Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 81 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Ross stewart with a double today. He's really looking good albeit at a low level of football. If he scores plenty in the championship next season then clarke will hopefully give him a chance in the squad. 

Was really another hat-trick, Sunderland’s first goal was a Stewart header that came off the underside of the bar, hit the keeper and went in so it was classed as an own goal. I’d have him in the squad ahead of  Nisbet. I think he offers more all round.

4 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Was really another hat-trick, Sunderland’s first goal was a Stewart header that came off the underside of the bar, hit the keeper and went in so it was classed as an own goal. I’d have him in the squad ahead of  Nisbet. I think he offers more all round.

Sounds like hes turning into a goal machine which is what we need in our squad. Not sure I would include him in the squad yet, league 1 isn't a good standard of football. See how he does in the championship next season. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Sounds like hes turning into a goal machine which is what we need in our squad. Not sure I would include him in the squad yet, league 1 isn't a good standard of football. See how he does in the championship next season. 

The top teams in league 1 would give all the teams in Scotland outside the Old Firm a run for their money. 

10 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

The top teams in league 1 would give all the teams in Scotland outside the Old Firm a run for their money. 

Maybe so but I wouldn't really want to pick strikers from the non old firm spl players. Nisbet and shankland get in because we were desperate but hopefully that changes and we can look to a higher standard in the future. 

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

both statements are true.  League 1 is a poor standard so is the spl.  Its all relative.  Every teAm outside the old firm would struggle in the english championship and thr lower spl teams would be relegated .  Even thr old firm would struggle to get promoted from that league.

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

both statements are true.  League 1 is a poor standard so is the spl.  Its all relative.  Every teAm outside the old firm would struggle in the english championship and thr lower spl teams would be relegated .  Even thr old firm would struggle to get promoted from that league.

Your right with everything there apart from the old firm struggling to get promoted from the championship. Rangers and celtic with their current squads would easily finish 1st or 2nd in that league. However they would struggle in the EPL and would be in and around the the relegation zone. 

46 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

They would struggle in the championship if they were still receiving Scottish football income. Give our teams a slice of the championship cash and they could flourish.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

They would struggle in the championship if they were still receiving Scottish football income. Give our teams a slice of the championship cash and they could flourish.

No ones arguing that tbf, point is league 1 and non old firm spl strikers are usually not good enough for international football.

I would probably wait to see how Stewart does in the championship before calling him up unless of course he keeps up this form of scoring hatricks and ends up on 40 plus goals. 

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

I see Patterson is in his normal positIon. The bench.

Give him a chance 😂

If the sky sports app is correct, and Everton are playing 343, that could suit Patterson. Jonjoe Kenny is currently playing right wing back, who was, by all accounts, a failure at Celtic. Supplanting Coleman will be hard. Supplanting Kenny, not so much.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

No ones arguing that tbf, point is league 1 and non old firm spl strikers are usually not good enough for international football.

I would probably wait to see how Stewart does in the championship before calling him up unless of course he keeps up this form of scoring hatricks and ends up on 40 plus goals. 

Malcolm said the clubs would struggle in the championship when that just simply isn't true.

No idea what your on about with the rest. I wasn't in that debate

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Give him a chance 😂

If the sky sports app is correct, and Everton are playing 343, that could suit Patterson. Jonjoe Kenny is currently playing right wing back, who was, by all accounts, a failure at Celtic. Supplanting Coleman will be hard. Supplanting Kenny, not so much.

Four at the back

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Malcolm said the clubs would struggle in the championship when that just simply isn't true.

No idea what your on about with the rest. I wasn't in that debate

If you go back and read the discussion and you will find why Malcolm weighed in with his point. 

His point is correct on how the spl clubs would do in the championship. Saying that i think most of us acknowledge that given the riches of the championship that teams like Aberdeen, hibs etc could improve their teams and do well in the championship and maybe gain promotion to the EPL but if you were to transport the Aberdeen or hibs sides as they currently are into the championship then they would probably struggle to get above mid table.