Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 106 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Do we need to start talking about Bruce Anderson? Top Scottish scorer in the league and overall joint second top scorer with Morelos. 11 goals for Livingston is a very good return.

I was wondering that too. 🤔

On 2/26/2022 at 9:13 AM, Diamond Scot said:

Gilmour needs to play in a team where players have the confidence to give him the ball early and then other players have good movement so Gilmour has something to pass to.

I watched the full game last night and alot of Norwichs games this season. Norwich players consistently delay passing the ball, especially when the prospective pass has a player near them. This results in them constantly going to the back 4 or keeper who go long up the line. This and this one are why games are bypassing Gilmour.

There was a spell towards end of 1st half and mid 2nd half where Norwich were actually brave and in both spells Gilmour was very involved. He rarely misplaces a pass. Problem being with Norwich delaying that means most of his passes just go to back 4 instead of forward.

Theres a reason why Norwich look so poor. They have too many chamionship level players who dont have the confidence to play in tight spaces.

That's a good analysis. I sometimes get the feeling Gilmour's reading play 2 or three passes in advance of the players around him. It must be pretty frustrating for him I would guess?

(It's like asking Leonard Bernstein to conduct your typical school orchestra. He can wave his arms around as much as he likes, but the tempo's not going to change. No-one's looking up.)

On 2/26/2022 at 6:47 PM, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Do we need to start talking about Bruce Anderson? Top Scottish scorer in the league and overall joint second top scorer with Morelos. 11 goals for Livingston is a very good return.

He must be in the mix with Nisbet out.

Fuck knows if there will even be games at all the way it’s looking just now…

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well Ukraine have announced they will still be sending a team to the Winter Paralympics.

I don't imagine those guys would be much good on the front line tho..🤔🤔

9 minutes ago, stocky said:

I don't imagine those guys would be much good on the front line tho..🤔🤔

True.

But the way things are going a postponement of the play-off is the only option but the position is changing quickly. If Russia carries out annexing Kiev and forcing Ukraine to surrender that could take several months so a decision will need to be made. Russia may even claim Ukraine back as part of Russia has they have done with Crimea. So you see even a postponement may be pointless as the situation could change to a point where the match will never be possible.

I've been trying to do some research in how things were handled when Yugoslavia broke up. I cannot see the match being postponed because as the post above mentions, its too uncertain as to when it could happen if ever.  it would not only affect our fixture, but the other winner in our section. Ukraine may forfeit the match being unable to field a team.  

3 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I've been trying to do some research in how things were handled when Yugoslavia broke up. I cannot see the match being postponed because as the post above mentions, its too uncertain as to when it could happen if ever.  it would not only affect our fixture, but the other winner in our section. Ukraine may forfeit the match being unable to field a team.  

If memory serves, Yugoslavia were removed from the competition and Denmark - who had finished second behind them in their qualifying group - were admitted instead.

Since Russia have been removed, albeit temporarily at this stage, I'm quite interested to know if Slovakia, who finished just behind them in qualifying, will be invited to play Poland instead, or if the Poles will just be given a bye to the final round.

10 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Not sure if Nisbet will be fit for the play offs. Possibly a striker position up for grabs. Tony Watt, Ross Stewart, Shankland, Bruce Anderson all in the reckoning I would imagine.

Shankland has scored 7 goals so far this season and 3 of them were against Elgin City and Kelty Hearts, so I can't see him being in the frame.

Tony Watt has gone off the boil a bit too since his move, in terms of goals at least. Anderson or Stewart might be in contention though.

8 hours ago, scotlad said:

Shankland has scored 7 goals so far this season and 3 of them were against Elgin City and Kelty Hearts, so I can't see him being in the frame.

Tony Watt has gone off the boil a bit too since his move, in terms of goals at least. Anderson or Stewart might be in contention though.

i don’t think any above will feature.  Strikers will be dykes, Adams, Christie and Fraser.

46 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Didn't expect to hear anymore about Brown after his initial call up but I would say he is pretty much nailed on to remain in the squad. 

He seems a good player with an eye for goal. Also, I saw an interview with him from the last training camp: totally buzzing about his call up and was getting on great with the rest of the squad.  I'd be glad to see him named in the next squad.

personally i would go 3-5-2-1 formation against the better teams and would therefore only have 3 recognized strikers in the squad for me that would be Adams, Dykes and Brown

I think Shankland, Watt, Stewart and Anderson are way off making the squad. 

6 hours ago, borojock said:

personally i would go 3-5-2-1 formation against the better teams and would therefore only have 3 recognized strikers in the squad for me that would be Adams, Dykes and Brown

I think Shankland, Watt, Stewart and Anderson are way off making the squad. 

im all for that but not sure it will be too long before the ref spots we have 12 players on the park!