Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 127 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Dykes had been back for a while now. Never too sure what to think of him. 

It's a weird one because if you offered me one or the other I'd take Brown without question with my Stoke hat on but Dykes with my Scotland one on.  

With Brown's engine and speed though could see him being a valuable addition up top if he continues to progress but not the prolific answer we've been looking for.  There are quite a few times though where his touch is crap and/or he is totally out of position not reading what is going on as he started out as a right winger/ wing back.    

I feel a bit sorry for Steven Fletcher as he was wasted during our really shite years whereas in the current team reckon he'd look a completely different player not isolated 50 yards away from everyone having the ball bunted in his general vicinity.  

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Dykes had been back for a while now. Never too sure what to think of him. 

Exactly. Very inconsistent to say the least, but we do not have any other decent options up front. Imagine if we had a potent striker up front? One can only dream.....

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Exactly. Very inconsistent to say the least, but we do not have any other decent options up front. Imagine if we had a potent striker up front? One can only dream.....

Jacob brown looks like he could become a decent option. Hes starting to score every week in the english championship. If he can keep it up then some epl sides might take an interest in him next season.

8 hours ago, stirlish said:

Has the Ukraine match been confirmed as an evening kick off yet?

It seems a bit mental that they didn't just announce the time when they announced the date. 

Maybe they are waiting for Ukraine to decide what time they want to play? 😉

Just watched Fiorinis assist for Lincoln at the weekend and Man of the match, he definitely looks like he will be playing higher next season, be interesting to see what moves a few of the young lads do as I think a few could really push on next year. 

On 4/18/2022 at 10:29 PM, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

He hit the Premiership like a steam train whilst still 17 and already has more than 25 career appearances. He has definitely dipped following his injury, but he is still holding down a regular starting spot for Aberdeen. The hype was and is justified.

Hope your right. 

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Reports that Clarke has had Matt Targett watched for a possible switch back to Scotland.

With Robertson, Tierney, Hickey all in that position it doesn’t seem like a great shout for Targett himself. No got a Welsh granny too? Lol

16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

With Robertson, Tierney, Hickey all in that position it doesn’t seem like a great shout for Targett himself. No got a Welsh granny too? Lol

Press seem to be indicating its with one eye more on a replacement for Tierney and back up for Robertson with the Champions League Final.

I doubt it will gather much speed this story, as like you said, you have the three of them, plus Greg Taylor just down from that also.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Can't see Clarke wanting to play Tierney at any other position than center back.

Honestly don't see him as cover for Robertson anymore.

So we have Hickey covering left and right back .

Target is a well above average left back, getting him aboard would be massive.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Can't see Clarke wanting to play Tierney at any other position than center back.

He'd be an upgrade on Greg Taylor anyway, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Yeah fair point. He’s an upgrade on Taylor for sure anyway. 

Clsrke loves Taylor though for some reason lol. 

On 4/21/2022 at 12:52 AM, theabsentee said:

Hope your right. 

Me too. He's a kid with a lot of pressure on his shoulders right now (being linked with big money moves that would be life changing for him and his family). That is a lot for anyone, let alone an 18 year old kid. So much can go wrong at this point, I hope he is well advised - he certainly seems to be a sensible enough lad.

On 4/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, thesaint said:

No he wouldn't. Greg Taylor is Scottish. This character target has made his choice, and it aint us. F.. K him. Enough of this nonsense. 

Well said.. Fuck him is right!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿