eye on the Stoke development thread as Stoke have a couple of useful talents coming through hopefully.  The team overall is pretty crap but remember Mebude being talked about in glowing terms when Man City spanked us 5-0 and hadn't realised he was Scottish:

Stands out miles in that game so hopefully he makes it all the way.  

13 goals and 18 assists in 27 appearances this season. Pretty good stats albeit at u18s level. A loan move next season to league 1 would be good imo. His brother dapo was playing for wimbledon this season but hes already 20. 

Edited by mccaughey85

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

13 goals and 18 assists in 27 appearances this season. Pretty good stats albeit at u18s level. A loan move next season to league 1 would be good imo. His brother dapo was playing for wimbledon this season but hes already 20. 

Dapo from their time at Rangers was the more promising of the 2 but Dapo apparently had attitude problems. He Struggled to kick on due to it and was terrible out on loan at QotS with time time keeping.

Hopefully as Dapo gets older he will grow and mature as he has natural raw attributes that you can't teach, along with good technique. 

Guest Scot1

Managed to watch Alan Campbell a few times this season at Luton, he’s been decent whenever I’ve seen him.  But in his present role, as a right sided central midfielder, I think he’d struggle to get anywhere near our squad at present or in the foreseeable future. 
I think under the right manager, he could be coached into a very good defensive midfielder,  if he has the discipline and his reading of the game is good enough. I think this switch in roles would be better for him in his club career and may well lead to him pushing for a place in future squads. 

Edited by Scot1

2 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Managed to watch Alan Campbell a few times this season at Luton, he’s been decent whenever I’ve seen him.  But in his present role, as a right sided central midfielder, I think he’d struggle to get anywhere near our squad at present or in the foreseeable future. 
I think under the right manager, he could be coached into a very good defensive midfielder,  if he has the discipline and his reading of the game is good enough. I think this switch in roles would be better for him in his club career and may well lead to him pushing for a place in future squads. 

Yeah, I'm trying to decide which team I'd prefer to win the playoffs.

Luton have Alan Campbell and Kal Naismith, but I doubt either are anywhere near the Scotland squad. 

Sheffield United have Fleck and McBurnie, but I feel like both represent the calibre of player we had in squads in the past that we have since surpassed.

Huddersfield have Jordan Rhodes, but he isn't even a first 11 player there and highly unlikely to remain in their team.

Nottingham Forest have Scott McKenna, who already had over 20 caps and has the potential to go on to better things. Also, a very likely short term backup to Tierney, and a long term replacement for Hanley/Cooper.

Guest Scot1
2 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Yeah, I'm trying to decide which team I'd prefer to win the playoffs.

Luton have Alan Campbell and Kal Naismith, but I doubt either are anywhere near the Scotland squad. 

Sheffield United have Fleck and McBurnie, but I feel like both represent the calibre of player we had in squads in the past that we have since surpassed.

Huddersfield have Jordan Rhodes, but he isn't even a first 11 player there and highly unlikely to remain in their team.

Nottingham Forest have Scott McKenna, who already had over 20 caps and has the potential to go on to better things. Also, a very likely short term backup to Tierney, and a long term replacement for Hanley/Cooper.

Personally I want Nottingham Forest to go up and McKenna to play in the Premiership. I actually think that Forest are the best of the 4 teams in the playoffs and should have a very good chance of winning it. 
Id also like to see Burnley go down and Leeds, Everton stay in the league because both teams have a Scot in their squad. 

Guest Scot1
13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

An assist for Lowry V Hearts.

And a goal for Lowry, took it nicely.

like the look of Devine at right back, been impressed with him 1st half. 

2 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

And a goal for Lowry, took it nicely.

like the look of Devine at right back, been impressed with him 1st half. 

Yes early signs very promising for Lowry. I hope we don't mess around playing him at junior levels for a year or two. Integrate him into the full squad say for the games in September.

Guest Scot1
5 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Ralston with a sublime deep chip assist for Kyogo. Good day for the Scots so far at the old firm.

O'Donnell has had a few wee forays forward as well for Motherwell. Albeit playing LWB.

Good to see Turnbull starting  today and on the scoresheet.

Edited by Scot1

Guest Scot1
3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes early signs very promising for Lowry. I hope we don't mess around playing him at junior levels for a year or two. Integrate him into the full squad say for the games in September.

Do you know if he is two-footed, or only uses his right?