Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 119 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf up until a couple of seasons ago celtic always had 4/5 in their starting line ups. 

Back then celtic didn't have the fear of losing to anyone so they didn't spend big. Now that win at all costs is back between the OF they will spend to bring in the finished article.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Back then celtic didn't have the fear of losing to anyone so they didn't spend big. Now that win at all costs is back between the OF they will spend to bring in the finished article.

Yeh maybe so, i doubt both teams will have lots of scots starting for the next few years. Celtic have just lost that ben doak who looked like he could be a future first team player. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I fear you might be right. Especially now that they'll have the guaranteed £40m champions league money. 

To give Celtic some credit, a fully fit Turnbull and Forrest might have started yesterday. That would have been 4 Scots in the starting 11, which I think is as much as we can hope for from the Old Firm. However, with that CL money, Greg Taylor will almost certainly be the first guy to be replaced. Forrest can't have much left in his legs either. 

It's especially worrying that, as McCaughey85 said, they can't even keep a hold of the best young Scots. So youngsters breaking through may become increasingly rare.

Edited by Tartan blood

7 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I fear you might be right. Especially now that they'll have the guaranteed £40m champions league money. 

To give Celtic some credit, a fully fit Turnbull and Forrest might have started yesterday. That would have been 4 Scots in the starting 11, which I think is as much as we can hope for from the Old Firm. However, with that CL money, Greg Taylor will almost certainly be the first guy to be replaced. Forrest can't have much left in his legs either. 

It's especially worrying that, as McCaughey85 said, they can't even keep a hold of the best young Scots. So youngsters breaking through may become increasingly rare.

As I said on another post there are a number of reasons for less Scots at Old Firm clubs. They have had Scots lured away to the EPL as in Gilmour, Patterson, Armstrong, Christie and Doak. On top of that they have had young Scottish talent prefer a move to the EPL or further afield in the form of John McGinn and Aaron Hickey. Players are seeing there is another world outside of the Old Firm and they can be a success there instead of stagnating at Ibrox and Parkhead which some of our past players have been guilty of doing.

13 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Agree,cant see a way of playing the formation without him unless we just play mega defensive or lopsided.

Be easier to go back to the bad old days of 4-5-1

Although I said irreplaceable 😀 I’d rather just replace him rather than change formation. Cooper in at LCB. I’d then put McTominay in at right so we at least have one forward-carrying central defender.

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

His season is over going by reports. 

Totally unbelievable.Of all the players we could have lost.Well,that's us suffering already regarding the play offs getting put off in March.If the final had been played when it should have,we would have either qualified or failed with our best team.Absolute SHITE.Always felt that we would end up getting shafted somehow.

29 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Totally unbelievable.Of all the players we could have lost.Well,that's us suffering already regarding the play offs getting put off in March.If the final had been played when it should have,we would have either qualified or failed with our best team.Absolute SHITE.Always felt that we would end up getting shafted somehow.

It just wouldn't be Scotland without getting shat on from a great height! 😡

5 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Arteta is on the BBC sport website saying Tierney’s injury is ‘not looking good, they’ll know more on Tuesday’

Has anyone seen it confirmed that he’ll be out for the season? Suppose I’m clutching at straws….

Lets see what Tuesday brings, his vulnerability to injuries does have me surprised that the big two in Spain would be seriously looking at him. 

Edited by romanticscot