Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 130 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Huge difference between Livramento and McCall and Goran anyway. McCall and Goran zero England caps at junior levels to Livramento's 30.

Goran? Was that not the alien dude captain kirk had the fight with?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be different if Livramento came out now or while he’s still a realistic England player and said, actually I want to play for Scotland but he won’t, he’ll only play for us if England don’t want him, so it’s not the same as Declan Rice and Jack Grealish. 

In saying that what can you do, that’s how international football is now and we’ve capped plenty of these guys, some better than others. 

18 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It would be different if Livramento came out now or while he’s still a realistic England player and said, actually I want to play for Scotland but he won’t, he’ll only play for us if England don’t want him, so it’s not the same as Declan Rice and Jack Grealish. 

In saying that what can you do, that’s how international football is now and we’ve capped plenty of these guys, some better than others. 

I doubt very much that anyone we have capped before with English roots had been capped 30 times at junior level though like Livramento has.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I doubt very much that anyone we have capped before with English roots had been capped 30 times at junior level though like Livramento has.

James Morrison got just under 20. But aye more probably haven’t been good enough, even at junior levels. 

11 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

I love the way he's not even in the picture at the beginning of the move, then he suddenly appears, points where he wants the ball passed to and... goal! Very nice.

I've only watched a couple of Bologna games but what did stand out is he seems a really clever player and that is something that can't really be coached.  He just seems to have that innate ability of knowing what is going on and what he needs to do in response.  

Looks like we've got a proper talent here and hope if he moves on he has that bit of luck needed for it to work out.  

10 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

James Morrison got just under 20. But aye more probably haven’t been good enough, even at junior levels. 

My point being once someone has opted to represent a country thirty times they have pinned their colours to the mast on who they feel their affinity for - not even up for debate.

13 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hickeys goal.

For me, if Nathan Patterson doesn’t make the Ukraine PlayOff game I’d go with Hickey as a replacement 

SOD not getting regular football with Motherwell but Steve Clarke knows he will do a job for him ?!? 
Tough call but if Hickey is getting regular football in Serie A then you’d think Clarke will go with Hickey and give Scotland that attacking threat when required…..

30 minutes ago, broraboy said:

For me, if Nathan Patterson doesn’t make the Ukraine PlayOff game I’d go with Hickey as a replacement 

SOD not getting regular football with Motherwell but Steve Clarke knows he will do a job for him ?!? 
Tough call but if Hickey is getting regular football in Serie A then you’d think Clarke will go with Hickey and give Scotland that attacking threat when required…..

Yeh i would like to see hickey at right wing back. Hes a goal threat going by his record in serie a this season.

20 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The embarrassing thing is the bloke has evidently made his choice. We are talking about a player who has played at every level for England as per his choice. And how do fans know? The SFA may have made an approach and he has told them to do one. 

According to you Che Adams wasn't interested in playing for us either, but evidently that turned out not to be the case.

If the SFA have approached Livramento and he's told them to bolt then he won't get picked and that's the end of it, but it's not clear if any of that's happened.

I don't really see what's embarrassing about fans wanting their team to have better players either, football message boards are full of discussions along those lines.

6 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I've only watched a couple of Bologna games but what did stand out is he seems a really clever player and that is something that can't really be coached.  He just seems to have that innate ability of knowing what is going on and what he needs to do in response.  

Looks like we've got a proper talent here and hope if he moves on he has that bit of luck needed for it to work out.  

I agree. He does seem to be a clever player.

I wonder if he might  choose to stay at Bologna for a while longer? His rate of development there has been impressive. And it looks like the management and fans really like him. Plus he's playing in a challenging league week in, week out?
Regardless, from a Scottish perspective, I really hope he continues his upward trajectory!

58 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

I agree. He does seem to be a clever player.

I wonder if he might  choose to stay at Bologna for a while longer? His rate of development there has been impressive. And it looks like the management and fans really like him. Plus he's playing in a challenging league week in, week out?
Regardless, from a Scottish perspective, I really hope he continues his upward trajectory!

...and to think some people wanted him jettisoned because he didn't want to play for Scot Gemmill

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

My point being once someone has opted to represent a country thirty times they have pinned their colours to the mast on who they feel their affinity for - not even up for debate.

Declan Rice? He played full international for ROI. Did he pin his colours to the ROI mast then? Not even up for debate because im pretty certain most would disagree.

24 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Declan Rice? He played full international for ROI. Did he pin his colours to the ROI mast then? Not even up for debate because im pretty certain most would disagree.

This is the benchmark, Declan Rice having played for ROI in full Internationals then changing his mind !! 
Totally wrong and Scotland should utilise every potential player available 

disagree with what?

this is getting too confusing.

rice is a dick irrespective of his change of allegiance. Point being he never pinned any colours….. or is that what your saying?…. and it’s off topic, but the only reason pep is courting him in the press is to force utd into wasting ridiculous sums. 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

...and to think some people wanted him jettisoned because he didn't want to play for Scot Gemmill

Good point. I'm glad he wasn't jettisoned! (I'd be very suprised if we don't see him as a regular in the senior squad from now on?)