Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 89 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, syecosse said:

Hickey is playing RB and eligible Luis Binks starts his 3rd match in a row at CB for Bologna.

It's good to see them both start but bologna are on a bit of bad run of 6 defeats and 1 victory in their last 7 games. Hopefully it's not down to Binks and hickey, I haven't watched the games so maybe they have played well despite the poor form. 

1 hour ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Rangers have produced our 2 best young players at the moment and Alex Lowry looked outstanding when he came on.

With the loan system most of Rangers best prospects like Mayo, Williamson, Kennedy etc aren’t at the club, the B team is effectively an under 19 side and a level below the old under 20’s side even.

Could obviously argue Lowry and King could have started but good to see the minutes they got.

I know I am generally quite scathing about Rangers unwillingness to develop Scots into first team players, but I am very encouraged by the conveyor belt of talent that seems to be coming out of there right now. It just hasn't really translated into first team opportunities yet. Hopefully Lowry has now forced himself into the reckoning. 

As I've said before, I couldn't care less if they make it at Rangers or not. As long as their development isn't hindered, Rangers can sell/release every talented player they have.

Edited by Tartan blood

20 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

The Norwich fans will probably be thinking it's because Gilmour is injured

Yeh Norwich winning the past two games without gilmour will only help fuel the fans opinion that hes useless and not good enough. Lets hope the manager doesn't see it that way. 

10 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Lowry has ridiculous levels of technique. He has a lot of work to do on the other aspects of his game but technique wise he is up there with Aribo. Gio and the team obviously like the look of Lowry and gave him a debut over the Irish lad Charlie McCann who has trained a lot with the first team this season and sent Kelly out on loan.

On them not starting, it is disappointing but this game also comes on the back of a 3/4 week break. I dislike the Scottish cup game coming right after the break. Instead of giving youngsters chances, you are having to build up fitness and sharpness levels of first team players.

I've just clocked that Alex Lowry also went to the Performance Schools. As did Leon King (I think).

We're really starting to notice a big difference. Instead of maybe being ready at 21/22, these guys are showing class at a much younger age. I'd be interested to see a list of where all the graduated PS kids are. The SFA website doesn't look like it's up to date at all.

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh Norwich winning the past two games without gilmour will only help fuel the fans opinion that hes useless and not good enough. Lets hope the manager doesn't see it that way. 

Dean Smith noted after the game that he’s looking forward to getting some important players back from injury and mentioned Gilmour first. Should be back next week. 

38 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I've just clocked that Alex Lowry also went to the Performance Schools. As did Leon King (I think).

We're really starting to notice a big difference. Instead of maybe being ready at 21/22, these guys are showing class at a much younger age. I'd be interested to see a list of where all the graduated PS kids are. The SFA website doesn't look like it's up to date at all.

Bit early, least in the case of King and Lowry to be making grand statements about class. 

42 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I looked at the site not long ago and Malky was still shown as Performance Director. You’d think they’d be keen to show off the successes starting to come through after all the initial fanfare. Or are they still thinking of canning them quietly in the background. Harder to cancel something if it’s perceived to be a big success…

45 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Bit early, least in the case of King and Lowry to be making grand statements about class. 

I've not seen either of them play. I was thinking more about Ramsay, MacKenzie, Montgomery, Patterson, Gilmour, and Kerr Smith. 

38 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

I looked at the site not long ago and Malky was still shown as Performance Director. You’d think they’d be keen to show off the successes starting to come through after all the initial fanfare. Or are they still thinking of canning them quietly in the background. Harder to cancel something if it’s perceived to be a big success…

Maybe there are still some old fashioned people that see it as an unnecessary expense. I think it'll be impossible to close them down now with the success of Gilmour et al. 

35 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Patterson not even on the bench today.

If this continues can’t expect him to start against Ukraine. Not seen the last of O’Donnell yet? 
The Ukraine lad they signed recently to play left back also not even on the bench.

Edited by GHfaeGTA

41 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

If this continues can’t expect him to start against Ukraine. Not seen the last of O’Donnell yet? 
The Ukraine lad they signed recently to play left back also not even on the bench.

definitely.  Can’t play Patterson if he is nowhere near the first team.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

I've not seen either of them play. I was thinking more about Ramsay, MacKenzie, Montgomery, Patterson, Gilmour, and Kerr Smith. 

Maybe there are still some old fashioned people that see it as an unnecessary expense. I think it'll be impossible to close them down now with the success of Gilmour et al. 

If we start qualifying regularly they surely pay for themselves. 

Like you say, would be great to see a list of players, say, who’ve made a senior club appearance or played for the under 21s. Get a feel for how many are coming through the schools 

Edited by breeks_mctavish

1 hour ago, GHfaeGTA said:

The Ukrainian lad has at least featured for them.

I'm starting to wonder if Patterson might have been better off staying where he was.