Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 126 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say I just do not fancy Ralston in big games(although seems if fit Taylor and Juranovic play in big games) giving the run around today, I also remember Bayer targeting him in Europe, on goalkeepers Mclaughlin seemed to show a lot of dominance in the area although no big saves to make, deflection took the celtic goal away from him.

14 hours ago, syecosse said:

Got to say I just do not fancy Ralston in big games(although seems if fit Taylor and Juranovic play in big games) giving the run around today, I also remember Bayer targeting him in Europe, on goalkeepers Mclaughlin seemed to show a lot of dominance in the area although no big saves to make, deflection took the celtic goal away from him.

me neither, he’s just not very good.  I would certainly play O’Donnell ahead of him.

Guest Scot1

I think that Patterson and Calvin Ramsay will be our choices at right back / right wing back going forward. I’m hoping Ramsay gets a good move in the summer. 
On the left we have Robbo and Tierney. Hickey can play both sides. 
Josh Doig is another player I’d like to see move to a better team/ league in the summer.

8 hours ago, Scot1 said:

I think that Patterson and Calvin Ramsay will be our choices at right back / right wing back going forward. I’m hoping Ramsay gets a good move in the summer. 
On the left we have Robbo and Tierney. Hickey can play both sides. 
Josh Doig is another player I’d like to see move to a better team/ league in the summer.

You're hoping Ramsay gets a good move? I'm not an Aberdeen fan but I've got no problems with him staying there for a year or two. Better that than going to Liverpool, never to be heard of or seen again.

Guest Scot1
1 hour ago, Arbroath1320 said:

You're hoping Ramsay gets a good move? I'm not an Aberdeen fan but I've got no problems with him staying there for a year or two. Better that than going to Liverpool, never to be heard of or seen again.

Bologna were interested in him.  I think he has just as much, if not more potential than Hickey, it would be good if he went to a team playing in a better league and got played, similar to how things worked out for Hickey. I’d imagine if he went to  a huge club like Liverpool, he’d be loaned out. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Tom Mcintyre alythough a CB has 2 in the last 2 matches to probably keep Reading up. Elliot Anderson also scored In the last 2 games looks like he will have Bristol Rovers in the play offs( hopefully he is committed to us).

He's had a very stop start career but thankfully his last few games haven't been at left back.  He seems much better in central defence or as a holding midfield player.

I hope his dozen games at left back were due to a lack of cover there for Reading and he can play in his  better positions now.

15 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Be surprised if Ramsey has done any were near enough to get a move to a bigger team.

Not sure were all the hype around him came from.

Yeah I think that’s pretty fair. You can probably say the same about Doig too 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Be surprised if Ramsey has done any were near enough to get a move to a bigger team.

Not sure were all the hype around him came from.

He hit the Premiership like a steam train whilst still 17 and already has more than 25 career appearances. He has definitely dipped following his injury, but he is still holding down a regular starting spot for Aberdeen. The hype was and is justified.

5 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Goal for Jacob Brown for Stoke . 

Good to report on Scottish players in action as we have a few out at the moment  like Tierney , McTominay,  fraser and Patterson 

Brown got man of the match aswell according to Fotmob..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 4/17/2022 at 6:36 PM, ProudScot said:

McLaughlin was very solid today. Jack was his usual self. Taylor had a howler early on then scored and played well after that. Pretty decent old firm game tbh, big shame there’s not more Scots between the two sides. 

McLaughlin is solid in the sense of decent with the ball at his feet and can come for a cross or corner. Outside of that I'm not sure he has the quality to be Scotland or Rangers number 1. 

I worry a bit when Gordon eventually retires from Scotland duty, what our goalkeeping situation will be like.

29 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

McLaughlin is solid in the sense of decent with the ball at his feet and can come for a cross or corner. Outside of that I'm not sure he has the quality to be Scotland or Rangers number 1. 

I worry a bit when Gordon eventually retires from Scotland duty, what our goalkeeping situation will be like.

i think he is our second best keeper after Gordon.  Gordon and mcgregor are top quality.

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Brown got man of the match aswell according to Fotmob..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

He's in the running for player of the season although there isn't maasive cometition in that a number of candidates who've probably been better in patches have ended up injured for prolonged periods.  

If he progresses like he has this season into next he could be a lower Prem striker - gives me Johny Walters vibes.  

34 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

He's in the running for player of the season although there isn't maasive cometition in that a number of candidates who've probably been better in patches have ended up injured for prolonged periods.  

If he progresses like he has this season into next he could be a lower Prem striker - gives me Johny Walters vibes.  

Ok, I live in Canada mate, who is Johny Walters? Daft question I know, but I haven't a scooby...😊

21 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok, I live in Canada mate, who is Johny Walters? Daft question I know, but I haven't a scooby...😊

Played for Stoke during the Premiership years and went from being a lower league carthorse to a premiership striker that was a 7 out of 10 every week - ran himself into the ground every week type.  Regular for Ireland at the time too.  

Brown is a bit like that and wouldn't be surprised if an unfashionable club took a punt on him higher up.  

1 minute ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Played for Stoke during the Premiership years and went from being a lower league carthorse to a premiership striker that was a 7 out of 10 every week - ran himself into the ground every week type.  Regular for Ireland at the time too.  

Brown is a bit like that and wouldn't be surprised if an unfashionable club took a punt on him higher up.  

Cheers for that pal. That would be brilliant for us. Fingers crossed..

17 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

He os only 23 aswell which is good for development at a higher caliber. Sais he is valued at £3.3 million. I never believe that Stat anyhoo. I regularly check on Adam's and Dykes, but think Dykes is injured no? We need options up front for sure. Adams gets injured we are fucked, jury still out on Dykes from my perspective. Why is it we never produce descent strikers as of late? Surely the next generation should be inspired...

48 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

He os only 23 aswell which is good for development at a higher caliber. Sais he is valued at £3.3 million. I never believe that Stat anyhoo. I regularly check on Adam's and Dykes, but think Dykes is injured no? We need options up front for sure. Adams gets injured we are fucked, jury still out on Dykes from my perspective. Why is it we never produce descent strikers as of late? Surely the next generation should be inspired...

Dykes had been back for a while now. Never too sure what to think of him.