Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 129 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

You do realise that it's international football we are talking about, and he has made his choice.. england. Once he made the choice to move to england after having played for us, that should be his bridges burnt. Have a little self respect and stop chasing these pr.. ks. 

Some people are seriously deluded if they think/want Livramento to play for us when he patently does not want to represent us. England caps at every level from U-15 up to and including U-21. Respect the blokes wishes on who he obviously wants to represent instead of being like a dog sniffing around a lamp post.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Some people are seriously deluded if they think/want Livramento to play for us when he patently does not want to represent us. England caps at every level from U-15 up to and including U-21. Respect the blokes wishes on who he obviously wants to represent instead of being like a dog sniffing around a lamp post.

Any person who wants this lad to play for Scotland needs their fuckin hied examined. I dinnae give a fuck if he is the next Pele'. We have Scottish boys that would bleed to play for Scotland that deserve it more. He made his bed.. Fuck him !!!

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

You're right mate - came to us as a winger/ wing back.

Poachers goal yesterday but didn't think he had the composure to stay cool and place it - few months ago he'd have just lashed it and hoped

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/stoke-city/12597185/stoke-1-0-qpr-championship-highlights

Sounds promising. The more options the better. Hope he gets some game time during the Nations League games in June.

48 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hickey and henderson both score in serie a today. I am guessing two scots scoring in italys top flight on the same day must be first.

Henderson scored and Empoli beat Napoli which is a quality result. He must be worth a look at you’d think 

Can you believe that teenage girl spitting on fuckwit, Carragher gave man of the match to Origi when he'd only been on for 30 minutes?  What a monumental bellend of a man he truly is!

Edited by todd

48 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is not even a debate. He's pledged his allegiance to England.

Stuart McCall and Andy Goram were both picked for England u21 squads, Che Adams played for England u20s and there are probably others. I think some of us would just like to know that a player of his undoubted ability has been approached. The SFA haven't always inspired confidence in being proactive. 

Today's injury sounds like a bad one and it's a shame for the lad, he's had an outstanding season and I'm sure he will go on to have a great international career (with someone)

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Any person who wants this lad to play for Scotland needs their fuckin hied examined. I dinnae give a fuck if he is the next Pele'. We have Scottish boys that would bleed to play for Scotland that deserve it more. He made his bed.. Fuck him !!!

He made his bed, fuck him?  Not the way I remember the phrase but I get your drift 😂

54 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Stuart McCall and Andy Goram were both picked for England u21 squads, Che Adams played for England u20s and there are probably others. I think some of us would just like to know that a player of his undoubted ability has been approached. The SFA haven't always inspired confidence in being proactive. 

Today's injury sounds like a bad one and it's a shame for the lad, he's had an outstanding season and I'm sure he will go on to have a great international career (with someone)

Plenty of players capped for Scotland at age-group levels have gone onto play for other nations too: Martin Boyle and Harry Souttar for Australia; Scott Arfield and David Wotherspoon for Canada; Matt Kennedy for Northern Ireland - and that's just off the top of my head.  Do any of their fans care about that?  I doubt it.

Even England, who mass produce players now, have Declan Rice, who played at every age group and even won senior caps for RoI - do England fans care a jot about that?  Not that I know of.

About half the Senegal squad who have qualified for the World Cup were born and/or brought up outside Senegal, mostly in France and many have represented the French at age-group levels.  Some of them play for some huge clubs too. The Welsh team who may well end up going to Qatar instead of us are full of guys who are born outside Wales.  That's the reality of international football now.

5 hours ago, thesaint said:

You do realise that it's international football we are talking about, and he has made his choice.. england. Once he made the choice to move to england after having played for us, that should be his bridges burnt. Have a little self respect and stop chasing these pr.. ks. 

International football where the rules are in line with the original posters comments but not your own. So he probably does realise what football he is talking about.

11 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Plenty of players capped for Scotland at age-group levels have gone onto play for other nations too: Martin Boyle and Harry Souttar for Australia; Scott Arfield and David Wotherspoon for Canada; Matt Kennedy for Northern Ireland - and that's just off the top of my head.  Do any of their fans care about that?  I doubt it.

Even England, who mass produce players now, have Declan Rice, who played at every age group and even won senior caps for RoI - do England fans care a jot about that?  Not that I know of.

About half the Senegal squad who have qualified for the World Cup were born and/or brought up outside Senegal, mostly in France and many have represented the French at age-group levels.  Some of them play for some huge clubs too. The Welsh team who may well end up going to Qatar instead of us are full of guys who are born outside Wales.  That's the reality of international football now.

The embarrassing thing is the bloke has evidently made his choice. We are talking about a player who has played at every level for England as per his choice. And how do fans know? The SFA may have made an approach and he has told them to do one. 

https://twitter.com/henshawanalysis/status/1517760180917727233?s=21&t=S9Epk8iK2Cu2tTl4SYlV7w

For those who enjoy stats…

Shows how much of a miss Harry Souttar is and how strong Scott McKenna is in the air. He’s not a great ball progressor though, so maybe can only be central centre back for us. Or a guy to bring off the bench to close out a game. 

Think we do need to find a left centre back that can do a similar job to Tierney, don’t think there’s anyone in the current squad that can. 

Means that there is a place for Kingsley or Targett as second choice LCB and a pretty big oversight from Clarke to not include a player that can replace Tierney in the first 11 in previous squads. 

E753FC53-1A10-48DB-A3E2-C7199231962E.jpeg

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

It's our choice to make it our reality.Nobody is forcing us.....before you know it will be like the rugby,where guys with no connection with Scotland are playing for us.Is that what you really want?

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

SCOTTISH being the crucial word.